1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Could Bojack Horseman Air on Adult Swim?

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Magmaster12, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

It now has four seasons and almost 50, that's certainly more than a lot of other shows that have been syndicated on Adult Swim.

2. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

Content wise and as a series? Sure. It would fit in like a glove on AS.

Turner actually being able too though? I sincerely doubt it. Unlike some other series mentioned on the forums Bojack Horseman actually is one of Netflix's flagship series for the platform, and I doubt they'd be willing to share it so easily.

TBS maybe has a better chance of snagging the syndication rights, but again this doesn't seem too likely.

3. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

Bojack Horseman has too much continuity for it to be aired on Adult Swim so I doubt As would want to air it as much as say FG or AD

4. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Well-Known Member

Has there ever been an instance of a Netflix-exclusive show moving to TV for syndication?

5. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

That would be a good addition to AS, though the odds aren't really favorable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Uh... you do know Adult Swim airs the Venture Brothers (now with Aqua Teen Hunger Force finished the oldest still ongoing adult swim show) which is also a series filled with continuity and major call backs right? Hell even stuff like Frisky Dingo or even 12 Oz Mouse had continuity and callbacks to them. So I don't see why Bojack Horsemen wouldn't fit in that regard. It wouldn't be a Family Guy or King of the Hill or American Dad constant runner but not every AS show is like a FOX show, and for good reason.

Honestly as others say there are issues regarding whether or not AS would be even able to legally acquire it. As yeah SuperMansion aired on Adult Swim but there's a difference between Netflix and Crackle in online streaming service and Supermansion was co-created by Matthew Senreich of Robot Chicken fame. Plus there is a slight edge to Netflix shows that even Adult Swim shows don't have yet. I mean AS shows can't let loose even once a season an official f-bomb and those are kind of an important part of Bojack Horsemen that would loose the luster of some scenes if bleeped.

7. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Seeing those T Mobile Ads featuring stuff from Netflix's library and they don't show BoJack Horseman so I wouldn't call this a flagship show.

8. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Dreamworks shows made for Netflix are airing on Universal Kids, not to mention on the Dreamworks Channel in various markets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk