1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Could Billy Dilley be getting a second season?

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Carlos Gutierrez, May 30, 2017.

1. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Disney clearly didn't have much faith in this one, but I can't blame them, either. It's not terrible, just nothing truly special, despite having some storytelling to back it up to keep things fresh...

Then again, I haven't seen many positive opinions on this outside of here, which is a sign most aren't sold on this show like how some of us here may be.

2. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

After recording and watching every episode so far I can say this is a delightful little series and I hope it DOES get a 2nd Season.

3. fsaenz0125

fsaenz0125 Active Member

I hope so, it would be too short to cancel it after only 2 weeks

4. I.R. Shokew

The only way I can be happy with this show getting a second season is IFF (if & only if) its main character isn't portrayed as so annoying, honestly.

The other 2 main leads are fine, and the 3 do bounce off each other quite well, when Billy isn't portrayed as just being annoying, of course.

Also, the artstyle and concept are pretty damn good, as they are something different, which is what I like seeing, instead of the same old psuedo-anime crap everyone keeps pushing.

I want this show to succeed and for surreal/weird humor to not be looked down upon so much, but that can only happen when the shows that employ it are doing their damndest to actually be good - something I don't feel this show has grasped so far, hence why it doesn't shock me that it's on the chopping block so early.

5. Carlos Gutierrez

I really want Disney and Aaron Springer to do a second season of "Billy Dilley's Super-Duper Subterranean Summer" immediately!!!

6. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for a second season too, but it's not going to happen immediately.

7. Chevistian C

Chevistian C Member

Good News Accordding to this Instagram post Season 1 was wrapped up meaning that they maybe are working in a second season

8. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Usually most cartoons take a year or so to prepare for a second season, I hope they didn't just barely finish producing the last Season 1 episode that would be really hectic for something like that to happen knowing the show nearly ends Season 1 in a few weeks.

9. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

I don't know if it's going to happen or not.

10. I.R. Shokew

I gotta be honest, I haven't been keeping up... I guess this show just ain't for me like other shows on DXD I won't mention here, but find to be better, IMHO of course, are, honestly.

However, hearing that this is getting a 2nd season is something I'm glad to see people are excited for, which is nice. Hopefully they'll fix some of the problems I have with it, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Take care and to those yearning for a 2nd season, be thankful DXD has heard your prayers for it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JHagaman

JHagaman New Member

Have only watched a couple episodes, but would hate to see the show get cancelled so soon!

12. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Wait, it's getting a second season? Where did you hear that? I don't think that was actually mentioned in this thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I.R. Shokew

Yeah... I may have exaggerated there, but I can tell there's at least one more season of material buried deep within this effort - and DXD wouldn't be in the right to pass it up. Hopefully they won't, either - just to give this channel continued variety.

• Agree Agree x 1