1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Coolest (Temporary) Personality Changes in Cartoons

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by ShadowBlinky, Sep 8, 2017.

1. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky Never A Good Bot

For me it's a toss-up between when Gruffi Gummi (with a spell from Zummi) turned from super polite when he heard "Please" to sadistic when he was told "Thank you" ("Sweet & Sour Gruffi"), and when Bubba Duck turned into a genius thanks to a gizmo from Gyro ("Bubba's Big Brainstorm").
    It's neat seeing how Gruffi would be if he was nice all the time. And it's entertaining to see a Gummi Bear turn into a destructive psycho. Of course, there was no replacing the old Gruffi.
    Genius Bubba Duck was such a turnaround from regular Bubba; Frank Welker performed his intelligent voice marvelously. I was close to wishing Bubba would stay like that, but I knew overall it was for the better that he changed back, especially since he forgot his survival instinct.