1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest Writer's Corner CONTEST: Batman - Dark Knight Adventures WRITE-OFF! (UPDATED 10/3)

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by The Flash, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Batman's Biggest Fan

I sent mine in and if it wins I'll be surprised as I've never won a contest before. Online or otherwise, but if it doesn't it doesn't, but that doesn't mean I won't try to write a story for this comic one day.

2. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

The deadline is by the end of the 15th, right? OK, sweet...I'll have my outline typed up by midnight of the 14th (Pacific Time). :)

*IS EXCITED*

-Tim

EDIT: Consider it sent!

3. The Flash

The Flash Fastest Man Alive

CONTEST NEWS

[​IMG]

As we all know, entry submission for our Write-Off Story Contest are now closed! The Dark Knight Adventures team has narrowed down all entries to just four finalists! The process was a long one, as nearly 20 quality entires were submitted and carefully read. Thus far, the four best fitting the Batman - Dark Knight Adventures premise were choosen! The Four Finalists will be announced on October 3, 2004!

Remember, the winning entry will be announced on October 10, 2004! The winners entry will be featured in an upcoming issue of Batman - Dark Knight Adventures.

4. TimTwoFace

Oooo, I can't wait. Thanks for the update, Flesh Gordon! :)

-Tim

5. The Flash

CONTEST NEWS

[​IMG]

Finalists are... (in order of arival)

Roger Smith (Somedayscharm)
    V. Moore (Bic)
    Chris Matz (Reirden)
    Tim Leighton (Tim Two-Face)

We would like to send a big thank you to everybody who took their time to write a story and enter it. We had to screen through a lot of good stories. In the end the best ones that fit our book were picked. The FINAL winner will be announced one week from today! October 10, 2004!

6. TimTwoFace

Whooo! I made the short list. :D

Congrats to all my cohorts that made it this far, too. May the best man win, peoples. :)

*HANDSHAKES ALL AROUND*

-Tim

7. theRedDeath

theRedDeath Guest

I have to say, I hate to be a sore loser and all, but man......I'm really disappointed my story wasn't chosen. I thought it was really good. Of course I would....I wrote it. It was a story where Batman is so consumed by his own quest for vengeance, it accidentally causes the death of a child. So Batman learns that the true purpose of his mission was not to punish the guilty, but defend the innocent. I thought it was great, but I guess it wasn't the best.

Congrats to those who were chosen though. I'm just upset that I didn't make the cut, not that yours was chosen over mine. I'm sure it's well deserved. I look forward to seeing the story that wins.

8. The Flash

I had company stay over an extra day, so my homework got pushed back. Homework has priority over anything to do with the website, so there is a slight delay with the final results. I want to do this up correctly, not a quick slop job. My apologies.

Final results should be up around noon ET time, tomorrow afternoon! (10/11/04)

9. Amit_S

Amit_S New Member

Last entry- 2004??!!
    Is there any version of this still going on? Perhaps not as a contest but just groups of people practicing together?