"Community" Season Three Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by The Penguin, Sep 22, 2011.

1. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King! Moderator

Our favorite group of Greendale Community College Human Beings are back tonight at 8 p.m. ET with their third season. At the end of last school year, Pierce saved Greendale by winning the paintball game against City College's fake ice cream company. Then he walked out on the study group and did not come back. Community starts off a night of all-new comedy tonight on NBC.

'Like' Community on Facebook
    'Follow' Community on Twitter

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "Biology 101" - Season Premiere
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on NBC
    Season Premiere! The GCC gang reunites to find out if Pierce is coming back to Greendale. John Goodman guest stars!

Season One talkback
    Season Two talkback

NBC.com/Community

2. Tanooki

Tanooki Supplexing disease since 1982.

Pengy

Please change the title to season 3.

Thanks. :)

3. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

Lol, I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out. Can't wait for the premiere, this is the show I'm most excited to see returning this season.

4. OnePark

OnePark גורל

Glee homage opening, great! So far so good!

Pierce is back, with a haircut and a new state of mind.

Abed missing Cougartown (and his new obsession with Cougarton Abbey) has been funny. His shrill is the funniest bit.

John Goodman - grey as always. He is pretty intimidating, especially if your the dean. It's obvious he was brought in to link the Dean with the group more (he will probably ask for help to get rid of him further down the season). Wow, he shaved the Dean - I was liking the new look, he looked way more serious.

Chang is still crazy as ever and almost got himself and Jeff killed. "MONKEY GAS!!"

Doctor Wh- I mean, Inspector Spacetime! Wow, Harmon's working on these parodies.

It's nice to see Jeff struggle to fit into the group, when the group usually struggles to fit into his world. And he almost dropped an F-bomb. I'd actually say he is showing a mix of Pierce and Chang.

...And Pierce is seen in bad terms again - time for Jeff to clean it up. Pierce actually is improving as a character.

Starburns wanting to cook meth made lol. Now Jeff's back in.

Britta, the one who needs the most therapy (most of the cast does lol) wants to be a psychiatrist! Oh, and Sheriff Ben Chang now walks the halls. This has the makings of greatness, I tell ya!

All in all, a good opener - probably a bit stronger than season two, but they were both good. It confronted most of the issues we were left with at the end of last season, but I have to ask: was it solved too quickly? Maybe. However, this show usually moves at a fast pace with most issues within the group (unless they have to take a while, like Shirley's pregnancy).

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2011
  5. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Hilarious, Inspector Spacetime was my favorite bit, with the musical opening coming in second. Anybody remember what the fake Dalek said? I feel like it was "EVAPORATE" but I'm not sure...

6. Tanooki

Tanooki Supplexing disease since 1982.

That was awesome. I only started to watch Breaking Bad on Netflix so I laughed pretty good at Starburn's ("It's actually Alex.") interaction with bio prof.

It's good that they brought in a couple of serious characters (Goodman and bio prof) in order to weigh down the seriousness. Better not cut into John Oliver's screentime, though. Guy had me rolling in season 2.

7. Chaos Yoshi Mage

I would love to see more Jon Oliver, too. He's one of the reasons I got into the show in the first place.

8. Superpan

Superpan New Member

Glad to have it back! While not one of its strongest efforts, I loved seeing the character's issues explored....though was it me or did everyone seem brighter?

Also, this episode was filled with Kubrick references. Is this gonna be a thing now for culture?

9. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword! Moderator

At last, NBC Thursday! Now the fall season has officially begun for me.

I've watched the opener three times already. You sure it's supposed to be spoofing Glee? Nobody flies on Glee (yet).

10. OnePark

OnePark גורל

It's either that or musicals in general, and the crew stated in the first season DVD they like to pole fun at show that share their timeslot and specifically Glee.

11. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney! Moderator

The surprise musical opening gave me a Drew Carey Show flashback.

Jeff has gone nuts, but who wouldn't be nuts after being hit my monkey gas?

I was wondering if Pierce would really be back after he left last year. Not only back, but actually somewhat improved. Thanks to lasers.

I got really sick of Chang last year. What was the point of having him be a group want-a-be? That's already Pierce's territory. Maybe giving him some authority again will improve his part, but I've already had enough of him.

The Dean actually took his job seriously, and failed worse then ever. For a while I was wondering if the monkey gas would get rid of John Goodman.

And everyone drinking hemlock, now that's no Hollywood way to end a series. :eek::eek::eek::eek::ack::eek:
    I hope we see more Spacetime Inspector bits.

Yeah, I also want to see more Jon Oliver. He was in the first scene of the first show, then he disappeared. I feel like they used him to trick me into watching this awesome show. :confused:

12. Peter Paltridge

13. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Inspector Spacetime is going to have an entire fake history written up by the time the next Community episodes mentions it and totally retcons all the web stuff. I want Inspector Spacetime to be a real thing now, all I have is the lame rip-off...

EDIT: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InspectorSpacetime There's a TV Tropes page too, must avoid, better things to do with time...

14. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King! Moderator

"Geography of Global Conflict" September 29, 2011

New Community tonight at 8 p.m. ET on NBC.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "Geography of Global Conflict"
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on NBC
    A Model UN competition introduces Annie to a new frenemy, while Britta goes head to head with Campus Security Officer Chang!

15. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney! Moderator

Finally, Chang we can believe in.
    He had some motivation that was remotely understandable.
    Mismatched Lionel Richie music to pretest busting makes for weirdness.

Win by pointless jester and interdimensional travel.

16. Chaos Yoshi Mage

I don't know why I thought the moderator shouting "North Korea" was so funny, but I did...

17. O-chan

O-chan Active Member

I just love that the whole Jeff and Annie sexual tension was not just swept under the rub. It seems that now the Jeff and Brita dynamic has played out something may come of this pairing this season. I love when Jeff said "You're acting like a school girl, and not in a sexy way!" outburst. That was just awkward...in a good funy way.

O-chan

18. Peter Paltridge

Ahh, that was deliciously good. The Britta subplot I didn't understand, though.

I'm also relieved they're continuing the Jeff/Annie teases; that pair works so much better than Jeff/Britta. That line in the season-opening song sounded like the staff was implying "we know you want it, and forget it," but apparently not.

19. Chaos Yoshi Mage

She's growing up and has to put aside her "rebellious" streak behind her. However, like many people growing up she doesn't want to put her past aside. But, you probably knew that, lol. I can't really explain it any better.

I'm also in the Jeff/Annie camp.

20. OnePark

OnePark גורל

The Britta subplot basically sums her up as a character: She wants to be rebellious, for the sake if being rebellious. She doesn't care about the backing. She WANTS to be one of the people are brutalized by authority figures (in this case, Chang). Chang was thrown in because now he has a purpose to be crazy again - to counteract Britta's crazy (but it ends up making them both look crazier). It was a funny, akward subplot that I hope continues.

As for Jeff/Annie: That's the coupling I've always supported, aside from Pierce/Britta.