1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Comic Book Quiz Game

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Storm, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Storm

Storm Active Member

Hello people of Toon Zone I thought that we needed a game for this message board so I decide to create one. This here is called "The Comic Book Quiz Game".

RULES:

1) If a question goes unanswered or is guessed incorrectly for more than 24 hours, then the original person who asked that question can post a follow-up hint, or he/she can just reveal the answer and post a new question.

2) If a person guesses the correct answer, they have the honor of asking the next question. If they do not respond with a new question within 24 hours, then the next question is up for grabs. (Either by the thread starter, a moderator or whoever feels like it.)

3) If a person guesses the correct answer but cannot think of a new question to ask, he/she does not have to post a new question. They can forfeit their turn to another poster if they feel like it.

For example:

Q: What is Black Canary's real hair color???

A: Black (Black Canary wears a blond colored wig when fighting crime to keep here heroine persona a secret.)

Note to posters don't use the example as a question.

You can use any comic universe, comic character, comic genre, and any comic book era for a question.

Got it??? Good.

Let the games begin:

Q: Who was the first black male hero and female hero in comic book history????

#1 Storm, Dec 27, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2002
  2. Cyber E.

Cyber E. Active Member

Since I am not that much into the real past of Black Superheroes my guesses would be John Stewart & Orara Monroe? It is just a guess.

3. Storm

Storm Active Member

50/50. You have part of the question right. Next poster must answer this question correctly.

Hint: They are both Marvel Comics Characters.

#3 Storm, Dec 27, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2002
  4. Marc

Marc Friend from another star?

I'll take a guess:

Marvel's first black character was a soldier who appeared during WWII named "Whitewash", although he was an awful sterotype and the less said about him the better. I believe Marvel's first black "superhero" was the Black Panther, who was introduced during the mid-60's. As for females, I think it may be Storm.

- Cap

5. Storm

Storm Active Member

Correct :)

CaptainInfinity you may proceed by asking a question of your choice.

6. Marc

Thanks storm1288!

QUESTION: Back during the early 90's, when the Fantastic Four were "unavailable", which four unlikely heroes banded together to become the temporary "Fantastic Four"?

On a side note, I really like this quiz idea storm. Shall we impose some guidelines, like if someone guesses the correct answer but doesn't respond with a new question within 24hrs, then the next question is up for grabs? Just an idea so the thread doesn't die out if someone is away from their computer for a few days. I know that's how the Star Wars quote/quizzes are set up.

- Cap

7. Storm

Storm Active Member

That's a great idea. I'm going to add that in the rules right now.

Anyway back to the game!!!!

The QUESTION: Back during the early 90's, when the Fantastic Four were "unavailable", which four unlikely heroes banded together to become the temporary "Fantastic Four"?

#7 Storm, Dec 27, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2002
  8. Dee

Dee What?

LOL id ask a question but no one would get it because it's from the original B & W MIB comics by Lowell Cunningham.

9. Reed Richards

Reed Richards Mr. Fantastic

you picked this one JUST for me as they are easily one of my favourite teams ever

The NEW Fantastic Four-- Spiderman, Hulk (gray) Wolverine and Ghost Rider.

1st appearance: Fan4 issue 347

Reason assembled: a skrull impersonating Sue Richards assembled them to fight against Mole Man's monsters. She told them that the rest of the Fan4 were dead.

For the record: this team ROCKED-- the writers REALLY nailed the dialogue and interaction between the heroes. As much as I can dislike Wolverine at times, he was RIGHT at home with the wise-cracking spidey, sarcastic Hulk and grim Ghost Rider.

now for MY question:

In Marvel Comics "Secret Wars I" whom does Spider-Man return to Earth with? (no, the answer is not his alien costume)

10. Marc

You are correct, Reed! I loved those issues. Arthur Adams rocks! The next question is yours.

I thought of some more “rules”, storm1288. This is your thread and I don’t want to step on your toes, but I thought this would make it more official and easier for new members to understand. Feel free to ignore me if you want. ;)

RULES:

1) If a question goes unanswered or is guessed incorrectly for more than 24 hours, then the original person who asked that question can post a follow-up hint, or he/she can just reveal the answer and post a new question.

2) If a person guesses the correct answer, they have the honor of asking the next question. If they do not respond with a new question within 24 hours, then the next question is up for grabs. (Either by the thread starter, a moderator or whoever feels like it.)

3) If a person guesses the correct answer but cannot think of a new question to ask, he/she does not have to post a new question. They can forfeit their turn to another poster if they feel like it.

These are just a few ideas to keep the game fun and interesting. I’m really just “borrowing” them from other trivia quizzes here at Toonzone. Let me know what you think.

- Cap

Here's Reed's question:
    QUESTION: In Marvel Comics "Secret Wars I" whom does Spider-Man return to Earth with? (no, the answer is not his alien costume)

11. Storm

Storm Active Member

Thanks CI I already added them in the rules :D

Thanks for the help CaptainInfinity :)

Anyway back to the question: In Marvel Comics "Secret Wars I" whom does Spider-Man return to Earth with? (no, the answer is not his alien costume)

12. Cyber E.

Cyber E. Active Member

Spider-Woman

@_@??

13. tony

tony Member

Q:In Marvel Comics "Secret Wars I" whom does Spider-Man return to Earth with?

A: Hulk, Magneto, Spider-Woman, and Dr. Curt Connors/Lizard

14. tony

tony Member

I am pretty sure I am right sonce i have the series, here goes my question

Q: What planet are the aliens from that are attacking Marvel's Killraven Earth?

15. Reed Richards

Reed Richards Mr. Fantastic

yup you got it right

and i have NO idea on your question :)

16. Marc

Mars?

17. Storm

Storm Active Member

CaptainInfinity you are correct I did some reseach and I think "Mars" is the correct answer. You may ask a question now.

18. Storm

Storm Active Member

CaptainInfinity if you don't mind I have a question already I'm going to take your turn. Hope you don't mind :)

Question: After Colossus and Kitty called the quits who was the second major lover in Shadowcat's life????

19. Cyber E.

Cyber E. Active Member

Question: After Colossus and Kitty called the quits who was the second major lover in Shadowcat's life????

Answer: Pete Wisdom?

20. tony

tony Member

Mars was the correct answer i dont know the answer to your's storm i'm clurless