1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Comcast, Roy Disney vs. Eisner News/Discussion

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by SSJPabs, Feb 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDWeil

JDWeil Active Member

This is one for your ears. If you can listen in:

2. tucsoncoyote

tucsoncoyote Time to get my "Game face" on

237 Million 800 Thousand Ways for Disney to Have a Green Ogre Heart Attack

Alright Folks It's Monday (I know it's a Holiday) but the Box Office Numbers are in.. and in just 10 Days the Big Green Ogre and the Talking Donkey have done what The Walt Disney Company has failed to do in the last 8 years...

Have a Blockbuster on it's hands..

Dreamwork SKG's Shrek 2 is showing Disney that with the Proper Medium (namely 3D animation), Good Writing, and Great Voice Actors, what it's like to turn over a Film in Record Numbers..

Shrek 2 in the Last 10 days alone has been on each day Averaging about a Totaly of 24 Million Dollars and that's not Counting the Gingerbread.

At this rate Shrek 2 Could Easily surpass Disney's Last Blockbuster (The Lion King) in as little as 15-21 days.. Easily...

So I'm just wondering what the Shareholders are going to ask Mr. Eisner when they meet with him on Wednesday.. and Perhaps they will ask questions like this:

Why is it that your company created a 2D animated Movie that cost the company 90 Million Dollars to produce and yet had a Total Box Office return of Less than 45 Million Dollars?

Or How about this one?

Why is it that your company's subsidiary (Touchstone Pictures) created a 98 Million Dollare movie and it's total Box Office Gross was just 20 Million?

or how aobut the coup de Grace...

Why is it that since September 2003, The Company has Cranked out 15 films, totaling the company well over 500 Million dollars and yet the total Box Office return on all of these is less then 40%?

I think that last one would be a real shock to Eisner and His Bean counters..
    after all wasn't it the Chief Financial Officer of the Walt Disney Company stated that This year Disney would turn over a Profit of 40%?

Frankly I would love to hear what Eisner Has to say.. Oh wait we can.. I'll have details about that in an Upcoming post..

But all I have to say is.. Never Bet on the Mouse, cause the Ogre will have him for Lunch!:D (Anyone up for Mouse Stew?)

:coyote:

3. Paul_Cousins

Paul_Cousins Active Member

If you want to know about Eisner's 'bean counters', or I should say 'strategic planners', SaveDisney.com has a great article on them: http://www.savedisney.com/news/essays/rd052704.1.asp

4. tucsoncoyote

tucsoncoyote Time to get my "Game face" on

Been There done that Got the Lack of Creativity T Shirt

Acutally Paul, I've been there done, that gotten the T-shrt you could say.. Disney's Strategic Planning (Strat-Plan) is perhaps the worse you can imagine right now.. cause all of it revolves around one thing.. Money.. or how much money can Dinsey lose..

Frankly it's funny cause come Wednesday Eisner and some of the Board are going up to talk to some shareholders about this and in fact those questions I asked really make me wonder.. Are the Shareholders sheep?

cause if they are they are really being Fleeced here (Pardon the pun..) and in fact they are getting the Wool pulled over their Eyes!

but hey if they want to lose their Shirts.. then let the Investors do so.. after all Start Plan hasn't been working for the last 8 years at Disney and it makes you wonder what is the Real Agenda here..

:coyote:

5. Paul_Cousins

Paul_Cousins Active Member

Strategic Planning never works because at it's very core, it is the belief that those in a company that are being creative and productive CANNOT do their jobs; this lack of faith and trust in the employees of the Disney Company is the very reason for the downfall of Disney under Einser.

6. shogunthethird

shogunthethird Monk-daddy

apparently Strat-planning's clear-cutting approach to business has left them unable to see the forest for the trees and when the time comes, as Paul Bunyan would say* ahem*

TIM-BERRRRRRRR!

and we can only hope that particular log gets dropped with them either on it or under it

7. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This thread is being locked, since it's rather old, and long. A new thread is being created, along with a new policy here at the Disney Animation forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.