1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Comcast, Roy Disney vs. Eisner News/Discussion

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by SSJPabs, Feb 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul_Cousins

Paul_Cousins Active Member

That is simple, it is already known that Eisner and his board are control freaks.

2. tucsoncoyote

tucsoncoyote Time to get my "Game face" on

D-Day for Disney with the Pension Fund Holders. (Part 2) They Actually Listened???!!!

Comments on this are welcome but Here's the Story...

Apparently having George Mitchell might be a good thing.. after today's Meeting with the Shareholders who control 2% of the Disney stock, (The State Fund Pensioneers) it appears that Disney might be on the Road to change..

Now the interesting thing is that even though Eisner wasn't at the board Meeting (Mutters: The coward!) the Disney board did dodge a larger bullet..

the article went on to state that if the No Confidence vote had gone on for another 30 Days Longer (and the Annual Share holder meeting had been held in April, that 45.4% No confidence vote Could have been as High as 50% + 1 Vote (the Majority)

but unless Disney starts taking action fast, you can bet that Next year that prediction could come true..

but then again if Disney did Listen Actively to sooth the shareholders and got Rid of Eisner as soon as possible then maybe the stock prices (which today after the meeting finished lower) would take off in a Positive Direction..but I'm thinking there is something Else (unmentioed) going on here..

Your thoughts on this?

:coyote:

3. Paul_Cousins

Can Disney actually survive another year under Eisner and his board. I am serious, the way everything is looking at Disney right now, it may go bankrupt and/or get bought-out before next April's vote.

4. tucsoncoyote

Eisner in Hiding? That's interesting in itself..

That's what I am thinking as well Paul, and maybe if it does who knows? Maybe we can get the Creators of our Favorite shows (Gargoyles and Kim Possible) to buy out those Characters and Continue these series under their Own Logos (and not the Disney Brand..) After all if you looked at what I posted Earlier, it's that Lack of Not Paying Royalties that's going to Finally do Disney in here, not anything else. Also another question comes to mind here

What about this Summer? After all Disney has only Around the World in 80 Days (with Jackie Chan as Passpartou) and no animated films in their Midst. Also what about Summer Theme park Attendance, Already Gas Prices are up to $2.50 a Gallon and I highly doubt Attendance will improve now that Disney has increased Adult and Children Fares, by as much as $2.75...

so that's my spin on this.. at least today Mitchell made a comment that Eisner might be out by next Year.. I think part of this is a Double Barreld attack by both the Dissenters of Roy Disney and Stanley Gold's Group and of course the State Pension Fund Shareholders.. which means Eisner could be on his way out and without much fanfare..

But do you notice that Eisner (the Coward) never even went in front of these People to answer Questions? (He's Keeping a Low Profile here, and for Good Reason..maybe he's contemplating resigning but most Likely not..

At least we can watch this summer while Disney goes south..

5. Paul_Cousins

1. That is what I am hoping for.

2. Considering how Eisner and his board are so paranoid about Disney's own copyrighted material, the irony does not escape me.

6. ToOn~g@l

ToOn~g@l Just singin' the blues

I can't believe this, I was hoping he would leave today and everything. Plus I planned on celebrating his firing while I'm in Maryland, well kinda, I'm actually celebrating my cousins graduation but close enough. Man what is their problem, it reminds me of the recount back in 2000 where we had to wait so long to find out who wins.

Well I hope the next meeting turns out good. Or like you said Tucsoncoyote that Eisner should just retire and leave.
    And where was Roy when this all happened, is he planning on doing anything about it?

7. tucsoncoyote

Going under the Microscope into Wonderland

Acutally yes he is Eisnerenemy, and in fact Roy's approach was laid out by Stanley Gold just 2 weeks ago.. if The Walt Disney Company board members don't start talking nicely to the shareholders, well let's just say Roy's Phase 2 Calls for a Presentation to the Board in 2005 (at the Next Annual Meeting) of a New List of board members..(that's right.. talk about wiping out the whole of the Board.. get a Clean slate.. and Start ALL over again..)

so that's what Roy is doing

Now as for the Board itself, they offered a Statement today and I really wonder how much of this is Fertilizer you can spread on the ground that was Deficated by a Male bovine (Read as BS)

But apparently maybe they are finally wising up to the things that The Shareholders are telling them.. It's either,"You're gonna do it with US watching you over your shoulder, Disney board, or next year you're gonna find out when we hand you your pink slip" or "Let's sit down and talk, and If you don't like to talk, then you're going to still get the Pink Slip..

In short the shareholders at this point are considering to put in a "Watchdog Group" of Whistle-blowers who if they find anythig wrong with the Peerformance of Disney they call up the Shareholders and tell them and then these Grievances are brought up at the quarterly financial meetings..

in Essence Thanks to Eisner's Stupidity and Not willing to Step down, He's Not Only Jeopardized his job now, but every last Member of the board..(Seriously!)

so now you can bet The Dsney Company is truly going to get paranoid, now that they are being analyzed under the proverbial "Microscope" as you would say..

so let's face facts.. Eisner might be relieved soon enough, or he might hang around longer then we figure. but either way, thanks ot his Non Resignation on 3 March, He just put 13 People's Lives on Permanent Hold, while each and Every watchdog group will now be asking questions and demanding answers about performance.. after which if they (The Watchdogs) do get acceptable answers, will Ignore the Issue, else they'll report it.. and believe me.. Eisner has just made the whole board's Life a Living heck now..

Nuff said,

8. tucsoncoyote

What is the sound of One Head Slamming against a Desk?

Alright I decided to put this here, after all This will Teach Mr. Eisner Not to get rid of Good Talent..(Especially Guys Like Jefferey Katzenberg)

Seems this weekend, Shrek 2 has show Disney HOW to do animation correctly, with Fun Animation (Even though it's 3D) and quality writing..

after all in just the first 5 DAYS alone.. This movie has earned over 100 Million Dollars..

It's also the First Movie to be seen in over 4000 Theaters too.

So what makes Shrek 2 Work? Easy.. It's the Dynamics, and the quality animation here.. and to think Michael Eisner let this guy go, what? 7 years ago?

I can hear the head of Michael Eisner Slamming against the top of his Desk.. and he's probably kicking himself as well for Letting Katzenberg go.. after all think about it.. If Katzenberg hadn't decided to Leave Disney (and along with Spielberg and Gelfen created Dreamworks SKG), do you guys think Shrek and Shrek 2 would have been a Disney Staple?

Your Thoughts?

9. shogunthethird

shogunthethird Monk-daddy

Dear Mr. Eisner,

your approach to buisness reminds me of someone, now who was it? ah yes, Marie Antoinette, do yourself a favor and invest in a chainmail turtleneck

Sincerely,

the "honorable" Judge Claude Frollo

10. tucsoncoyote

Fresh off Today's Business wire... ToonTown Online goes UK..

Here's a New story.. Seems the only thing that's really Working at Disney, is Disney's cute little Game.. Toontown online.. and in today's Business wire report, seems that The next Venue is opened up.. ToonTown online has finally rolled into the British Markets..(With the Online Version going online today in the United Kingdom (Too bad it's not in the Magic Kingdom!)

but you can read the story here..

11. Yoshi72

Yoshi72 Yoshi Power!

I'm a little uneasy over the fact that Scrooge Mcduck is the cause of trouble. According the story, he accidently releases some business robots that do something terrible, I don't remember! Scrooge is my favorite character...:(. Say, can you control Scrooge in this game, please tell me

12. Yoshi72

Yoshi72 Yoshi Power!

You know what guys, never mind, I just figured out that you make your own toon, and you can't make it even close to Scrooge. Oh well!

13. Samurai Rocko

Samurai Rocko Member

Well it's official everybody
    http://animationinsider.net/modules.php?module=article&id=107

As speculated since last December, Disney does indeed have plans on creating computer animated sequels to feature film titles, previously produced by former business partner, Pixar. The overall current understanding of the situation is that Disney will go on to make sequel movies, perhaps series, of Pixar produced materials, but without Pixar. Certainly a continually interesting development for the animation industry and for the fan base of animation as a whole; this may bring to light once again some of the questionable business practices by current Disney CEO, Michael Eisner.

Curious for months fans and industry professionals alike have been wondering how much truth there has been to the rumors of Disney's plans of re-creating box office and home video smash hits as originaly produced and developed by Pixar. Certainly not to be left behind with audience's new appreciation for computer animated feature films, Disney hopes to further the success of past titles, but with its own production and devleopment and design teams.
    --Aaron H. Bynum

Eisner Confirms Disney Sequels To Pixar Hits
    "Walt Disney Company CEO Michael Eisner has confirmed earlier announcements by the House of Mouse that the studio is readying several sequels to the huge animated hits made by Pixar during the two firms' now-defunct partnership.

"Eisner let the news slip during a private meeting this week with analyst Jessica Reif Cohen of New York's Merrill Lynch, the Hollywood Reporter said Thursday.

"Although this may be good news for Disney, Reif Cohen warned in a report issued Thursday that the sequels could have an "adverse impact" on Pixar, which broke off contract extension discussions with Disney in January.

""The unproven writing and graphics quality of Disney's work with computer-guided-image animation may have an unintentional 'contagion' impact, since consumers may subconsciously associate these films as Pixar product. In addition, too many releases may fatigue CGI's scarcity value, which has created consumer intrigue for this 'event' animation format," Reif Cohen stated.

"She says that Disney would keep most of the profits from such sequels, and estimates that the company would give Pixar an 8% royalty fee.

"So far, Disney has garnered over $1 billion in cash flow from direct-to-video movies.

"Disney's rationale to producing sequels to Pixar films is that it might get something mirroring Shrek 2's success, according to Reif Cohen..."

(source: Big Cartoon Database)

It's rather sad. Disney should put money into original CGI properties instead of living off their newly made rivals. Even though I'm still pissed that they cancelled all 2D projects, I must say that Chicken Little trailer look cool. It's a shame how many souless greedy people run this company. I hope Pixar doesn't gain failure because of this, to work so hard, and to see it being jeopardized by idiotic exceutives. But hey if they ruined Walt's classics with sequels, we shouldn't be surprised. I guess In Disney eyes this is how important each animated genre is important to Disney...

1. Pixar sequels
    2. Disney own CGI films
    3. Disney outside production CGI films
    4. Disney Cheapquels (sorry if i misspelled it)
    5. 2D films

14. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

Great. Now Disney gets to screw good Pixar stories over, too. >shakes head<

15. shogunthethird

shogunthethird Monk-daddy

will this be before or after Disney buys out all the major energy concerns nationwide and builds a bunch of sun-blocking devices?

16. tucsoncoyote

and then there's this triple whammy...

Of course Hearing about Disney taking over and creating sequels to Pixar flicks is sick and wrong.. but then you got to look at this as well

First up, EuroDisney having just 30 days to survivie before it goes totally Belly up, financially

Then there's Disney's Selling off of Farenheit 9/11 to Sister Company Miramax, thant went over really well and the release date is due out sometime during this summer..(Anyone want to take bets it too will bomb?)

and then of course.. the summer movie and Travel season is Stacked up against Touchstone Picture's Raising Helen this week, with 150 Million Dollar Plus hit Shrek 2, and The newley opened The Day After Tomorrow, plus the fact that in 2 weeks Disney will try again to take some movies out with Around the World in 80 Days, (Starring Jackie Chan) and has to go up against Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and Spiderman 2.

and to think Eisner is going to be going to talk to Shareholders on Wednesday June 2nd 2004, and say all is well? I think not.. considering that Disney is also facing summer travel prices approachig 2.50 a gallon at the pump...and the fact that this article here gives some potential credence to this issue.

add to that the fact that what Samurai Rock stated about Disney wanting to take control here.. I give Disney 6-9 months at best before it too takes a major hit, and the shareholders are going to really wise up..

(So anyone want to buy the Brooklyn Bridge?)

17. Paul_Cousins

Let me get this straight, Disney is going to create cheap sequels to series and movies of successful projects, but Disney is going to cut out the creators of those projects, that made those project successful in the first place.

Disney has done this before, it was called "The Goliath Chronicles" and we all remember how well that went over with the fans and the ratings. :rolleyes:

18. tucsoncoyote

Yep and odds are they are going to do that and not give a Naked Mole Rat's hiney a second Thought either Paul, after all this is so much typically currently Disney... axe the creators of the project (namely Pixar) then turn around and like the hypocrites they are, do a cheap unbuffed version of Toy Story 3 and Monsters Inc 2.

and also it's funny cause the thing is that I'm not too happy about the fact that they are doing this just to spite pixar.. and yet like I said last week when Shrek 2 Opened, it wasn't surprise to see Eisner pounding hsi head against his desk as he now probably regrets getting rid of Jeff Katzenberg (of SKG) as I recall Universal in the first six months of this year have had hit after hit while disney is having miss after miss..

(I'll try to dig up this article on the actual subject.. but Universal/Dreamworks (SKG) is burning up the box office, and where is Disney in all this? sleeping in the house of mouse..

19. tucsoncoyote

The sound of One head Banging.. or is that a CEO's Head i hear bouncing?

Alright here is what I was looking for.. (and I intially found this over at www.savedisney.com but the article says it all

Has Shrek 2 Put the final Nail in Disney's Coffin?

Anyone want to speculate about this?..

as i continue to hear the pounding head of Mr. Eisner as he's saying

WHY? WHY? WHY?

But I'm not giving him any Tylenol..(Not unless it's laced with cyanide..)

20. Paul_Cousins

At least we know where most of Disney animation talent went when the heads of Disney ran them off. ;)

I look forward to seeing Shrek 2 when it comes to video, (I have a tight budget right now). :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.