1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Comcast, Roy Disney vs. Eisner News/Discussion

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by SSJPabs, Feb 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDWeil

JDWeil Active Member

This is from an ad/announcement currently running in weekly Variety:

Rupert Murdoch Howard Stringer
    ceo, Newscorp. ceo, Sony America

Richard D. Parsons Bob C. Wright
    ceo. Time Warner ceo, NBC

Harvey Weinstein Bob Weinstein
    Co-Chairman, Miramax Co-Chairman, Miramax

Cordially invite you to join them in honoring
    Michael D. Eisner
    ceo, Walt Disney Co.

Recipient of the

Steven J. Ross
    Humanitarian Award

Thursday, May 20th, 2004

6:30 PM
    The Waldorf-Astoria
    Park Ave. at 50th St.
    New York City

Black Tie
    Dietary Laws Observed

For reservations, please contact
    Steven Singer, at 1.212.836.1452 or
    singer@ujafedny.org

Mother told me there'd be days like this.

2. tucsoncoyote

tucsoncoyote Time to get my "Game face" on

The Ultimate Irony..

and you know what the irony is about this JD? The Irony, is that if you read backwards through the posts in the last 2 pages..Come May 21st (the Next Day after he gets this so called "Pretigious Award" Mikey and the Board at The walt Disney Company go in front of a "Firing Squad" of Shareholders from the State Pension Retirement Funds, who are going to Grill Mikey and the Board of Disney like a bunch of Cheap hamburgers...Having to explain to the shareholders, WHAT (if anything) they are doing to get "Disney back on Track..."

Hate to say this.. The Train's Already Derailed..Cause where will Mikey be...

The Day After Tomorrow...
    (Cool Movie title Don't you think?) ​

Now that's Irony isn't it?

:coyote:

3. shogunthethird

shogunthethird Monk-daddy

Eisner getting a humanitarian award is like Joel Schumacher winning an oscar, you know something about it just doesn't add up, Ironic considering Eisner wrote the book on business ethics, I believe it was called "The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition"

4. tucsoncoyote

Eisner Out? Retired GE Execute Jack Welch In?

And speaking of Rules of Accquisition.. Mr. Eisner, Watch your Back.. Rule 212 of the Rules state, that no matter how careful you are other people are looking for your job...

Sounds silly? Well Actually that statement maybe more true then we realize..

Seems that the Dissidents of Disney (Roy Disney and Stanley Gold) have been talking to possibly putting in Now Retired GE 68 Year Old Executive Jack Welch in to Replace Eisner..

Sounds Silly Still Well Read on..

According to Forbes Magainze, Welch has been "itching to run a major company" and that he might want to run the Walt Disney Company."

Still sounds Silly? Welch is the Man who took General Electric into the Modern Age..Complete with Jet Engines and Computer information exchange..(This Guy is an innovator in his own right)..

But The Board at Disney still wants Eisner in..uh huh, that's like Writing a Termination Slip for the Whole of the Board..

But Welch hasn't only been Eyeing Disney, but Also Coca-Cola has been Eyeing Welch as well. after all Coca-Cola Doesn't have a Retirement Age..and being 68, I bet Welch still would like to Run Disney.. but not into the ground..

but we shall see as this is still in it's formative statges..

More news Later...

5. tucsoncoyote

The 119 Million Dollar Write off (on an airline???!!)

More Disney Silliness that they didn't tell you about..

Seems over at CBS Marketwatch, Disney has a Lot Riding on an Airline Company (Actually an Airline Company, and a Cargo Carrier..)

Apparently Disney has plopped 119 Million in cold hard cash into putting Advertisement for Delta Airlines (and an Additional 55 Million for Federal Express) but the main problem is with Delta.. who's been running Rough as of late and Is Contemplating potential Bankruptcy...

if what is being said here is true, Disney could have a 119 Million Dollar write off on Delta if they do go belly up.. (and this is reflected in this last quarters statements..)

so I guess Eisner's gonna get shot down.. one way or another..

6. Paul_Cousins

Paul_Cousins Active Member

Now Eisner is going to anger the Unions, he's got a death wish.

7. tucsoncoyote

The Pooh that Refused to Get "Flushed"

Oh indeed Paul, he's going to anger a lot of Folks..but again earlier this week (or the week before I had said something that now is still going on..

Namely something that's been a Monkey on Eisner's back for 13 years.. or more aptly the Bear on Eisner's Back..

That's Right Folks.. The Winnie the Pooh Case is back from the Grave.. and this time Eisner's not going to be able to flush it as easy as normal Poo(h) .

everyone looks at me and says, "Wait a minute tucsoncoyote, 2 months ago, the Case was over, Pooh was awarded to Disney right? End of Story..

well not true.. Seems that the legal wrangling of our Cute and Fluffy Honey Eater who loves to Say "oh Bother" is back again in court and the fight between the Slesinger Family (Inc.) who really own the rights to Pooh and who have been for the last 13 years been wanting The Walt Disney Company to pay them royalties. is back in action.

my only comment to this fact is this.. To the Walt Disney Company.. Pay the Darn Royalties already, complete with interest, and let the Slesingers have the bear..and to the Slesingers.. take the bear, and tell Mr. Eisner to Step down and put someone more creative into this mess. After all 13 years is a Very long time in the life of Any bear.. even if he is a toy bear..but when you're talking the 1% royalties of a bear that makes 6 Billion in revenues, 60 Million dollars in Disney's book is hardly Pocketchange..

Frankly the sillyness of Pooh and Eisner has gone on far too long.. It's time we flush both the Pooh and the Eisner down the Legal Toilet and let them figure it out..

Nuff Said,

8. SuperStantzio

SuperStantzio Member

I agree! This mess needs to be straighten out! :evil: :mad: :evil: :mad:

9. Paul_Cousins

For those wondering, Neil Cavuto on Fox News had a story on Einser and Disney earlier today, you can catch the repeat at 5:00 AM this morning; it is a thirty minute episode so I suggest and setting your VCR, unless you plan on recording Gargoyles later on tomorrow, in which case set other another VCR to record it.

10. tucsoncoyote

More Disney Insanity News.. Back to the (ABC)'s of Television..

Alright here it is again another week, another Disney Disaster ...makes you wonder what the World will be like.. The Day after Tomorrow..(Coming May 28th):D

Anyway We're back to that Fun Time on ABC, and Stephen McPherson, the new Programming Chief for ABC, just 29 Days out of the Gate, (After Susan Lynne Walked out of ABC as Chief Programmer) has now got his Hands Full.

In an Article Released today, McPherson feels that he's "being Shot out of a Cannon," and in fact has now vowed to improve Programming at ABC, by taking the network's best brands as a base for rebuilding rather than bet on a single monster hit. (Like Who wants to Be a Millionaire).

Analyest from Wall Street are starting to question if Disney (and ABC) can even Break Even in 2005, and it's not even 2 weeks into the 3rd Fiscal Quarter yet..

and then there's the question on whether McPherson who's 39, can pull this off...

McPherson was thrust into the fire before he could develop a long-term strategy, McPherson said one of his first steps was to rely on ABC's stronger prime-time nights -- Tuesday and Friday -- to introduce its only two new comedies for next season.

That's it.. 2 NEW shows and nothing more..(That says a Lot Disney, like you have a Creative Streak a Mile long and 10 Miles wide..)

after all you got to start somewhere.. and again I think Shogunthethird's Analogy from a month ago is correct..(Let's Rearrange the Deck chairs on the Titanic.. after all it's just a Matter of time before ABC just Rolls over and dies..from Embarassment..

ah well, C'est La Vie..

11. tucsoncoyote

More News on the (ABC)'s of Programming Comedy out, Drama In.

In my last Post, I commented on the fact that ABC will have only 2 Comedies this season.. They're also Planning to cancel at least four old ones..

and what is it that ABC is planning..

Drama...

That's right Drama....

You think it will work? Well here's an article that tells it like it is.

Believe me Comedy is out Drama and Reality shows are in..and Frankly IMHO, this will probably not work. Why?

It's more of that "Quick Fix" Mentality that ABC has been spouting..and I think it's been spreading to other channels Owned by Disney as well, after all if They're going to replace Comedy with Drama, then You can Bet that Lilo and Stitch won't be around next year either, Especially now that there's talk about Cancelling the afforementioned show, and Probably not Kim Possible, as this show has left fans in the Dark wondering if there will Be a Season 3.

That's what Irks me the most.. the Lack of Consistency in keeping Good Quality Programming and replacing it with "The Quick Fix".. after all this is one idea that as Kim Possible would say, Is So NOT the Drama..

after all this just hastens the effect that Disney could be setting itself up for the Fall Come 2005.. and when that happens, we'll all know about it..

12. shogunthethird

Okay, I used to think Eisner was just stupid, now I think he should wear a helmet and be kept away from sharp objects

13. tucsoncoyote

Good one!

Like Pointy sticks Eh Shogun?

Also if he decides to Wear a Helmet, maybe he should be wearing the one from the Movie Spaceb8lls you know the one that Rick Moranis wore..(Lord Dark Helmet!)

but yep that's the size of it..now if we can only keep his hands out of Pooh's Hunny Jar..:D Life would be good..

14. Paul_Cousins

Eisner does not deserve the "Dark Helmet", he deserves only the Cream White Spaceballs helmet.

15. tucsoncoyote

Does that include the Cream white "Reversible Jacket" ?

16. Paul_Cousins

What are colors on the outside and the inside of the "Reversible Jacket"?

17. shogunthethird

okay straight-jacket...check
    special helmet....check
    now all we need is a Hannibal Lechter muzzle and a call to those nice young men in their clean white coats and THEY'RE COMING TO TAKE HIM AWAY HA-HAAAAAAA!

18. tucsoncoyote

New Topic... Why is Disney Being Like the Military???(So many Secrets..)

Alright Now I've got a good question for the group and perhaps maybe one of the Disney Regulars can help me answer it..

It's funny that this thread is indeed about Disney but my question is this..

Why is The Walt Disney Company with Michael Eisner, Being so darn Secretive about not releasing show information.. after all this can be very destructive in it's own right..

Case in Point.. Disney really hasn't as much announced it's fall line up, and ABC Kids as well know is going to be cutting back to 3 hours a weekend..yet the schedule hasn't been finalized..

Now why the secrecy.. It's Like all of a Sudden The Burbank Studios has beoome Like Area 51, and nothing of Importance to the Fans is coming out!

I mean here's a Comparison.. We don't know if Lilo and Stitch is going to Run (Though fans already are saying it's cancelled.. Same sitch with Kim Possible, and the Proud Family, and Dave the Barbarian, and not even as much as hints with the New shows and Specials as well..(Phil of the Future, Zenon Z3, etc. )

Yet you go over to Marathon Animation of France, and they had a Shake up recently with their Hit Spy Show, Totally Spies! with a Couple of the Voice Actors Leaving, and yet,they advise the fans of the changes and tell who is replacing whom, without as much as blinking..

This shows you what happens in American Media circles.. Everyone is so Secretive it's like you have to have Level 6 Clearance at the Pentagon to find out what is going on with The Walt Disney Company, and yet.. other Companies aren't being as Secretive to their fans, (and I know Paul_Cousins, about Greg Weisman being open with his Own Fans of Gargoyles, After all I Do hope the show comes back!)

So why is it that Disney is being like the Military here and Being all Classified, and yet other companies are announcing Changes updates, and things that are Business as usual? Any ideas at all?

19. tucsoncoyote

D-Day for Disney with the Pension Fund Holders

Okay then this is it.. perhaps Mitchell will swallow a bullfrog on this ..

But today's the Day folks Mitchell, Eisner and the Rest of the Disney board face down the State Penion Fundholders and we're going to see which of them Blinks first.. after all the Pensioneers have the info they need to literally give Eisner and his Boys at Disney a Good tar and feathering..

but why Talk about it when you can read about it here..

as They said in Tombstone on that One Ocotber day back in 1877...

Looks Like there's gonna be a gunfight..

(Waiting for someone to Cock their Shotgun)

well we'll know by this afternoon if Disney's making Excuses or not..

20. tucsoncoyote

More Royalty Madness (or does Eisner want to be a Millionaire?)

This is where it gets downright serious now.. In an article released Yesterday, Seems that Eisner, Mitchell and the Rest of the Disney Board are NOT still wanting to pay out royalties to anyone..

and Now they've added another enemy to the list.. (it is me or is The Walt Disney Company Just being Cheap???)

First it was Winnie the Pooh then Who Framed Roger Rabbit, now, It's Regis..

Actually it the Show Creators Celador, (Who are British) of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, Who have now Added themselves to this list of Increasing People Demanding their Royalties.. and believe me this is downright serious..

In its lawsuit, Celador (The Creator of the show) accused Disney of unlawfully interfering in its joint venture with ABC and BVT by pressuring its subsidiaries to hike production costs and refusing to renegotiate licensing fees for better terms.

"In essence, Disney sits on both sides of the bargaining table in any negotiation for the production and distribution rights to the series, thereby enabling it to manipulate negotiations in any way that serves its corporate interests," the lawsuit said.

The suit also seeks to protect the rights of Lusam Music Ltd., which created the brooding theme music for "Millionaire," and claims Disney used the series music without permission in its theme park attractions. The suit seeks unspecified damages and asks a judge to order Disney and its subsidiaries to disgorge its profits from "Millionaire."

So Mr. Eisner and the Board at Disney.. Would you like to use a "LifeLine?" Or is that your final answer?:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.