CNF Talkback: Powerpuff Girls (7/16/04)

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Red, Jul 15, 2004.

?

Grade it!

1. A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. B

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. C

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  4. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Red

Red Hmm

[​IMG][​IMG]

The Powerpuff Girls: That's Not My Baby!/Simian Says

Friday, July 16, 2004

[line]4[/line]
    It's Once Again Time For a Cartoon Network Fridays Talkback

Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup! on CNF Tonight! (All Times are EST)

Time: 7:30pm

Reruns: 11:00pm

[line]5[/line]
    Synopsis

The girls save a baby from a monster; Mojo Jojo takes over for the bound and gagged narrator.

Later Tonight: New Mucha Lucha, Scooby, Billy/Mandy and Johnny Bravo

Next Week: Too Much

[line]5[/line]
    NOTES
    • The talkback got a little spruced up, a little more organized.
    • DSL Rocks
    • I'm excited for Mojo to announce.

Let's Begin!​

2. Mr. Insomnia

Mr. Insomnia Bonemeal and Earwig honey.

Not even going to review it. I mean who are we kidding? This entire season has been complete crap. But I'd just like to say...THIS EPISODE HAD THE WORST CONTINUITY ERROR EVER. Since when can monsters change genders and look the same as they had before? I blame Paul Stec.

3. Sharklady

Sharklady New Member

> Since when can monsters change genders and look the same as they had before? <

Why do you think the monster changed genders? (Fave scene in that ep: the Girls arguing about who should change the baby.)

4. wrenchien

wrenchien New Member

i'm tired tonight. will this do for a while?

uno:

immigration.. ehh heh. i guess monsters have to have papers now.

that 'mom-baby' is the strange thing..

and does anyone doubt miss keane would never marry? i guess she only loves those she's teaching.

uhhh.. i don't think babies love the mayor much.

even the woman in the shoe.. god , she's seen better days. ehm..

veggie burger!?! eeehhh.. bubbles.. ehm.

poor octy!!! my goodness...

i wish i didn't need a good night's sleep.

nothing, except veggie burger.. heh.

wow, mad dog?

it's wierd for a kid's back to be hurt that young.. even a super powered one.

aww, families.

dos:

now that's an unusual beginning.. the narrator beat up, then mojo jojo taking over?

i wonder how he got the girls to kick the professor and make the sky grey just cause he took the narrator's place?! hmm..

theft and self-destruction. the anthem of an era.

and the day is saved.. on pause for a while?

.. fair pair this week. only fair. like me , not good or great.

if i die, then let me go to texas.. ehm, scratch that.

wrenchien

5. Jerry Mouse

Jerry Mouse Chairman of Cheese

Ever think that this was a DIFFERENT monster?? Like the wife of the original monster perhaps. I mean ya gotta have both genders to get a baby monster after all!

6. Bubblegum Girl

Bubblegum Girl Magic User Wannabe

That's Not My Baby-I knew the whole time that the baby belong to that monster. IMO Baby monsters are cute. :D

Simian Says-Since when Bubbles can breath fire?(Oh sure, don't show Buttercup whipping out some new power. :rolleyes: )

7. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney! Moderator

They go through the front door, and wipe their feet.
    Yhhhhaaassss.

Saw Simian Says, one of the few I've seen of this season. I thought this one looked a little better.
    I suppose it was a cute episode.
    The Professor had a Brainiac box. .*.

8. DSRGirl

DSRGirl New Member

"That's Not My Baby"- Uh, I thought Season 6 was suppose to get rid of Sitcomy Plots like that. And why not just call it "Three Girls And A Baby?". There was nothing really good about this episode. I mean, it didn't use annoying montages or incredibley stupid and predictable misunderstanding gags or forget the girls had powers like some episodes do, but that's the only postives I can thing of: They didn't have the regular cliched negatives.

"Simian Says"- Much better episode. Although I personally felt it could of been a lot better then it was. I mean, there were a good amount of LOL moments (mainly Mojo's commands of what the Girls to do his over repetive narration, and his computer failing out on him. I mean, my computer's done that to me so many times I can't really even count) but there were a few problems I had with it.

1. So I guess Mojo is aware that there is a 4th Wall Continuity. I mean, why else would he know about the all powerful narrator? But do the girls know? They seem surprised by the ending. I mean, in another Episode Blossom did break the 4th Wall, but eh, I'm still kind of confused by that.

2. How could Mojo make the Girls and everyone do what he says? The narrator dosen't have that power. He just tells the stuff as it happens. Maybe he just created a computer simulation to do that or something.

3. Who else saw "The Wizard Of Oz" joke coming miles away when the girls saw the curtain Mojo was in?

9. Bubblegum Girl

Bubblegum Girl Magic User Wannabe

I did. I was too lazy to say anything about it. :D

10. Sharklady

Sharklady New Member

I did enjoy 'Simian Says'- it was just amusing to see Mojo composing his fantasy episode, complete with re-winds and edits. And there were plenty of funny bits; Mojo complaining about Townville's irritatingly redundant name, "Anybody can see these feet aren't designed for walking!", Mayor's Mr. Pickle action figure, the Seussian quote ("I do not like him, not one bit!"), the Girls not only entering through the door but wiping their feet, Mojo's very in-character screen saver, and of course "Control, alt, delete! Control, alt, delete!" (who among us hasn't been there?)

Stuff that good makes me inclined to forgive the too-predictable Oz ref; it's a bit harder to excuse Mojo's continuing to mischaracterize himself as a 'monkey.'

11. PaQ

PaQ Believe it!

A little good, a little bad with the pair of PPG episodes this week.
    • Once the girls had the baby, and the first lady said it wasn't hers, I knew right away it was going to be one of those, find the momma episodes. There wasn't much funny, and once all the possibilities were eliminated, it made sense that the baby would be the monsters.. Shedding out of the ugly larva stage.. "That's not my Baby" gets a C.
    • This was the better of the two, I thoroughly enjoyed Mojo being the narrator and controlling what happened in the episode. Also his thoughts were great, like the City of Townsville, being a city, town and village.. Having the girls kick the professor, who he doesn't like, and then kicking the Mayor, who finds his pickle action figure because of that was good. The ending was ok, poor Mojo messed himself up by having the girls fight each other in his lab, and his equipment got messed up.. "Control Alt Delete!" .. "Simian Says" gets a B+.

12. N310DA

N310DA Elvis Impersonator

I would call both episodes average, with "Simian Says" as the slightly better episode. Although the plot in "That's not my baby" was sitcom-like, it wasn't quite as bad as the episodes in season 5 (which wasn't horrible or great IMO). Poor Mojo and his computer freezing, he must be using Windows 98.:D