CNF Talkback: Krypto [6/17/05]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Red, Jun 17, 2005.

?

Pengins or Penguins?

1. A

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. B

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. F

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Red

Red Hmm

[​IMG][​IMG]

Krypto The Super Dog: Tusky's Tooth / When Pengins Fly
    Friday, June 17th, 2005

[line]5[/line] ​

It's Once Again Time For a CNF Talkback

Krypto, Streaky and Ace! on CNF Tonight! (All Times are EST)

Time: 8:00pm

Reruns: No FRIDAYS repeat.
    [line]5[/line] ​

Synopsis

Nada

Later Tonight: Grim
    Next Week: Billy/Mandy
    [line]5[/line] ​
    NOTES

• Going by most shows lately, this would be the season finale as its episode 26, and its not new next week.
    Let's Begin!

2. crayon

crayon New Member

what an interesting way to go if indeed it's the last of this season's episodes.

3. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

This is the season finale as it is episode 26, however they have not aired episode 25 yet . . .

I also believe they made this episode knowing Krypto would be picked up for more episoeds. No official announcement has occurred, but we all know it's going to happen.

4. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Bonehead

Tusky's Tooth: This was funnier than it had any right to be. I was glad they were going in the Tooth Fairy direction but once I saw Mechanikat's ship I groaned. Fortunately we got to see him made up in a Tooth Fairy outfit which almost made up for the umpteenth Snooky Wookums appearance (which of the producers did Snooky sleep with?) ***.

When Penguins Fly: The episodes that both Ace the Bathound AND Streaky are in are few and far between so this was a real treat. Streaky stole the show as always and I found it histerical how he kept trying out his powers after they were gone and there was no reason to think they'd actually returned. Bathound had a VERY cute moment smiling after a kitten he saved licked him. As for Waddles getting superpowers, once I learned that Starlabs was creating a device that would help Sheep shepherd themselves and bears create their own honey I realized that Starlabs has way too much time on it's hands since Emil Hamilton joined Cadmus. ****.

Average: ***1/2.

5. Kurtman

Kurtman You blabbing old fart!

I think this is the most EXCELLENT way to end the season finale! First off,Tusky Husky finally gets his moment in the spotlight. Then,Streaky kicks some major arse! This is EXACTLY how I wanted the season to end!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tusky's Tooth:I watched this episode and saw Tusky's reaction to his lost tooth. He seemed very calm and rational about the situation. Seeing Mechanikat dressed in drag as the Tooth Fairy was priceless! And in the end,Tusky Husky grew a much larger,deadlier tooth than before! I'm so happy Tusky went under the spotlight! *Sniff* Excuse me,i'm gonna cry now!
    5 Stars! (Or make that 5 MILLION!)

When Penguins Fly:This was another excellent episode. Streaky sure kicked the chuzball birds when he got his powers back! Seeing this added more happiness to my already omega-potent happiness over Tusky's Tooth!
    5 Stars! WOOHOO!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Okay.........So now because of those 2 episodes,i'm having a solo party in my room by listening to "Roam" by The B-52's!!! Weeeeeee! I'm SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2005
  6. Darking

Darking Packing Heat

This was a pretty good episode overall.

Tusky's Tooth: I was worried that this was going to be about Tusky being benched because he lost his super power for a while. Thankfully, no moping occured in the ep and he was pretty non-chalant about the whole thing. Also, baby tooth? He's a pretty big baby then. :) The animation was kinda weird during this ep. Krypto and Tusky seemed off-model in a couple of scenes. I wonder why. Also, +5 Dark Side points to Krypto for what he did with that photo.

When Penguins Fly: Waddles fulfills Opus's dream! This was an okay story. I did like how both Waddles and Streaky were using their powers in new way that Krypto hadn't seem to have thought of yet. Well, I guess it's how they're wired. I was expecting Ace to whip out some Kryptonite to stop waddles and finally end speculation on if Kryptonite would effect Streaky or not, but that didn't happen.

All in all, a pretty good ep.

7. Chris Kodiak

Chris Kodiak I sing the body electric

Good haul here tonight!

Tusky's Tooth: This had to be my favorite episode of the night. Tusky gets his 11 minutes in an episode centered around him. But if his baby tooth can survive Krypto's blast, God forbid Tusky loses his adult tooth. Bonus points for cross-dressing Mechanikat fairy (and the idea to use his new image on the wanted posters). I think Tusky looks good without his tooth (a nice, but temporary change from the usual saber-toothed husky look). I also like how his room has posters of animals sharing a similar trait--elephants, saber tooth tigers, etc.

When Pengins Fly:
    Finally, an episode with Ace, Krypto and Streaky. The idea of Waddles stealing Streaky's powers for his own gain was good. And it was really something to see Griff and Artie ditch the penguin at first and suddenly come around and respect him after he gained Streak's powers. But Streaky should have been allowed to get his revenge on the birds some more, despite giving them the super-cage-swirly-twister from hell. Perhaps Krypto was afraid it would become a vomit-comet.

8. StevenK

StevenK One cool cat

Pretty good episodes, I'd give them both a 'B.'

Tusky's Tooth
    I'm not a real big a fan of the Dog Stars but Mechanikat saved this one for me. For a guy I used to think of as a fearsome villain he certainly has a silly side. The naivete of the Dog Stars and the idea of Mechanikat dressed as the tooth fairy was enjoyable.

When Penguins Fly
    This one was okay. It was amusing to see how Waddles used super powers and kept sidetracking Krypto and Ace. Streaky had a couple of good scenes, especially the one where he kept trying to use his powers after they were gone, but he should have had better lines. At least he got a rare chance to let loose with his powers at the end and we finally got to see all three of our star heroes working together so there was no way I could dislike this episode.

9. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Bonehead

I love Opus.
    Red Kryptonite turned Streaky into a fish last week, remember?:)

10. Kurtman

Kurtman You blabbing old fart!

I'm very pleased about what Krypto did to Mechanikat with blackmailing the photo and all. The ENTIRE galaxy saw it??? That's just too good!
    (Hot Dog gasps when he sees the picture and bursts into hysterical laughter)
    Hot Dog:And I thought the cross-dressing alien picture was funny!
    Bleak #1:Oh,flapnar!
    Bleak #2:*Gasps* You said a BAD word!

11. 90'sCartoonMan

90'sCartoonMan Punch Drunk Flounder

See, that kind of bothered me. Although the tooth seemed stronger, it was still smaller than his old tooth (when on the rocket, inside his mouth it was pretty much the same size). Other than that, though, I liked it. Mechanikat as a fairy was hilarious, and I keep forgetting this is a kid's show, so they can't have Krypto saying the tooth fairy doesn't exist, just that he hasn't seen her.

And Seg, why are the lyrics to "Sister Christian" in your signature?

The second episode was one of the funniest Kryptoes. Every time Waddles tried to fly, he just looked so funny flapping his wings. Plus that scientist's stupidity (are you TRYING to mess up the food chain? It'll be animal over population if they're all defending themselves and replicating their own food!) and her over-enthusiasm was funny. And good ol' Streaky, of course.