CN Ratings Thread: Part 15

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Space Cadet, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING

Since the last one reached 500 posts, it is time to create a new talkback for CN's ratings.

2. PokemonTVDub

PokemonTVDub Member

I can't wait for the next rating for Tenkai Knights! I hope it's even higher than last week's rating!

3. ChildHood90s

ChildHood90s Loves his coffee

Responding to Wi-Fi's post in the last thread, I'd agree that the Orange is on its last legs.

Not only is Orange losing rerun slots, moved to a later slot with less promotion due to poor ratings, but Tobuscus and his dog are featured in CN commercials (not the "Daneboe's" Store Clerk). The missed opportunity to use Tobuscus's Annoying Orange character is a little telling.

4. Kool345

Kool345 Starting at 8/7c on ABC

Last week was pretty decent for Cartoon Network.

http://sonofthebronx.blogspot.com/2013/09/cartoon-network-ratings-september-16-22.html

I'm surprised at how well Pokemon and Beware the Batman did.

Cartoon Network definitely has solid hits on their hands with Regular Show, Adventure Time, Uncle Grandpa, Total Drama: All-Stars, The Amazing World of Gumball, Teen Titans Go!, and DreamWorks Dragons: Defenders of Berk. And hopefully Pokemon and Beware the Batman can at least match up those numbers. And Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs did great.

5. PhenomsServant4

PhenomsServant4 Active Member

Geez how the hell did TD lose half a million veiwers in one week!?

6. Wi-fi Calcium

Wi-fi Calcium Active Member

Regular Show killed it. It did great. Still nice to see the two freshmen series Uncle Grandpa and Teen Titans Go! dominate the reruns like that. Overall, They had a good Saturday with Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, new Pokemon, new Batman, UG, TTG! and AWOG reruns but a bad Tuesday with new All Stars and Gumball. I'm sure they're both doing well in premieres with kids although the overall viewers are down. Dragons built a lot on it's lead-in. Johnny Test and Chima are subpar yet not the worst we've seen from them, but Annoying Orange definitely deserved that schedule change.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2013
  7. Royce

Royce New Member

8. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

it surprise to me that they never mention UG on the Press Release, but good for AT and RS gating up to #1
    last week on mondays were bombing! total drama and gumball lost the night, poor mad can;t even gain veiwers as UG, RS Or AT, is, Annoying Orange is not shaping any better ether Johnny Test Isnt Good Lead But TTG is doing ok,

9. Wi-fi Calcium

They did mention UG won it's timeslot with all kids and boys demos [Pretty impressive considering Disney airs movies at 8PM now], also Total Drama won the day with boys and both shows on Tuesday won their timeslots with boys and kids 6-11 and 9-14. Good point about there being no mention of MAD, Johnny Test or Annoying Orange. Their low total viewers match the poor performance in their demos. It's probably the last season for all three.

10. TheCtes

TheCtes Active Member

Nope. Johnny Test has already been renewed.

11. Wi-fi Calcium

JT has been renewed in Canada for Season 7, but there is no evidence CN US has picked it up. However, there are still 28 episodes left this season.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2013
  12. Kool345

Kool345 Starting at 8/7c on ABC

Just because Johnny Test has been renewed in Canada doesn't mean the additional seasons will make it to the states, because when Stoked was renewed for a second season in Canada, CN USA never picked it up and aired it.

13. TheCtes

TheCtes Active Member

Well that's true. But I wouldn't be surprised if CN airs it too. Unlike Stoked, CN is quite fond of Johnny Test and it has done good for them in the past.

14. fredinandus

fredinandus New Member

Ratings - TBS Tops the Charts as Basic Cable's #1 Entertainment Network with Adults 18-49 for the Month of September | TheFutonCritic.com

Numbers for the week of September 23-29

Original Animated series Uncle Grandpa scored as the #1 program of the day (Monday) among all targeted boys, with premiere episodes of the series increasing delivery of kid demos (between 3% and 13%) and boys 2-11 & 6-11 (between 1% and 5%). Premiere episodes of the Emmy-winning Regular Show (Monday, 7:30 p.m.0) and Adventure Time (Monday, 7 p.m.) both ranked #1 in their respective time periods among boys 6-11 & 9-14, increasing average delivery by double-digits among targeted kids and boys - ranging between 10% and 40% - vs. the same time period last year.

Total Drama All-Stars (Tuesday, 7 p.m.) ranked as the #1 program of the day among all targeted boy demos, and #1 in its time period among kids 9-14 & all boys.
    Saturday morning saw average delivery increases among all kids and boys demos vs. the prior year, with Tenkai Knights (7:30 a.m.), Beyblade: Shogun Steel (8 a.m.) and Pokémon BW: Adventures in Unova (8:30 a.m.) ranking #1 in their time periods among boys 9-14.

15. Wi-fi Calcium

CN was real quick to replace Regular Show's slot with an Uncle Grandpa rerun. Those demos must be really good. I guess UG might be beating out Regular Show in the demos.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2013
  16. GPRailroad8794

GPRailroad8794 New Member

Really now? UG is in for a big time push then.

17. Wi-fi Calcium

CN's website claims RS now airs at Mondays at 7PM. I'm worried this might be more about Regular Show not doing so well rather than Uncle Grandpa doing well.

Monday Cable Ratings: ‘Monday Night Football’ Wins Night, ‘WWE Raw’, ‘Basketball Wives’, ‘T.I. & Tiny’, ‘Teen Mom 3′ & More - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers
    Ratings - Monday's Cable Ratings & Broadcast Finals: "Voice," "MNF" Still Unstoppable | TheFutonCritic.com

Adventure Time had 2.043 Million viewers that Monday [via TVbythenumbers], but Uncle Grandpa only had 1.348 Miilion viewers [via thefutoncritic]. Seeing that Regular Show is missing from the first list and the poor Uncle Grandpa lead-out, It probably didn't do so well that week. Also for those of you wondering, MAD had only 1.190 Million viewers. Bad week.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2013
  18. ChildHood90s

ChildHood90s Loves his coffee

Hm. Who knows what the real culprit is? But it makes sense for CN to shuffle around their premieres, considering the tough weeks they've been having, as well as Disney movies at 8pm. (Cheap move.)

19. TheCtes

TheCtes Active Member

Shuffling around the only thing that always worked out for them doesn't really make sense to me.

20. adyniz

adyniz Surgeon of Death