CN MOVIE TALKBACK - "Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens" - [3/23]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by {Shadow}, Mar 23, 2012.

1. {Shadow}

{Shadow} #WatchToonami - Saturdays 12:00-3:30am!

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ben 10: Destroy All Aliens
    premieres
    TONIGHT at 7:00 PM
    repeats
    SATURDAY at 11:00 AM

Tonight...
    10-year-old Ben Tennyson gets a chance to go to the Total Alien Immersion training program on the far side of the galaxy. But before he can even leave Earth’s orbit, Ben’s ship is attacked and he is sent crashing back to Earth stuck in his alien forms and battling a very hostile Mecamorph warrior.​

2. The Talon

The Talon New Member

So, I'm gonna assume that since everyone is 10 again, this is gonna be the lead-in for Ben 10: Omniverse. It's definitely nice to see the old voice cast back again. Plus, the CGI looks impressive & not so plastic-y. I'll try not to miss this tonight.

3. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

That was pretty awesome! Hearing the old cast back together and hearing Ben and Gwen argue just brought a smile to my face. Also does Gwen seem more powerful than her 15 year old self? since she was holding Ben back so easily.

4. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Since this is CGI, I am going to assume this is another alternative dimension as mention before.

So far we see Gwen able to use mana without reciting any spells like she does in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien.

5. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

Go Ben Go!

Edit: Oh snap the Omnitrix just ate his homework. Also is good to see Heatblast flying with his old animation, I find the whole heat up a rock and fly around with it to be boring.

6. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Hmm why didn't turn into a small alien like Grey Mater. Also no cameo in Julie. I think it would be funny if we saw her and Ben is like "ill kodies" and so on.

7. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

So far I am loving every second of this movie visually. Aside from Gwen's eyes looking a bit drowsy (maybe it was the lighting), the animation in the CG is very, very believable and not robotic, which I frankly is the most important thing to watch out for with any CG story. I'm not as bothered with whether the visuals look finalized enough and don't look a bit plasticy. I can understand where that criticizism comes from, but I believe that's... somewhat missing the point of animating in CG.

Also, yay! Tetrax is back!

8. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Which Azmuth will we see? The cool hermet in the original series, or the old stick in the mud in the sequel sereis.

The fact they got Megan Smith back into the fold, I wonder if she will be in the Omniverse? That series does time jumps a lot taking place in difference time periods, so hoping that 10 year old Gwen can interact with teenage Gwen just like 10 year Ben already did with our teenage gang in Ultimate Alien.

9. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

Good ole grandpa Max, picking up the strangest foods! That scene with Waybig was pretty well put together, I specially found it funny when he kicked Tetrax.

Edit: I'm hoping for original, after all this is a movie in the original series continuity. Stone Henge a Galvin practical joke? Awesome!

Okay the fights in this movie are putting every fight in Ben 10 AF and UA to shame!

Even the inside of the Omnitrix is better than the ultimatrix.

Flipping shocking! Azmuths father!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2012
  10. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC New Member

Is the evil Waybig inspired by that from the Ben 10: Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction ​video game?

11. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

Now this is how a Waybig fight with a giant should go.

12. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

Look, I'm not saying the character designs for Ben 10 Omniverse are at all bad. They're just seriously going to take some time for me to get use to since some changes in the characters seem to be just too big for me to overlook so easily.

13. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

Totally agree! some of the designs are a little on the extreme.

14. jaredstar

jaredstar New Member

I couldn't help but flinch thinking of the body count that waybig battle had

15. Dragnatek

Dragnatek New Member

I know, the way Ben looks I expect Tara's Ben voice coming out of him and not Yuri's he just looks younger among other things.

16. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Dr. Animo when we need a throw away villain for the beginning or the ending of an episode or movie, or just a B plot like in "In It's Not Easy Being Gwen", he is always there. Is there name for that type of role?

17. Blackmanba

Blackmanba New Member

I figured that when the people saw a giant 100 foot tall alien, walking towards them they evacuated! though I don't think they manage to evacuated everyone before the fight started.

Edit: I;m hoping that in the future after the whole Omniverse style is done and over with that they make a series with this type of CGI animation.

18. shoujoaifan

shoujoaifan New Member

Loved it!

I love how they kept you guessing what the hell is going on until 1/2-2/3 through. Most episodes or movies based off shows are predictable from the first 10 minutes, while this teased this as a time travel flick for awhile with even Ben thinking he was back in time at Stonehenge. A great way to keep people on they're toes with the new show coming.

The characters act exactly as they would back at that age, and the actors slide right back into role as if it hasn't been years as these characters for most of the cast. Azmuth's dad was hilarious yet sympthathetic, and while I thought it would be interesting if he was an Upgraded who adopted Azmuth, the suit was a cool invention.

19. HEATXZ

HEATXZ Duck Knght

Great Special Movie :anime:
    Nice to have the Original Cast back,Also good to see my favorite alien Upgrade:anime:
    The CGI was better than i thought it would be,The fight scenes were awesome :anime:
    I was surprised that "Downgrade" was Azmuth's Father

20. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

This was as enjoyable, if not moreso, than the original show. The animation was surprisingly good, and it had a sense of mystery because for the longest time we didn't know what the motives were for the Mechamorph, how he's Azmuth's dad, and where Azmuth is.

Though typical of Ben 10 style plotholes, The city gets obliterated and it goes completely unmentioned.