1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Classic Media should release the Jackson 5 cartoon on DVD!

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by JabarR, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Active Member

You do realize Michael was only a member of the group dont you? You also had tito, marlon, jermaine, and jackie, none of whom had any scandal attached to them.

2. JabarR

JabarR Member

I know its been 2 years, but I have to post this. Classic Media and Eagle Vision (who handles all the Universal Music stuff) should definitely put the Jackson 5 cartoon out on DVD and it should include a special option where you can watch the cartoons with the commercials the brothers made for Post cereals

[video=youtube;0vBjoduKwis]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vBjoduKwis[/video]

#22 JabarR, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
  3. Doyng

Doyng Member

I stand Corrected...

Well Jackson 5ive fans...The release is going to happen sometime next year. Here's the info from TV Shows on DVD's website. Link: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Jackson-5ive-The-Complete-Animated-Series/17658

4. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

Your previous post does have some merit, though. We still don't know if all of the songs will be intact, or if at least some of them will be replaced by sound-alikes. The article doesn't really tell us very much. It doesn't even mention Universal.

5. ClassicTVMan1981

6. MatthiasofRedwal

7. JabarR

JabarR Member

Here's the official website! A quick note: They're using QuickTime

Jackson 5ive DVD

8. Mandouga

Just saying: let's hope there aren't any "sound alike" songs on this DVD.

You see, both the Motown catalog (which includes the Jackson Five's music), and the Jackson Five name are now owned by Universal Music (the show was co-produced by either Motown or at least Berry Gordy). Some rights to the show may even be owned by Michael Jackson's estate, (and possibly even his family; and I don't mean just Jermaine, Marlon, Tito, and Jackie either...) so it's possible that they may also need their permission for at last some songs to be featured.

Or has it been confirmed that there won't be any changes (of whatever kind) to the songs?

9. MatthiasofRedwal

The sample reel on the DVD's website showed some hope

10. JabarR

JabarR Member

[video=youtube;BfWPUsZUufI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfWPUsZUufI[/video]

11. JabarR

JabarR Member

[video=youtube;wBuUBXEa_X4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBuUBXEa_X4[/video]

12. MatthiasofRedwal

The correct promotional tagline should be the first time on a home video format since it's not on VHS

13. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

For the record, Motown did co-produce the cartoon with Rankin-Bass, as it was their first television production.

14. JabarR

JabarR Member

[video]http://bcove.me/u39zcluy[/video]

15. ap75021

ap75021 Member

The complete series on DVD is available now at Walmart and other retailers. On the front is a banner saying "Contains 46 songs!" That answers that question.

16. Mandouga

Not necessarily. It just says that it has 46 songs. Any of them could be sound-alikes for all we know.

Try to understand. It wouldn't be the first time we weren't told the whole truth. When The Fugitive came to DVD a couple or so years back, it had the same "music has been changed for this home entertainment version" message others have had. Usually, this only applies when licensed songs get removed or replaced by something else. For The Fugitive, nobody could have known or guessed that it actually referred to the entire soundtrack getting changed to something remotely Fugitive-like. A lot of people were very upset that this happened, and it was quite sometime before it was re-released with the original music restored.

For this reason, while the 46 Jackson Five songs likely wouldn't all be sound-alikes, we still don't know what "46 songs" means. That being said, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Still, if any of them were sound-alikes, one could only imagine how upset (possibly even angry) Jackson Five (and Michael Jackson) fans would be...

17. MatthiasofRedwal

I have the DVD/Blu-ray Combo set and I assure you the songs in the set are the real deal
    I watched them myself to make sure ^^

18. JabarR

JabarR Member