Classic (2001-2004) ToonZone Members

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by NZ Storm-petrel, Apr 27, 2014.

1. NZ Storm-petrel

NZ Storm-petrel Pizzaland (1997)

I was looking at the Member list and I looked at the 2001-2002 members and I see so many that are Administrators & just left the site after 10+ years :( or like 2013 and haven''t been seen since, and 1 person called PennyKat (2001-2009) last posted in '05 but like logged in '09 and never explained why she left or where she went :(

Sorry, I know people have lifes but I just find it sad when historic members have left after 10 years and just disappear. Same with those in 2009-2013.

I wish I had joined in 2001, I would never have left!!! :p

but just curiousity.

- New Zealand storm-petrel (??? - 1850, 2003 - present)
    proud member since 2011! (way too late ) D:

2. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Active Member

Well I discovered the site in 2004 and been lurking in the bushes until I actually signed up in 2006 (I never had my own personal e-mail address until then). I will be hitting my 10th anniversary in 2016. Unless something drastically changes, I don't see why I wouldn't be still going to this site.

3. RandomMe

RandomMe Stave it off

I joined in late December 2012 and discovered TZ in 2005 (but didn't check the forums until a few years later), so I'm on Toonzone for more than a year. Sometimes I think of what if I joined Toonzone years ago.

4. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Active Member

I discovered World's Finest around 2004, and Marvel Animation Age around 2005: it didn't take me long to realize they were connected. I found the forums and lurked around for a few years, and joined in 2008. If you had told me in 2004 when I was looking for behind the scene stuff on The Batman that I would still be here, I wouldn't have believed it. But I'm glad I did.

5. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

Well I found this place through Jeff Harris' website CNX Toonami / The X Bridge and started posting in 2002.

I've taken "breaks" but I'm still wandering around here. Toonami is probably why though I don't do most of my Toonami talking here.

6. Cassie Star

Cassie Star New Member

I came here in 2004 and was super-active for a long time. I have not been nearly as active here in ages due to personal reasons, but this place will always be near and dear to me. I still lurk on occasion and make a seldom post here and there when I find time.

7. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

I joined in 2007 after lurking for a while. Given how dicey my time on boards tends to be, I'd have never guessed I'd still be here 7 years later. TZ is the longest I've ever been on any forum aside from The Big Cartoon Database, which sadly is now just a pale shadow of its' former self.

I don't know how frequent or regular my time on TZ will be in the coming months as I'm planning to expand my online presence to my brother and I launching our own website and online videos, a pet project that we've been nurturing for the past couple of years since we started our blog back in 2010 (which I'm much more active on right now); I'm also planning to change careers and further my education, so I may be taking the occasional break from the boards from time to time, but I could be here another 7 years. Anything's possible.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
  8. Meson

Meson _

I join in January 2002 after a year of lurking. I found the site though Jeff Harris' CNX Toonami website as well and I am proud of my time here. I haven't been around lately, but I am trying to back into it.

9. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

How long before we (2005-2008) join the rank of classic posters?
    I joined in 2007, made plenty of mistakes, decided to be more cautious making posts here.

10. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Revengeful

I think I discovered TZ in the mid 2000s, maybe 2004? I used to frequent the TV schedules and show pages to see when that show would be on (specifically remember doing so when Toonami was on Saturday nights), and usually just that. Not sure if I was aware there were forums here.

This is my 2nd username, the first one I based off an ID I used to go on [as].com's forums with, but have since forgotten the PW. I think I made it in 2009 or 2010. Don't recall doing much on it either. Tried looking at the member list just after typing that last bit but don't see my username. Not going to bother saying it cause I've no desire to go back to it anyway, even if I learned my PW. I eventually took a break and came back with a new ID that I based off The Hub Network as well as favorite MLB team + birth year, but that's in the past and I wont bring that back. Started commenting around and realized how much fun these forums are. There may come a day I take a long break or even stop posting in general, guess it just depends on where this road of life takes me. As for now, I'm coming here daily, even if I don't post each day.

As for finding this site, I'm not sure how I came across it. As stated it was simply to look at TV schedules, so it's possible I did a search for a show that aired on Toonami for airings n what-not and just stumbled upon it that way. I do wish I was aware of the forums earlier, but glad I'm here now.

11. Damien

Damien Watching

I joined in January 2003 after my best friend at the time told me about it; we actually migrated from another forum, but I can't recall the name. I was a senior in high school. I'm now 30. Tonight is my first time logging on in, what, 2 years maybe? I spent most of my time on the Entertainment Board. I also won 1st and 2nd in a couple of the World's Finest Writer's Corner contests. At first I stopped coming on because I clearly wasn't going to be made a mod anytime soon, but then life happened and I just didn't have as much time. But tonight I just kind of find myself wandering the internets and decided to say hello.

12. Kevin the Geek

Kevin the Geek Golem fan

It's been months since I last signed in.

I first joined in September 2003, and had a great time here. However, I guess other things in life started taking up more of my time. Maybe I should log in, a little more often.

13. DarkGojira

DarkGojira What are you staring at?

I became a Toonzone member in 2004. Admittedly, I haven't posted quite as much as I did ten years ago, but now that I'm done with school, I might have the extra time to make more posts this year (This is a part of my New Year's Resolution for 2015).

14. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

I'm still here.

15. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Active Member

Of course, what would the Sword Art Online talkbacks be without you? :D

16. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Ten Years on TZ!

Been here since 2001, though I don't post very frequently anymore.

17. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING

I joined in 2002 after discovering the AS boards here. It was nice to find a place to talk about anime series and AS original shows that didn't always devolve into flame wars. So, I've been here since. My time has been greatly reduced over the years due to real life as well as various other stuff. But I still try to make talkbacks for shows that I feel might have an interest around here.

18. Dza

Dza New Member

Discovered this site back in '02 but had no interest in posting, but hey...times change. Don't really watch Toonami or AS anymore (both past their primes, though it looks like this new Toonami has promise) but this community seems like a great place to discuss the good ole days