Clarence creator fired for alleged sexual harassment

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Bakertoons, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Bakertoons

Bakertoons Don't break a Pinkie Promise.

2. RegularCapital

RegularCapital Well-Known Member

Even though these are just Twitter allegations, this could be serious, it could put an end to his career, no legal action has been taken though.

3. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

even tho it legal to do something like this it pretty wrong to announced something on twitter about that, if there any proof that he did this then he could be taking legal actions to this, it wrong and sad for somebody to do sexual predator actions on a person. and it could even effect Clarence as well

4. RegularCapital

RegularCapital Well-Known Member

Apparently it's been investigated by CN's HR department.

5. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

they can even take more action towards him as well it could be worst for him close being fire and his show canceled, here hoping things end up not being true, as i said earlyer

6. RandomMe

RandomMe Stave it off

I have no words as well.

7. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier Wandering about in both ANGER & DISGRACE

Who Dares To Attmept a Rescue From My Lair?
    Several women currently working at CN (such as Emily Partridge, who works on Adventure Time) have confirmed that YES, this is TRUE: https://twitter.com/mareodomo/status/483504310803001344[​IMG] https://twitter.com/empartridge/status/484526219325489152[​IMG]

My proof comes from the Twitter messages, specifically.

Yeah.. this man needs to be fired - show canceled being a consequence be ignored. This kind of sexism and misogyny in the workplace cannot be tolerated. EVER. Especially if CN wants to call themselves progressive like any sane person should aim to be against intolerance like this.

8. Lord Beckett

Lord Beckett Skepticals.

Uh oh.... well to clarify for people it appears Emily Partridge is the one who had an incident with Skyler Page. Reading through her tweets though, she hasn't been very smart about it. Fighting with trolls, that doesn't look very professional at all. Even something like this tweet which was made during the whole incident could be spun by a good lawyer into reasonable doubt.

I have to ask, this sounds like a very serious allegation, I don't think you go to the HR department for something like this, you go to the police. There are holes all over this story so I don't think people should crucify Clarence's creator because a band of animator buddies are trying to win the twitter court of approval.

9. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

i did not know that this was somebody working for turner. my bad on what i said earlyer, But Still it disspointing that Clarence's Creator did this, if it true

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
  10. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Yes, he should indeed be fired if this turns out to be true.
    But they should air the remaining episodes, though. Otherwise it was a complete waste of money... (They are making European dubbings for it at the moment and it has already premiered in Asia and Latin America)

I really can't believe this... This show is so good :( I called it the best cartoon ever made, but now I don't know what to think about it...
    Oh well, I can keep telling myself all the funny jokes of Clarence are made by other people. (He wasn't the only one who worked on this)

11. The ShopSoldier

Dangit - this should still lead to some disciplinary action (or preferrably firing of Mr. Page, for a safer and and more relaxed environment for women working at CN in general) - even if this is devolving into some sort of popularity on the internet - type contest.

There just isn't any excuse for this.

There's the horrible possibility the rest of the crew is nowhere near as innocent, which could complicate things more.

12. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Please don't say that... :/

It's possible they decide to continue the series without the help of Skyler Page. (Like Dexter's Lab and PPG without Grenndy Tartakovsky)

13. IcyTea

IcyTea New Member

Regardless of what is going on, the "Animation buddies" should be suspended for posting this crap, why didn't they handle this like adults and report this incident to the police or the HR without telling us about it on Twitter.

Now it's going to randomly tick people off and cause a massive flame war on various sites for no reason.

14. The ShopSoldier

Apologies for jinxing anything... If what you said happens, here's hoping this show can still be good w/out the guy if it's still going (Page still needs to be dealt with, first and foremost.).

15. IcyTea

IcyTea New Member

Agreed, yet this shouldn't have been posted online, it was unprofessional and immature. Heck it would cost the victims' jobs as well as Page's. Seen it before in the jobs I've been, so there is no excuse for the victims in the animation field either.

16. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

I wasn't sure if i was going to post it here when i saw the news but i see it's already become a thread. At first i thought it was odd when i was looking at tumblr about this and thought was a sick joke but when i was looking more how people reblogging and showing other comments i was looking at Emily Partridge and really sad to hear about this news.

I think in my part is that Emily Partridge could have talk with others that know Page in private and telling them what happen to her, i think she would have had more support and more evidence about this situation instead of going online, that way CN and the police could have taking care of this and arrested Page.

Now the future of Clarence? This indeed affect BIG to the future of Clarence on what's happening with Skyler Page situation. This is unlikely but i do feel the show should continue just without Page and have Spencer Rothbell as the one who Developed the show since what i heard is that Rothbell was more involved in the show then Page. But does make you wonder, will people feel comfortable still working on the show? I really can't answer that since i'm not those guys but i do hope they do since Clarence indeed was a good show and die too early because of someone sick sexual urges........it's not fair for the rest who are involved in the show.

17. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

People should let the investigation take its course. The problem with taking things like this public is that the accused is deemed guilty before all else. I know most women who step forward about this sort of stuff are telling the truth, but there have been times in the past - and will be going forward - that people lie or speak half-truths about these sorts of things. What I fear is that now, due to external pressure, Cartoon Network will feel compelled to take action even if their investigation comes up empty.

18. NovelleX

NovelleX Destroyer of Threads

Looks like Cartoon Network is out of a 6:45/5:45c slot now, thank you SJWs.

I think I'll go pitch my dream cartoon now. I can't think of any better time to do it.

19. WMania

WMania Check Out My Avatar Thread!

I just hope they don't cancel the show because of this. Clarence is the best thing they have right now.

20. RandomMe

RandomMe Stave it off

Well, if they can't continue without the creator, we'll see if the changes will affect the show.