1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Civil War" Mini-Series & Crossover Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Wonder Woman, May 3, 2006.

?

Rate and Comment

1. *****

36.0%
  2. ****1/2

12.0%
  3. ****

28.0%
  4. ***1/2

4.0%
  5. ***

4.0%
  6. **1/2

4.0%
  7. **

4.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

8.0%
  1. Moto Pete

Moto Pete We Bare-ly Pete's

This is a question about a Civil War Book not in regard to Capt. Death

Funny Thing .......I just read Civil War Intitive and it looks like there is a Capt. America Look like on Omega Flight in Canada( of all places) WHO IS THIS??????

He has a Red/White crest with Blue suit and Capt's Sheild
    ( i'll try to find a photo later)

2. Clayface

Clayface Molecularly Malleable Mod

3. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Feel free to talk about the Civil War: The Initiative" one-shot here, by the way...or start up it's own talkback thread for it, if you really want to discuss it.

4. Juu-kuchi

Juu-kuchi Everypony's Starry-Eyed

Eh, not really impressed. Just felt really tacked together. I thought we'd be getting some political intrigue, examinations, and whatnot in regards to the process and policies of the Initiative. The Omega Flight and Thunderbolts pieces were interesting, but the Ms. Marvel story sortof fell flat, and the last few pages being nothing more than previews sortof dampen the Initiative.

All I know is I should probably lay off the comics for a while after this. Oh and one other thing...

Shut the hell up Penance.

5. Moto Pete

yes Clayface

but still why is a guy named US AGENT on the Canadian team?

6. En Sabah Nur

En Sabah Nur Apocalypse, The First One

he is a liaison from the U.S. Government and shield. Read about it in Civil War Choosing Sides one shot.

7. Moto Pete

i must of missed that thanx

8. Hawkman

Hawkman Member

I just want to say that I'm very dissapointed with the end of CW. I don't like that Cap surrendered and basicly admitted that he was wrong (which he wasn't) I also didnt like the way that the reporter talked to Cap. Am I completely off base when I say that tony is now a villian because of his actions through out all of CW??

#408 Hawkman, Mar 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2007
  9. Damien

Damien Watching

The end was definitely not altogether earned. It was, dare I say, a bit anti-climactic. Still, while I was rooting for Captain America's side, the pro-reg. winning will have the more interesting ramifications across the Marvel universe.
    Still, they really got me set for Spider-Man's new black costume, and I think he donned it way, way too quick.

Anyway, someone help me out. I only really read the main line. Last time I saw Cap., he was in jail. I found out about his death from Colbert. What the heck happened? How did Captain America die?

10. Moto Pete

check here damion ( What happen to Capt. America)

11. Damien

Damien Watching

Whaaat? Really? That's not how it happened, is it? Ugh...so many things wrong with that.
    • Unidentified? No. Someone would have shouted "Steve Rogers" or "Captain America has been shot!"
    • Can he even die from gunshot wounds? I guess maybe, but...die?
    • Why would he be tried in New York instead of before the military?
    Just doesn't sound very thought out by the writers. Feels like they were in a hurry to just shock us. Not that his end was very fitting. How about something epic? You can still have him murdered and make it epic.
    Anyway, NOW would have been a good time to have Spidey tailor his black suit. They should never have revealed that suit that early, and they shouldn't have put it on him before there was a good reason.
    Whatever. Did they ever say who did it yet?

12. BCVM22

BCVM22 Active Member

The "article" clearly says "in front of a military tribunal."

Cap is human. He's superbly trained, and possesses strength, speed, agility, stamina, all that good stuff at levels representing the peak of human ability, but he's still human. A bullet of the right size in the right place and he dies like any other human. His Captain America uniform may be bullet-proof or bullet-resistant, but if he was about to be tried before a military tribunal, he would likely be in a military dress uniform or prisoner's outfit.

You could find many things wrong with all this, but these aren't on the list.

13. Damien

Damien Watching

Read that again very, very carefully.

My main problem is the fact that it's kind of an anti-climactic way for a hero to go out after half a century of gracing the pages of comics.
    Your point about precision is also a reason why I asked if anyone knew who did it, since it would take, as you already know, someone with that kind of precision.