1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Civil War II (2016)" Event Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, May 18, 2016.

?

"Civil War II" - Rate and discuss the Marvel event!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The Marvel Universe finds itself divided once again!

CIVIL WAR #0

[​IMG]

WRITER: BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    ARTIST: OLIVIER COIPEL

From the creative team that brought you House of M and Siege comes a blistering first chapter in Marvel’s new explosive event. Watch as the players are introduced and the table is set for a storyline that fans will be talking about for years.

Discuss this Marvel Comic event!

Related Discussion:
    -Civil War (2006) Event Talkback (Spoilers)

2. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

Iron Man is mad War Machine got killed because they KNEW Thanos was going to be there? How would that be any different if they didn't know, but went to battle him as soon as they saw him, and War Machine still died in the battle?

3. rggkjg1

I'm still failing to see what exactly the issue is here. (Fake) Captain Marvel ("shazam" is the REAL Captain Marvel) is convinced the future visions are absolute fact, Iron Man feels they aren't and are just a possible future. Thanks to the insane Star Trek 2009 time travel logic, the future visions could both be fact or possible. It doesn't matter if the future is fact or possible, when steps are taken to alter the impending vision, it just means they created an alternate reality. Both realties exist - the original vision, and the changed future with knowledge of said vision.

What if Captain Marvel finds out she is going to die? Or she commits a heinous act that is 100% unjustifiable. Is she going to let it happen? Alter it? Or be in complete absolute denial about it and start to question the accuracy of these visions of the future. Instead of the superhero community being divided once again, why don't they get together and help Ulysses control his visions and redirect them to something smaller to see the validity of them (like finding out what Captain Marvel had for lunch the day before, and later the next day ask her and see if it was right).

4. rggkjg1

This event just raises so many questions. Questions that I feel a reader ultimately asking "What's the point of this?" when discussing the questions I've raised in the posts above and this one. So the newest vision shows Miles killing Cap. Ok, first. Isn't Cap currently a Nazi ("Hail Hydra! cliffhanger - I don't read the title, so I don't know if that's been resolved). So maybe that had something to do with Cap getting killed by Miles? The characters have no idea what context these visions are in. They just see them and act on them at face value without asking why. Miles could just be holding Cap's corpse. Or an imposter dressed as Miles killed Cap. Or it's a vision from the Ultimate Marvel Universe.

Here's a better idea for this story. What if Ulysses' visions involved criminals the Punisher killed, and the superhero community rallies against the Punisher because of what they see? I would find that interesting (and I'm sure at some points hilarious), and the issue would be more straight forward than the apparent "issue" that's dividing the superheroes here.