1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Chuck Jones: 1912-2002

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Matthew Hunter, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Matthew Hunter

Matthew Hunter Super Genius

2. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes Active Member

3. finbarlafume

finbarlafume Member

Through the characters he created and the toons he made, his name will live on forever.

4. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

This may explain--

--why the Timberwolf webtoons have been rerunning at the Warner Bros. site. The last new one was "Bite Me", I believe.

The last of the old guard is gone. It is truly a sad day. :(

5. Spyro

Spyro Member

Reagon passed Jones by one year.

6. Danielle

Danielle Active Member

I don't know what to say...Chuck will always be remembered.

7. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

There are few people that have been a bigger influence on animation in general than Chuck. He will never be forgotten.

8. superdude

superdude king of cool

Easily my least favorite Warner's director and vastly overrated. He turned Daffy into a whacky screwball to a nasty and bitter sourpuss. Bugs Bunny's smugness reached new heights under Jones as well. I disliked how the character designs on both characters became taller, scrawnier, leaner and more angular.

I perferred the work of Friz, Robert McKimson and Arthur Davis much more--especially McKimson who was one of the greatest, most productive animators that Warner's ever employed. It was said that he was particularly good at 'visualizing.'

You have to give Jones credit, some of his forties stuff is entertaining. I'm just saying I liked Daffy Duck before he was an a-hole, and Bugs Bunny wouldn't have to come out on top every single time.

9. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

First, it's fine if you don't like Chuck Jones, but I don't really think that's the kind of thing you should be posting in a thread about him dying. Second, you're not supposed to be bumping old threads anyway. If you wanted to say how you feel about Jones, you probably should've started a new thread instead.