1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Christmas Tales 2015

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Previously on Christmas Tales:
    Christmas Tales: 2007
    Christmas Tales: 2008
    Christmas Tales: 2009
    Christmas Tales 2010
    Christmas Tales 2011
    Christmas Tales 2012
    Christmas Tales 2013
    Christmas Tales 2014

[​IMG]

This is this year's tree; what's yours look like?

[​IMG]

We had our family Christmas dinner (lunch, technically) in my cousin's awesome house again -- I think we've all agreed to make it a regular thing. It turns out her house is SO awesome that there's another entire house beneath it. What I formally assumed was the "basement" actually contains another living room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. She chose to serve din--er, lunch down here because there was more room for people. And just like last year, she had the TNT Christmas Story marathon going in the background for ambience. The TV on the main floor was loudly running some Christmas Bewitched episode where Samantha was teaching Scrooge, or helping Santa, or something....bizarre that it was just on with no one there.

[​IMG]

You know the two-hour loop of Christmas K-Mart music from 1974 that I linked you all to earlier this week? I suggested it as background music for the din-lunch, and they took it! It worked perfectly, especially when the music would break every now and then to announce things like "smoking is only permitted in the snack bar."

Jaxom got a ticket to Star Wars: The Force Awakens this year, delivered by "Santa Ewok." He never figured out it was me, even though I'm obviously the only one who would label a gift "Santa Ewok." I told him before we all left.

[​IMG]

I'm so proud of my cousin, whom you've watched grow up in these Christmas Tales talkbacks before your eyes. It was only a couple years ago she was a typical princess-obsessed little girl; today she's playing 3DS RPGs (Bravely Default currently), drawing manga and planning to learn Kanji. We only raise nerds in MY family.

I took home in prizes a $25 Gamestop gift card, a $25 Best Buy gift card, and "Pixar FUNNY!" which is a hardcover book of stray doodles the animators made when they were working on every Pixar film of the past 25 years. I was taking a gamble by asking for this one since the book was shrinkwrapped in the store. It paid off and then some; everybody NEEDS THIS BOOK.

AND I found under the tree....a brand shining new PLAYSTATION 4! But I put it there. My parents went in partially on the price.

Now tell YOUR tale!

2. twilicorn

twilicorn HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER

aw that's nice that they took the Kmart music with no complaints. If I were to put it on for my family they'd complain and ask to put on something "normal" instead.

3. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Worse than one of those little blue crunchy things

My older sister brought her family over for Christmas.

My brother-in-law brought his brand new camera drone over, and we took it out and flew it around a couple of times.

In recent years, my family has started a tradition of a "hunter-gatherer" dinner, where everybody goes out to their favorite restaurants and brings back some food - barbecue, sushi, Italian, hot wings, chips and salsa, Indian, etc. This year was a little smaller than previous years, but it was pretty fun.

I also saw A Christmas Story in a movie theater for the very first time this year.