Chris Savino (Creator of The Loud House) Has Been Suspended From Nickelodeon EDIT: He's Now FIRED

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by SuperFan2024, Oct 17, 2017.

1. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

2. Draco Dracul

Draco Dracul New Member

I think we need to wait for this to play out, but if the allegations are true Sorvino needs to go. Because The Loud House is a much bigger property than Clarence, it's likely a replacement show runner will be brought in rather than cancelling the series. Hopefully either the allegations aren't true or the replacement is of a high quality.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

Uh oh.

Well, it didn't kill Clarence...

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 She rocks both ways.

Good. The fewer creeps there are like him working in entertainment, the better.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

I've heard several people disregard this on the grounds that it's CartoonBrew (plus the fact they're the only one who has reported on it). I'm really not sure how much this can actually be believed, though.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

Color me shocked if true. For the time being, most of my thoughts are in alignment with Draco Dracul. If all is true, then I express my condolences to the alleged victims.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

I cannot seem to get past on whether this was CartoonBrew's based assumption on this whole harassment issue that’s been going around in the media world, TBH i mostly look at it as a fabrication of the alleged story by them, since no other news sources that I have seen, seem to catch the information following after one had reported early, And I don’t wanna jump into conclusions on the subject until whether the source is accurate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

For anyone on the fence, when Cartoonbrew posted a lie about Justin Roiland mistreating his crew, his crew came to the comments to defend him, and call out Amid.

So far there is no comments from any of the Loud House crew defending Chris. So the more the days go by, and there isn't a comment defending him (on the site, or elsewhere), the more likely the story is true.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Story got updated about a story from an anonymous source. Guess that's not a 100% confirmation but that's not a good trend.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. dothesmartthing

dothesmartthing Me too.

We have to be careful about the media nowadays because they always have an appetite for publicity. Chris is a terrific cartoonist, but if the news holds true, then he's setting a bad example as a husband and father.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Toonberculosis

Toonberculosis Gets Two Scoops

Seems all of these sources are "anonymous" or from CartoonBrew itself. They better come out with some real names and real accusations or else they could be looking at lot like Gawker did when they went after Hulk Hogan.

12. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

What alarms me about all of these sexual harassment allegations is that they are coming out of the woodwork in the past couple of years. Either it's happening more frequently, or it is actually a systemic problem in Hollywood and Washington, has been going on all along, and we are only just learning about it now. I suspect it's the second thing, which is absolutely terrifying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

Wait, what? This came out of nowhere.

I mean, after this whole Harvey Weinstein incident, it's good that more people like him are being ousted, but this is the first I've heard of this. Then again, I'm not exactly an avid follower or watcher of the show for that matter. Was there history of him displaying this sort of behavior when he was working on other shows like Powerpuff Girls or Dexter's Lab?

Keep in mind that witnesses may prefer anonymity when reporting things like this because publishing their name could put their careers at risk or make them susceptible to other danger down the line. It sucks, but often that's the way it goes.

If all of the reports add up, then that's a shame. The Loud House is one of the few Nicktoons that gets ratings comparable only to SpongeBob, so I doubt Nick would nip it in the bud. Clarence continued after Skyler Page's removal after all.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

There's plenty of reasons to stay anonymous, that doesn't totally discredit something. I wouldn't count on a Gawker situation happening unless Chris has a billionaire with an axe to grind, funding him like Hogan did.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. 19MagiswordLane

19MagiswordLane Toonzone's Crooner of Carnage, babe!

Anne Walker Farrell, currently a director on BoJack Horseman, was apparently involved in the situation (and it happened as far back as his Cartoon Network days).

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

Okay, there's a difference between harassment and "trying to get in my pants." I don't want to cast any judgment on the guy until we know more/have testimonies from those who can say actual things he did wrong.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

As doubtful as I am toward the situation, justice should be served If all information is gathered against Savino. Though it is unfortunate that he could do this, he has a wife and kids I just can't imagine the pain that they would feel if all is true.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Toonberculosis

So apparently, this happened over a decade ago, and he tried to "get into her pants". If it was serious, why didn't she speak up? I read some of her tweets and it feels like she has a personal axe to grind. Is this the sort of proof that we are going to get in the coming days, people with vague at best connections to him that claim some slight happened to them years ago!? I don't want any of you to give me that "They're all too scared to come forth" crap, this is a man's career at stake here! There better be some hard evidence of real sexual harassment, not catcalls in the office or whatever millennial SJWs think is "harassment" nowadays!

I will say this, people flirting or dating coworkers never ends well. There is a good chance, the relationship will end ugly, and now you're stuck with two people who hate each other having to remain in the same environment. This is why a lot of companies discourage fraternizing with your coworkers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #18 Toonberculosis, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  19. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

You don't think catcalls in an office is sexual harassment? Forgive me for not taking the rest of your post seriously after that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Toonberculosis

Oh no! You didn't take the rest of the post seriously after that- except, the post was already pretty much over despite some advice that anyone with a career could tell you.

Please, next you'll tell me Savino deserves to be fired because he was "manspreading" in the office! What a load of bunk.

• Agree Agree x 2