1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Chowder

Discussion in 'Animation Wiki Discussion' started by Racattack!Force, May 27, 2008.

1. Racattack!Force

Racattack!Force 私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !

Discussion thread for Chowder. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

2. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

I had contemplated working on the wiki for “Chowder”, though I’m unfamiliar with wikis and the coding involved to format the pages properly. I used to edit a number of high profile guides over at TV.com, such as the Avatar: The Last Airbender guide, but I gave that up years ago. However, people are more than welcome to use the guide I made for “Chowder” over at TVRage as source material. I have character guides written, along with recaps, notes, quotes and cultural references for a majority of the episodes. If any of it can help enhance the show's wiki page, I give my full consent for it to be used.

In time, I may try to figure the wiki out and get to work myself, though I’m not sure if I will.

3. Racattack!Force

I do have to say that this wiki is a lot different from Wikipedia, in that I'm unable to use quite a few of the codings that I'm familiar with. :shrug:

4. Harley

Harley Embarassment Ninja
    Staff Member Administrator

It's an older version of the software. Or in some cases, maybe it's a plugin or something. I'd suggest creating a feedback thread in the feedback forum. If you tell us exactly what features you were expecting, we'll research and accommodate where we can.

5. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Wikis often rely on code for templates and such. Ergo, we still need to get some of those templates created in order for users to add some of the stuff they may be familiar with from other Wikis. Stubs for example was added pretty early because it's one of the most useful templates.

6. Harley

Harley Embarassment Ninja
    Staff Member Administrator

That's totally cool and I definitely want to accommodate, but I still have zilch experience with wikis. I don't have the foggiest as to which templates need to be installed to give a comparable experience to wikipedia. So, I'm still going to need some help with that.

7. Racattack!Force

TV templates for one, with witch you can show the show's logo, the creator of the show, producers, companies that produce it, number of episodes, sequal/prequal series/movies, how long the show has been running, etc. Gives you a lot of semi-important information in a snap! :D I'll go make one.

EDIT: Impossible for me to make one.