Children of Disney Villans go to high school in "Disney's Descendents"

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Dudley, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

Disney Descendents is an upcoming TV movie where Disney villains' children go to high school with the children of Disney's good guys.

Not only is this almost ripping off Mattel's Ever After High, this is going to be made in live-action.
    I just.....this is just a lame idea.

EDIT: I forgot to add a link.

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

So......I really need to see a picture of this.

Will they use Melody, or will they forget Ariel and Eric had a canon daughter and invent something like "Aquata"?

And will Max show up, played by a human wearing a giant protruding dog nose with buck teeth?

And didn't most Disney villains die before they could procreate.....oh, it doesn't matter, we'll get Malificent's kid even though that makes no sense.

3. defunctzombie

defunctzombie Cutie Pie

Gaston probably fathered a bunch of kids, they can use them.

But seriously, this reeks of the kinds of stories we made up as little girls in elementary school.

4. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Sounds like Disney is mooching off the success of Ever After High. And if there is no Big Bad Wolf / Little Red Hood off spring it will lack my favorite part of Ever After High.

If this wasn't live action, and was animated, I would hope characters like Iago and Anastasa would be in it as already redemed characters as an example of redemption can happen, maybe they could be guest speakers.

5. CartoonFridays

CartoonFridays Promoted to detective.

That means Cruella, Jafar, Maleficent...they all had...

Be right back, throwing up!

6. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Silence, you dumb wench!!!

I think we found an idea even worse than Equestria Girls.

7. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Active Member

This does not make any sense. The majority of villains are at least one generation older than the heroes. Seriously the only villain I can think of who is the same approximate age, and would realistically have kids that would go to school together, as the hero is Gaston (and I guess Cinderella's step-sisters).

8. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 God Bless America!

So, is this a Disney Channel movie, an ABC movie, or...? Anyway, this seems pretty dumb. I kind of see why this is made; after all, Ever After High and Equestria Girls appeal to the tweens, and Disney wants to compete, but this whole idea still smells cashgrab.

9. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

Seriously.......now they are ripping at Ever After High?.....really Disney, get some new material...

10. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Being live action limits the characters to humans. Unless they wanted to use CGI, I doubt they have the budget for that, so excludes Scar Jr for being in this.

If they really want to be like Ever After High, make the desidents of the heros duchbags. But knowing Disney they will be Mary Sues and Gary Sues.

11. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

Not only does this idea rip off Ever After High, but it also feels like they're taking some elements from a certain other TV show Disney produces. A little ABC show called Once Upon A Time. Particularly the idea of meshing Disney characters into one universe and a "what if" scenario of what happens after the films.

12. Silverstar

Silverstar Game On!

I guess Disney figures that if Ever After High and Fairy Tale High are going to exist, then they of all people should be cashing in on the whole "fairy tale characters in high school together" shtick. They already have the Disney Princesses; just stick them and their archenemies in high school, bing, bang, boom, cash the check.

13. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Well to be in fair, don't all the Disney princesses universes mesh in Sofia The First?

14. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Nerd Life

I'd like to know how some of the Disney villains managed to have offspring when several of them were killed before getting the chance to pro-create.

This basically sounds like Sky High,only with fairy tale characters, and of course, obviously, an attempt to cash in on the success of Mattel's Ever After High.

15. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Wait there is something called a Fairy Tale High, does it predate Ever After High?, hopefully people won't get it confused with Fairy Tail's second OVA, Fairy Tail Academy, which is totaly unrelated and might not be suit for a younger audiance. It be funny if people got those two mixed up.

16. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Nerd Life

Fairy Tale High isn't connected to Ever After High. It's just a simultaneous ripoff of both EAH and Disney Princesses. Most of those fairy tale characters are public domain, so other companies can easily cash in on them as long as it's clear that they aren't doing Disney's versions of said characters.

17. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

I know that, I am just asking which came out first.

18. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Well most of Disney villains have magic based abilities. They probably made them using magic before they die. You know a Plan B in case something happen to them. Also some could be adopted too.

19. Silverstar

Silverstar Game On!

AFIAK, Ever After High predated Fairy Tale High.

20. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

Everybody's mentioning Ever After High. Maybe I'm out of the loop, but it's not THAT successful, is it? I mean, it's merely a spinoff of Monster High.