1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Chapter by Chapter?

Discussion in 'Story Board Workshops' started by PeppeRaskell1, Sep 27, 2006.

1. PeppeRaskell1

PeppeRaskell1 Peanutized!!!

When you out there write a fanfic, do you start with Chapter One, Chapter Two, Chapter Three, or do you just write it out of sequence (f'rinstance, you start with the major battle between the hero of your fanfic and the main villain, then the beginning of the story, etc.?)

2. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

I tend to start at the beginning, unless an idea is just too strong to ignore, and then I write it from there. Usually, I never write anything beyond that, too, because once it's out, I lose the urge to complete the story surrounding it.

Because I pretty much never have any, y'know. Ahem. >.>

Pepper! ^^ >waves<

3. Kury Wagner

Kury Wagner Jizzyboobgirlkury

Even though I haven't written fic in ages, I've been wanting to give it another shot, soon enough.

I used to throw down a vague idea, then start from the beginning. As I brainstormed for the meat of the story, though, I'd have ideas for scenes and write those out of sequence, but still go back to the part I left off at.

4. SilentBat18

SilentBat18 Hmm, so, yeah

hmmm lets see, what do i do?

Well, i say to myself "Ok, Batgirl" :D , "What do i want to see happen if BB was continued?" An idea pops in my head, like, i dunno, explain whatever happened to Dana, or should i end up killing a character and see how that goes along. so i start with the main idea and fill in the gaps. and then after much work (you know, workin out those tenses and stuff :sweat:) VOILA! the fic is finished.

I dont really use chapters i guess. i just go witht the flow. if it seems best to stop at a certain scene, i would end the "chapter" leaving some suspense behind.

5. Tenku

Tenku D-don't come any closer!

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

I already know the ending to one of the stories I'm working on, but I haven't exactly finished the other parts yet. It's kinda like asking myself, "Ok, you got the ending down, but what leads to that?"

I have a habit of reading the last chapter of each book I get, and then going back to read the whole thing.

6. Death58

Death58 WFWC Vet.

I write my fics in sequence. I find it much easier to flesh out the plot that way, gently laying down certain threads early on. Honestly, it just makes it easier for me to get those plot threads laid out in my head. More of an organization thing, I suppose. . .any way you write a fic, though, you should pick the most comfortable way for you to write. If you like to write out of order, you should do just that if you're more comfortable. Make sure you get it straightened out before you release your chapters to the readers, though.