1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Channel Awesome" Talkback, Part 21 (Warning: Strong Language Throughout)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Antiyonder, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Todd's Top 10 Worst of 2015:

Part 1
    Part 2

The second part isn't on YouTube anymore, but his Vimeo links rarely work for me. This one came out fine, though.

I heard his #1 at Barnes & Noble the other day, and yeah, it's pretty bad. I also agree with him on Fifth Harmony and Selena Gomez. And while I'm not sure if I think "Bad Blood" is worse than "Shake It Off", I can't really argue with his assessment on it, either.

2. Gatomon41

Gatomon41 Free Equestrian Forces

3. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Dudley discusses cartoon while working on his own.

http://channelawesome.com/steven-bomb-and-other-animation-ramblings-dtoons-live/

I bring this up because a few things I wanted to talk about with it.

1. First off I'm guessing you only did this Dudley (usually I don't try and talk to the producer since that seems sort of pointless but Dudley actually is a member here so it works) because you got to talk to someone and discuss animation and what not as honestly I was really surpirsed to see you with a video over... 3 minutes long. Seriously when you go from 2 minute animations for like over a year it is really jarring to have a two hour podcast as an update honestly. Well podcast/artcast but you get what I mean.

2. Though I don't agree with you and your friend about Legend of Korra season 4 (which granted has issues but I don't think it's the weakest of seasons) I can see where you're coming from on some of the issues like with Kuveria who honestly should of had more of a backstory and what not. But I do think some of your issues were actually addressed in the season. Since yeah the fouth season did address the whole "does the world need an Avatar" issue by pointing out it did since honestly every Avatar needs to evolve and change with the time to fit and help the world they are in. Be it in a time of war or peace as yeah if you read the comics and mythology of the world even beyond the attack of the fire nation there were problems the Avatar could only deal with. Also a lot of people say the whole Korra/Asami thing came out of nowhere need to realize that not only did they have to be subtle about the hints because of the censoring but... both Korra and Asami were hurt before by RUSHING into a relationship. The ending of the show is signifying they are slowly taking their time with this relationship they now want to be romantic and honestly other things in the way have sort of made them unable to focus on it until now. But it's not suppose to be a "ha ha they were lesbians the whole time" but a "and now they decide to go into this relationship" which yeah is going to be explored in the Legend of Korra graphic novels as well.

3. Technically since that Don Bluth Kickstarter went up there is going to be a 2D animated Dragon's Lair movie... don't know how long that will take to come out but it is happening so that is something.

4. Gatomon41

5. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I haven't heard most of these songs, but his number one song gave me second hand embarrassment for the people in that music video. The song itself was pretty bad too. I don't think that I've heard a Fifth Harmony song before, even though I have heard of how intense their fanbase is for some reason. These were pretty solid choices for his worst lists. I'm curious to see what will be on Todd's best list for the year.

6. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And here are Todd's 10 best of the year.

Part One
    Part Two

His second place is my favorite pop song of the year, unless you count Kendrick Lamar's "Alright". Which I guess you shouldn't, and I probably like this one even more.

And I agree, that is The Weeknd's best song, by far.

7. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Good picks up until the end -- I knew I'd have to disagree with him somewhere. Sorry Todd, no. The list peaked with "Shut Up And Dance."

8. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi Still Gritty after all these years

JesuOtaku has come out as transgender.

Good for skle.

9. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi Still Gritty after all these years

10. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Lupa and Phelous are now the only couple left.

11. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Actually there's also Paw and Elisa Hansen (who also met during the filming of Suburban Knights and unlike Lupa, Phelous or Nostalgia Chick still on the site... well whenever they post up videos which isn't really that often if ever due to various reasons) who not only got married but have a kid who Elisa posts pics of and you see in a couple of videos like the one Linkara did of Bloodlines: Masquerade.

12. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Well the only one left that aren't married yet.

13. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I can't really blame them for not announcing it before. It is a private matter and break-ups are hard enough without making them public knowledge. I'm glad that they're still friends. You rarely hear about couples actually staying friends after they break up, so that's wonderful for them.

Jacob Hope's video was quite nice and interesting. I didn't know about some of those conditions he mentioned either. I'm glad that he's happier and he sounded relieved just to get all of that out in the open.

14. Gatomon41

Poor JO. Seesh, yet another internet reviewer going through a mental breakdown. :(

15. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Are you talking about the experiences JO went through before coming out as transgender or are you calling being transgender a mental breakdown? If it's the latter, then that would be really offensive.

16. Gatomon41

Whatever led JO to making such a radical change to her life. When a person has a identity crisis, the most common reaction is the simple flight or flee response. If a person is unable to confront themselves, they invariably attempt to change their identity. The results vary, but the overall result is a false front. Unable to confront the,selves,they can never confront the real problems. The delusion is more preferable to the facts.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So are you saying that JO coming out as transgender and identifying as a man instead of a woman is a delusion or a false front? If that is the case, that still comes off as offensive. This seemed to make JO happy and relieved, at least based on the video, and it didn't seem to be a sign that he's not able to confront the problem. In any case, it seems really rude and offensive to judge what JO went through when none of us really know what happened beyond what's mentioned in the video and to compare it to a mental breakdown makes it so much worse.

18. Gatomon41

I mean no offense, but that is my current interpertation based on the current facts that is known. The science of genetics and biology simply do not change at the whim of society nor the indvidivual.

Edit: In any case, I still care about JO, whatever she might be doing. I just hope for the best.

#578 Gatomon41, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  19. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If you do care about JO, then wouldn't it be better to at least be respectful of his choice, not pass judgement on he's doing or at least not use terms like she when talking about JO? You are coming off as extremely offensive here. If people want to identify themselves as a different gender, it shouldn't be akin to a mental breakdown. I've known people who suffered from mental breakdowns and that isn't like changing your gender identity. They aren't hurting anyone or themselves by identifying as a different gender than what they were assigned to at birth, so I don't see the problem. It shouldn't be something other people to pass judgment on at least.

20. Gatomon41

As I said, The laws of biology do not change for the whims of society. And I can not betray the truth, including that the facts of hard science.

It may not be tactful or popular, but the ultimate disrespect to someone, anyone, is to be untruthful about something vitally important.