1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Category:Animation characters

Discussion in 'Animation Wiki Discussion' started by HellCat, Feb 24, 2009.

1. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Discussion thread for Category:Animation characters. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

It's not too bad right now, but this Category is way too vague. We should start using studio/series specific character group tags which can then be collected under this one.

2. Radical Raven

Radical Raven Bow bow bow, bow bow bow...

Ummm, I'd like to mildly object to that notion. I think "database" style categories, with lists of every entry for a very broad list, would be better if someone without knowledge of Animation Companies came to the wiki.

3. HellCat

It's already possible to view every page on the Wiki by visiting http://wiki.toonzone.net/index.php/Special:Allpages

What I'm suggesting is that 'Animation characters' would hold all the ranged categories that fall under that eg Looney Tunes characters, One Piece characters, etc. Left as is, it's too broad. Let's say I'm reading an article on, randomly, Jimminy Cricket. I click what I think is the category link to find more characters from the same film...instead I find I've been thrown into a MASSIVE list that groups togethor everyone from Flapjack to Kenshin. That's a mess. The whole point of the category system is to easily classify everything togethor in easily researchable groups. There's nothing to say that each character can only be listed in one category, but just throwing them all togethor in one massive category is self defeating. It'd be like if you went to the library for a book and they just told you 'Eh, it's in here....somewhere. Good luck' and then left you to it.

4. Radical Raven

Radical Raven Bow bow bow, bow bow bow...

Oh, I see what you mean. NM.

5. HellCat

Hey, any concerns or queries are valid :) This is a group project after all, so we'll do our best to make sure as many folks as possible support an idea before enforcing it.