1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Category:Animation awards

Discussion in 'Animation Wiki Discussion' started by Kitschensyngk, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk Worse than one of those little blue crunchy things

Discussion thread for Category:Animation awards. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Here's something we should put up info for. ;)

2. MonkeyFunk

MonkeyFunk Kids and grown-ups love me so

I'd like to do an article for the British Animation Awards - only trouble is they don't keep an archive on their site, so piecing together the information will be quite a task :sad:

3. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

I believe I still have access to my uni's database. If that's true, I can try and do a search in periodical archives to see if they have anything.

4. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Nice idea. An article for emmy awards would be smart too.

5. MonkeyFunk

(I'll be using this post to keep notes)

Annecy short film awards:

Hiroshima grand prize:

Links I used while researching the British Animation Awards:

Various Emmies:

6. MonkeyFunk

Oo-kay, that's most of the BAAs up. The only categories I've left out were the public choice awards for best commercial and new horizons, because I don't know who won them in 1996 (there's a list of the entries here, but the winners aren't specified). The Pulcinellas are coming along too.

Anyone want to chip in with some other awards? There's the Emmies, the Annies, and the major festivals (Annecy, Zagreb, Hiroshima, Ottawa) for starters...

7. MonkeyFunk

Okay, I've got most of the Pulcinellas up, but one of the new categories (Best Interactive Animation) is a bit problematic. Here are the nominees:

Devil May Cry 4
    Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
    Little big Planet
    Prince of Persia
    Uncharted Drake's Fortune

I'm not sure exactly how they're defining "interactive animation" (a liberal definition would include Homestar Runner), but if those nominees are anything to go by, then this is basically a video game award.

I'm a bit torn on whether or not to make an article about it. On the one hand, it'd be nice to have all the Pulcinellas covered. On the other, it's a bit pointless when we won't be making articles on any of the nominees.

Any thoughts?

(oh, and Little Big Planet won, if anyone's interested)

8. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

It seems a bit too iffy to me. Xenosaga the game wouldn't get an article by virtue of having hours of animated video telling its story. The key, it seems to me, is that none of the nominees involved in that award would merit their own Animation Wiki article.