1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Casey Kasem news

Discussion in 'The Voice Actors Appreciation Society' started by Daffyfan2003, May 14, 2014.

1. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

So has anyone else been following the news on Casey Kasem (aka Shaggy of "Scooby-Doo")? Apparently, he's not doing so well since he's been suffering through Levy body disease and they moved him to a different care facility with his whereabouts unknown to his children. I worry that he may be one of the next VAs to leave us, but at least Shagg's in good hands with Matthew Lillard voicing him now.

Anyway, I thought I'd post this here because I've been following the news on that and I was wondering if anyone else has heard this sad tale as well. Any other thoughts?

Another note, I'm not sure this was the right forum to post this, I wasn't sure if this should have went under 'news' or 'voice actors' so mods feel free to move this post if necessary.

2. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

It's really strange how this news started since there where problems with Kasem's Wife with his children last year and some mention they have seen him this month(i believe) and it was the last time they see him, his whereabouts is unknown. I do hope he's ok.

3. Daffyfan2003

Yeah. I didn't know anything was going on until a few days a go when he had his 82nd birthday.

4. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

5. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

Just saw it recently. Nice to know he's ok tho what his wife have done might not be right because the children of him wanted to see him yet she didn't let them for unknown reasons.

Now what hope is that he's doing well since he still has health problems.

6. Daffyfan2003

Zoinks! Like that's great news, Scoob.

Too bad that he's still having health issues though. Here's hoping that he'll have a speedy recovery.

7. Kung-Fu Yoshi

Kung-Fu Yoshi Active Member

I'm confused. If he was found in Washington, then how come the judge said he wasn't in the US?

8. Daffyfan2003

Good question. Maybe he was somewhere else before returning to Washington. I'm not sure though. I guess that would be something to look up.

9. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Now how long will Casey last?

10. Daffyfan2003

Yeah. That is a good question, especially considering the fact that he can no longer speak. Sadly he may not be with us too much longer, but he surely will be greatly remembered for his voice work as Shaggy and many others over the years.

11. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

Just hope the relationship between Kasem's wife and kids don't turned into sour or something worst as we seen with this story.

12. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

13. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Holy heartbreak! (Had to get a Robin reference in somehow.) Seems to me that there'd been a standing issue between Jean and the kids from Casey's 1st marriage, for whatever reason. Jean is being played as the villain here, but since she hasn't done much since leaving "Cheers" (and after "The Tortellis" tanked), it seems she's leeching off Casey. Problem is, we don't know all the details, and we likely never will.

14. SF4Ever

SF4Ever Active Member

We had better take as much time to look back at all the roles that Casey Kasem is known for, especially Shaggy from Scooby-Doo and Robin from The Superfriends, because he isn't going to be with us, much longer:

Judge grants daughter of Casey Kasem authority to stop life support for ailing father - newsnet5.com Cleveland

We will remember him, during radio reruns of American Top 40, too. Here's another link- Casey has been taken off life support and now only has hours left to live:

http://www.freep.com/article/20140612/ENT07/306120080/Casey-Kasem-dying-American-Top-40

May God bless his family, especially Kerri.

#14 SF4Ever, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
  15. Gatomon41

Gatomon41 Free Equestrian Forces

There is nothing good by this. No human should be starved to death. What makes it worse is that it's his own daughter doing this.

16. Kung-Fu Yoshi

Kung-Fu Yoshi Active Member

This is sad. This guy has been through tons of pain, and he'll probably die within this week, or maybe tomorrow.

Maybe he'll hold out for a bit, give him a bit of dignity.

17. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Casey Kasem passed away on June 15, 2014 at the age of 82. R.I.P. Casey Kasem.

18. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Wish-making dog lover

May he rest in peace.

Riposare in pace, Casey Kasem.

19. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

Just heard the news, really sad to hear it and a shocker since you grew with his voice watching all those shows he was involved. Irony along with Harold Ramis, Casey Kasem dies at the 30th anniversary of the Ghostbusters, i mention it since Kasem had a cameo while talking on the radio.

20. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Really sad/depressing news to hear, it made me sad when Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Left Eye of TLC, Marcia Wallace, Jim Varney, Tony Jay, Dennis Farina, and James Avery died, but now Casey Kasem:crying::crying:.Casey Kasem was awesome and his voice acting for Shaggy, Alexander(Josie and the Pussycats), and Robin was great, really felt bad for him for his Lewy body diseases.Rest In Peace Casey Kasem, you'll be forever missed.

#20 Radical, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2014