1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs on Twitter and Facebook!
    Go here to Follow Us and RT on TWITTER
    Go here to Like our page and Share the Giveaway Post on FACEBOOK
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

Cartoons you want on Netflix/Hulu

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Dr.Pepper, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

What are some cartoons you want on Netflix, Hulu or another streaming service? For me:

Gargoyles: I watched this show when I was little, but I know it has a lot of adult appeal. I want to see if I still like it.

Mighty Max: pretty much same as above.

Recess: I want to watch Recess again. It was always such an odd show for me. I wanted to watch it when it was on One SaturdayMorning, but never really did. By the time it showed up on Disney/Toon Disney I stopped caring.

Pepper Ann: one of my favorite shows ever, so I would kill to see it officially.

CatDog: a childhood favorite. I know it doesn't hold up but it would be fun to watch.

My Little Pony Tales: ditto

Kablam: duh

Arthur: (earlier seasons specifically) just for nostalgia

Also pretty much any CN original (such as KND, EEnE, Billy & Mandy, etc) that aren'talready there. These can easily work on the new Boomerang app.

(Also not cartoons but All That and Wishbone)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Gear3dGryph0n

Gear3dGryph0n Active Member

I'd second bringing back the old 90s Disney stuff. It sucks that the company treats those shows as the red-headed illegitimate stepchildren of the company. They should stop being so protective of their brand and give them a proper streaming deal already instead of letting them collect dust, encourage piracy, and not generate any revenue. I'd add The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and PB&J Otter for good measure and nostalgia's sake.

I'd also like to throw in some international and obscure stuff as well, given that it's most of what ends up on the airwaves of new channels. In particular, I'd give mention to the Canadian classic The Raccoons as well as some older Nelvana stuff like Rupert and Babar. The Lionhearts was a short-lived Saturday morning cartoon that was formerly on Hulu but disappeared for reasons unknown. Similarly, a lot of people see potential in a show like Bagel and Becky but it is unfortunately victim to a bad international deal with the BBC that leaves it digitally geoblocked, even in countries where it doesn't have a deal in place like the US. Many other international and independent shows that could have a following in this country are left out by the small number of large companies that dominate the business and I'd like to see more attention paid to them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Of Hulu or Netflix I think that Hulu should up its game off picking up some streaming rights. Though the only shows I would consider are probably the acquired shows that aired on CN at one point like Code Lyoko or certain other shows like for Nick Rocko's Modern Life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

It's not necessarily a cartoon but I think Powerless would do better if it was a Hulu-only series.

5. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

I wish Gravity Falls was on US Netflix.

6. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 BUNSEN IS A BEAST!

I would like to see more Nelvana shows on Netflix.

7. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

It's on Hulu.

8. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler The Ruler of the Watchdogs

Would love to see Zip Zip make it through Hulu or Netflix. I'm still waiting for the last season one episodes that hasn't arrived on Youtube yet.

Also, Detentionaire, Hubert & Takato, Rolling With the Ronks! and The Bagel & Becky Show.

9. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Swat Kats Revolution. People can support the reboot with the official petition to make it happen.

• Like Like x 1
  10. wonderfly

wonderfly Say yes!
    Staff Member Administrator

"Exo-Squad". I want it back on Hulu (or Netflix). It was on Hulu from like 2009 to 2012...but then it got pulled. They really need to bring it back somewhere online, legally.

11. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Both of these. At least Gargoyles is on DVD, but no MM.

How bout the original for starters. Also, maybe Avatar: Last Airbender too.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Antonio Bravo

Antonio Bravo IDOL UP!

I would love to see some DIC Cartoons on Netflix or Hulu.

13. Jeff Harris

Jeff Harris Creator/Webmaster, TXB

I know a handful of DiC and Hasbro shows, including the original Inspector Gadget, My Little Pony, My Little Pony Tales, GI Joe, Transormers, and others are available on Tubi TV and Popcorn Flicks on Roku and other streaming services. Some are even streaming on Pluto TV's channels. All for free.

14. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

When Netflix had CN and Nick shows, they had Ed, Edd n Eddy, Generator Rex, Rocko's Modern Life and Aaah! Real Monsters.
    I wish Hulu would pick up those like they picked up the other CN and Nick shows.

Having the Disney cartoons of the 90's to now on either platform would be great too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sonicx399

Sonicx399 Wannabe animator

I second that. Amazon Prime seems to be throwing in some obscure cartoons.

• Like Like x 1