Cartoons that somehow manage to sneak nudity in

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by sparkythebdog, Apr 30, 2006.

1. sparkythebdog

sparkythebdog InSovietRussia,TitleTypes YOU!

Inspired by the swear word thread. What cartoons sneak in nudity, either real or cartoon?

2. Rover_Wow

Rover_Wow New Member

Rugrats, "Naked Tommy" comes to mind.

If mooning is considered nudity (it is considered obscene in some cultures):
    HA!, "Full Moon"
    KND, "Butt", "Cable TV", "Graduates"
    Dexter, the one with Saturn

3. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

It's interesting that butt-cracks are censored now, as they appeared all the time in cartoons up until Janet.

The Rocko cartoon "Bedfellows" deserves a definite mention for having an entire lawnful of nudists.

4. nowlight

nowlight Member

ThunderCats!!!

5. Moto Pete

Moto Pete Do You Believe!!!!!!!!!!!

who framed roger rabbit laser disc

you have to play it slow

6. Uncle_Lina

Uncle_Lina Rubba chicken

There's a topless woman sneaked in Disney's "The Rescuers".
    http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/rescuers.htm
    The Little Mermaid Stuff is fake...

Also, in the Family Guy episode "Sibling Rivalry" when Stewie jumps onto the womans chest, Lois lifts Stewie away and if you freeze frame you can see the womans' nipple

7. mg_winxclub

mg_winxclub We dont do prom, we crash prom

Dexter in Dexter's Laboratory showed his naked butt many times. Can anyone forget Gohan and his naked body front short in early Dragon Ball Z? eeewwwww

What's funny to me is it seems if a baby, then being naked is fine. Imagine that.

8. The Weed Of Cri

The Weed Of Cri Smarter than you

The girls from W.I.T.C.H. lose their clothing when they transform into guardians. Though they curl up in fetal postitions, it's quite clear they are following in the tradition of magical girls who "go natural" during transformation scenes.

Now here's a freaky piece of trivia: The original design for Looney Toons' Tweety had no feathers, like he was just hatched. Warner Brothers' censors made the animators change that because they thought a bird without feathers implied nudity. But for over 60 years, none of them have noticed that Porky Pig doesn't wear pants. Nor does he have the "fur and feathers" excuse used by Bugs, Daffy, Foghorn, Wile E., etc.

9. Zubby

Zubby I'm probably delicious!

I've seen Bart Simpson's bare butt more times than I probably should have. Homer's too, for that matter.

Mac appears nude in an episode of 'Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends'.

Cartman had a full-frontal nude scene in the South Park episode where he thinks he's dead. The same episode also showed Cartman's mom having sex with a delivery man; only a small blanket keeps everything from being visible.

10. Undrave

Undrave Forever Burning Heart!

Well it's more subtle but there's an episode of Totally Spies where you see Sam in the shower, only blocked by the shower curtain (or was it a door? I forgot). That was pretty close to fanservice XD

11. tb4000

tb4000 New Member

The thing is, it's ok to show male butts, but not female ones. Though Family Guy and Futurama, albeit adult shows, have both done it.

12. SSJ Jake

SSJ Jake Pony Sue is Pony

In the episode of The Powerpuff Girls Bare Facts, the Mayor's bare ass can be seen at the end of the episode. Though, it probably wasn't censored out because he's a midget, but if he was tall, it would definetly be censored out.

In an episode of the Fairly Oddparents, Timmy Turner runs around the town naked to try to avoid getting a bath or something like that. At one point when he's hiding behind something, since the object is clear, you could see his crotch area (he has no penis, though).

13. Uncle_Lina

Uncle_Lina Rubba chicken

In a Cow and Chicken episode, Flem and Early had a fight scene, completley naked

14. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator

I don't know if this counts, but the Bruce Wayne clone in B:TAS's "Heart of Steel" two-parter is shown lying naked on a table after being made, with only a small cloud of steam covering its unmentionable area.

Plenty of examples on FAMILY GUY, from the nudist family to Stewie realizing he's naked while talking to the leaders of the world in a dream scene.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2006
  15. ThePeterNetwork

ThePeterNetwork Smurf Life!

Yeah, that Family Guy show can't get enough of that gratuitious nudity, can it? :p

I remember seeing the beginning of this one episode where Peter is dressed in this oyster costume and riding on a discount waterski rig, and then he has a surf mishap which knocks the costume off, exposing himself to the crowd.

And of course, being the dimbulb that he is, Peter forgets to put some clothes on as he pulls in for gas.

I didn't watch the rest of the episode. :sad:

16. J. B. Warner

J. B. Warner Increasing my wordiness

And, of course, there's the infamous split-second cheesecake shot in Tex Avery's 1943 MGM cartoon "Who Killed Who?"

17. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the closing credits of episode 138 of The Simpsons. HARDCORE NUDITY!!

18. Rolling Cloud

Rolling Cloud ...too early....

Naruto's Orioke no Techinque a.k.a Sexy Jutsu & Harem Jutsu.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2008
  19. Moto Pete

Moto Pete Do You Believe!!!!!!!!!!!

shake that booty

20. The Myst

The Myst Truthiness for Springfield

Freeze frame some of the shots during the FCC song that fly through really fast in Family Guy's "PTV" episode.