1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cartoon with a skunk and a machine gun tail

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by saltobello, May 2, 2017.

1. saltobello

saltobello New Member

Hey, Guys...

I'm new to the forum, and I'd say I'm a novice to cartoon expertise. I know more than most people I know, but I'm mostly loyal to what I saw as a kid in the 70s (i.e. Tex Avery, Looney Tunes predominantly). I graciously acquiesce to you guys when it comes to this area.

And so, here's what I'm looking for...

I recall a cartoon I saw frequently as a kid, and I suspect it's an MGM cartoon. It just doesn't feel like a Looney Tunes in my mind; maybe I'm wrong.

It's in a forest setting, with a log cabin. There's a skunk trying to, I don't know, steal from a dog or a bear, maybe. (It's not the Barney Bear cartoon, I know that.) And every time he sprays his scent, he holds his tail like it's a gun and the spray comes out with a machine gun sound effect. Ultimately, the dog/bear falls into a lake and comes out with a cold, making him unable to smell the skunk. As the skunk tries to "shoot" his tail and fails, he shakes his tail. It makes a wonderful sound of a metal gas can with a little liquid in it.

I can't shake this moment. For my personal favorite cartoon moments, it rivals the ending of "Ventriloquist Cat" and most of Pete Puma being destroyed by Bugs.

Does anyone else remember this cartoon?

Thanks in advance!

2. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky Never A Good Bot

It's called, "Odor of the Day", and it's a Looney Tunes cartoon.

3. saltobello

saltobello New Member

Wow. That was fast! Thanks!!!!

4. ToonReel

ToonReel Active Member

Yeah the one Pepe le Pew cartoon that is neither by Chuck Jones (or someone from his unit) or has him doing usual woman chasing shtick. Wish they'd experimented more with Pepe like this.

5. cheril59

cheril59 Member

Fifi la Fume did that machine-gun gag, too, in "Out of Odor".