Cartoon Planet comeback for 2017

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Jonathan Teka, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Jonathan Teka

Jonathan Teka New Member

Remember Cartoon Planet? That block with Brak and Zorak? Where classic Cartoon Network shows would play in like, 11 minute versions? All that happened in 2012 (CN's 20th anniversary). Do you think it should be revived? I think it should, for CN's 25th anniversary. It should air Friday nights at 7pm on Cartoon Network, like the 2012 version.

2. Anonymoususer2004

Anonymoususer2004 Excelsior!

I think it should be revived, but not as Cartoon Planet. Zorak's VA died. I think it would be nice if they did a block that showcased classic CN shows, maybe on the weekends at a decent time slot. My lineup: OG Titans, OG Ben 10, OG PPG, Billy and Mandy, Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Flapjack, Foster's Home, Ed Edd n Eddy, Codename Kids Next Door, Chowder, Regular Show, and more.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Jonathan Teka

Jonathan Teka New Member

Or maybe better, bringing Tooncast to the United States as a digital multicast broadcast network to compete with Retro Television Nework, MeTV, Cozi TV, and Antenna TV.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MegasMilo379

MegasMilo379 Active Member

The title made this post look like it is coming back. I honestly don't care what happens, when I can just go online and watch anytime I want.
    No wait time, no anticipation, no annoyance.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

To be honest, if it ever did come back chances are the block would start off well only to add other shows like Teen Titans Go in the block much like the 2012 version adding other shows at the time, which derailed the block. For that reason I would oppose a block return.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

Or it adds more shows that aren't TTG.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

7. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

I'm probably one of the biggest oldschool CN fans around here, yet I have to disagree and say no. I don't want Cartoon Planet back. The way they brough it back in 2012 was really fitting and almost genius. Without the voice-actors and thus characters they would have to remake the block into something else. I think there are other classic blocks CN could bring back, without their classic hosts, that would make more sense. I can imagine for example a revamped Power Zone/Super Adventures with the TTG:TNBTS narrator for an action block. Or even SuperChunk for special marathons of say older content on rotation. Cartoon Planet? It would be drastically different, probably stop-motion, and I don't think that would feel right. It might work, but purely out of respect for the original team I don't want to see it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Jonathan Teka

Jonathan Teka New Member

What about the 2003 version of Fridays? The hosts are still alive and I guarantee it can return!

9. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing older shows on CN on a Sunday morning block similar to what Boomerang had going on in the early 2000's.

10. Checkerboard

That wouldn't work either. The hosts may be alive, but they're old for this. They'd have to get new ones. Which brings in the issue of live action. Back then it was different, but now after the CN Real live action debacle I doubt people want to see live segments on CN in any form. And third thing is that the original Fridays can't be really topped. Would rather see CN succed with their new NNNN Friday block instead. It's nice you want some old things back, but I think you're looking in wrong places. Sorry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

I vote "no" to bringing back Cartoon Planet.

I vote "OH PLEASE YES!!" to doing a new block that hosts classic cartoon segments (from the Boomerang catalog of cartoons, to the shows from the Powerhouse era on through to the Noods era). Even better if they can do new host intro stuff.

And don't give me that "I can go online and watch it streaming, or just pull out the DVD" rationale, I want it broadcast!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymoususer2004

Anonymoususer2004 Excelsior!

I bet CN is going to drop their New New New New block due to very low ratings, but I kinda hope they don't.

13. Checkerboard

That would be unfortunate and sign of the end times.

14. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

This I agree.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

15. Jonathan Teka

Jonathan Teka New Member

Well there was a unbranded block on Boomerang from June 2016-April 2017 with classic CN shows, so does that count?

16. jaylop97

I'm not sure what does that mean, can you go into detail about what was that?

17. Jonathan Teka

Jonathan Teka New Member

It aired from 10pm-6am, and shows such as KND, Dexter's Lab, Billy and Mandy, Foster's aired.

18. jaylop97

I don't necessarily think that was involved with CP.

19. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

I don't think that reviving Cartoon Planet is a viable option.

20. AmazingGumball

If they were to celebrate their anniversary the best way would be to go all out like they did in the 20th and bring back Cartoon Cartoon Fridays. Can you imagine the potential of having classic cartoons like Ed Edd n Eddy crossover with new ones like Mordecai and Rigby from Regular Show?(excluding TTG and 2016 Ben 10/PPG of course). The VAs for the cartoons are obviously still alive so i think it could've worked. Its sad CN didnt put any effort at all into celebrating though but if they ever did celebrate it, this would been amazing to pull off.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #20 AmazingGumball, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017