1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Cartoon Network Upfront Reveals New Airdates for DC Toons

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Bird Boy, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

News from the Cartoon Network Upfront, held this morning, is that in addition to the end of Justice League Unlimited, we'll see The Batman return to Cartoon Network, as well as the debut of the Teen Titans DTV in the fall.

Original Movies
    · Teen Titans Tokyo: America’s coolest heroes head to Japan in their first animated movie, Teen Titans Tokyo, airing in late fall. When a high-tech ninja attacks Titans Tower, Robin, Starfire, Cyborg, Raven and Beast Boy spring into action. Robin finds out that the ninja was sent by a mysterious and menacing Japanese criminal known as Brushogun, and the Teen Titans travel to Tokyo to track the villain down.

New Episodes of Returning Series
    · Justice League Unlimited: The two-episode conclusion of the popular series will air in April during Toonami. In the final two episodes, a knock-down, drag-out battle on Earth and in space ensues. The Justice League has its hands full with a powerful threat that leads to a new powerful team-up.

· The Batman: This younger Batman confronts each member of his classic Rogues Gallery for the first time, including Joker, Penguin and Catwoman. Twenty-six new episodes of The Batman are slated to begin this summer.

I'm going to assume those TB episodes are seasons 2 and 3, I doubt they'll get a hold of season 4 by summer...

-BB

2. audiecugi

audiecugi I'd like to test that theory!

That sounds interesting

3. A.J

A.J Active Member

So, does this announcement makes official the cancelation of JLU? I guess it does. Good work Cartoon Network :shrug:...

4. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

It's like the fifth official announcement it's cancelled, how many more do you want? :p

-BB

5. A.J

A.J Active Member

Nope, its not. This is the first CN official announcement about it. At least the first one I have seen since rumours started ;)

6. RavenFan17

RavenFan17 Member

That's not what the Toonzone front page says. :confused: Exactly where does it say this?

7. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

It came via a press release from Cartoon Network.

-BB

8. RavenFan17

RavenFan17 Member

Got a link?

9. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

10. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

He means it's the fifth official announcement, not from CN but from all sources. This is the first comment from CN.

11. A.J

A.J Active Member

Yup, thats what I meant: CN. :)

Oh well. I will miss JLU for sure. How about LOSH the series? Any announcement about it?

12. Static

Static I put a shock to your system!

From this morning's upfront:

"A new Legion of Superheroes series is in the works, and though they said the show was still unnamed, CN did say the new show would include Superboy."

13. psifreek28

psifreek28 Member

that is most distressing...it will probably not be in DCAU con. at all...and will use those hideous designs posted a while back...why superboy?

why not just go on with supergirl whom is already in the future?

the future of DC animation is bleaker than bleak.

14. John6777

John6777 Active Member

Not only that but she is in the new Comic Book.

15. psifreek28

psifreek28 Member

very good point.

The irony is when we were all kids Batman TAS hooked us, and lookin back it is barely a kids show...why is it that nowadays everything is drawn skewed and awkward and must be dumbed down or else kids wont like it?

16. Crow

Crow Active Member

BTAS was an abberation.

17. Sage Shinigami

Sage Shinigami Active Member

To each their own, though don't be surprised if someone jumps down your throat for that. :anime:

Superboy sells toys, and let us not forget that it was originally Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes, not Supergirl. You DO bring up a good point about her already being in the future though.

That said...it was confirmed that the designs posted a while ago ARE NOT the ones being used for the toon, thank God.

And I tend to agree with you about the DCAU, but I'm sort of HOPING that Legion is more like JLU than The Batman or TT...

18. Trevor Balena

Trevor Balena Active Member

Um, he wasn't insulting the series, he was complimenting it.

19. Sage Shinigami

Sage Shinigami Active Member

Aberration doesn't usually have positive connotations. So sue me.

20. Death58

Death58 WFWC Vet.

Unfortunately, I'm not truly positive. When Timm and Co were working on BTAS, they weren't talking down to the kids of that time like they were idiots. They gave children more credit back in the day, and they still do this with JLU. The problem is, now the many(not all)people that make cartoon shows sometimes talk down to children and over explain what is going on(to the point of being funny at times). I also believe that it has to do with violent content as well. About thirteen years ago when BTAS aired, parents I can only assume weren't so touchy with adult content in cartoons. Today, people want Spongebob Squarepants off the air(I have no idea if it's still producing new episodes)because they think there are homosexual themes in it. In laymens terms, it's a mixture of considering kids too stupid and over censorship. Whether I'm right or not is up for debate, but this is only my opinion.

As for the announcements, I'm actually rather excited for the new Titans movie. . .and I have to say that the Finale of JLU sounds like it'll really, really fun even though I'm sad that it'll be over after that.