Cartoon Network lands Supernoobs

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by SF4Ever, Aug 13, 2014.

1. SF4Ever

SF4Ever New Member

Part of the new programming direction Cartoon Network is going in on Christina Miller's watch, it landed DHX Media's Supernoobs animated TV series. The program will also air on Canada's Teletoon network. Here's the link:

'Supernoobs' Coming to Teletoon, Cartoon Network | Animation Magazine

I could see it airing on Saturday mornings at around 7:00 a.m., but Miller will make the final decision on what time the program on her network.

2. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Came for the ribs

Looks like CN's version of Penn Zero so I'm not really looking forward to this

3. Rhaynebow

Rhaynebow Active Member

Oui, another 'Superhero kids who still have school' show. The designs look pretty cool, WAY more detail than JT, but goodness gracious, don't they realize that simply putting the heroes in school won't make them 100% relatable to kids? Fighting crime sounds ten times more interesting and kids wanna see something they can't do in the real world.

But an action show is an action show. I hope you're in the mood for science fairs and school dance episodes.

4. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

And it's from the guy who made Johnny Test.
    And we all know how popular that show is!

5. Nexonius

Nexonius Formerly John Dorian

Hm, speaking of superheroes and school, what happened to Sidekick?

6. Trombone77

Trombone77 Member

So, Level Up: The Animated Series? Okay, not all the way, but just a little bit?

I don't think it is going to be an action show. It seems like it will be a comedy with some action thrown in for aesthetic. Like Teen Titans Go! or Sidekick. Either way, I am not looking forward to this. Maybe it's me, but Canadian animation has been kind of low quality lately. The most recently high-quality Canadian animated series (in my opinion) is Detentionaire, which is airing on CN Watch since Cartoon Network seems to want to avoid series with story arcs.

7. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Who has said it will be an action show?
    I personally think it will be like the action-grade of Adventure Time, Teen Titans Go and Sidekick. (which are no action shows, not even close)

8. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Tough as talons! Ca-caw!

Wha? I don't know about this show. On one hand, Supernoobs is made by the creator of Johnny Test, which is generally considered to be one of the worst cartoons that aired on Cartoon Network. On the other hand, it might actually be enjoyable. We'll just have to wait and see, but I'm not convinced yet.

Trombone77, I was thinking the same thing. This show does seem an animated version of Level Up. At the very least, we can't criticize Supernoobs for being live-action. :p

Is it going to be an action show or a comedy show? Who the heck knows? In my opinion, it seems like it may be an action-comedy or a comedy.

Though Adventure Time has more action than the other two shows you mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
  9. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Came for the ribs

This seems more in the line of Sidekicks which was as far as an action show as possible hell Regular Show was more of an action show than Sidekick

10. Gatordragon

Well now I know, after reading the announcement a second time.

DHX Media has gone into production on a brand-new 2D animated kids’ comedy titles Supernoobs, commissioned by Teletoon Canada and acquired by Cartoon Network U.S.

11. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

This really just reminds me of how much I miss Sidekick

at least it does not look as awful as Johnny Test

12. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Me every Thursday

Meh......not sure how I should feel about this, but I guess I can see why Johnny got cancelled.

13. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo We're not cousins!

Yet another show about kids surviving school? I'm failing to see how this qualifies as "a new program direction" for Cartoon Network.

14. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier Wandering about in both ANGER & DISGRACE

Who Dares To Attmept a Rescue From My Lair?
    Nope - I don't see this doing well at all. Especially hearing the Johnny Test people are on it. Goodbye.

Even with Johnny Test gone, they better keep this nonsense away from Primetime as much as possible.

We don't need another show about kids going to and trying to survive school (AND THAT'S IT!!!) getting popular - that's what I have Clarence for, thank you very much (mostly because Clarence is so much more than that, as well, which is what makes it so awesome for me so far!).

I'd rather revisit Detentionaire, also. Pretty Good / Much better show that it gets credit for, compared to the ire this likely will get, just knowing who's working on it...

15. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

Bleh. Yet another show about kids juggling saving the world with the trials and tribulations of middle school (TM). Pass.

Johnny Test at least had an interesting premise with the potential for decent stories, even if it was basically a gender-swapped Dexter's Laboratory told from the perspective of the Dee-Dee character.

16. The ShopSoldier

Noted for victory, Silverstar... It just needed better writing and animation, and BAM! - Awesome show that could have been, unlike what this is inevitably shaping up to be...

Hopefully, it won't be in primetime, so we'll likely all forget it in the end.

Either way, knowing the premise, we all know how this ends, people.

And as for looks, I'm just gonna leave this here...

17. Gatordragon

Judging by the Star brothers and ShopSoldier's posts, apparently shows about school are like the modern military shooters of cartoons. What I mean by that is that they're overused, cliche, and people are tired of them. I never really had that feeling of the school genre, but it's probably because I don't watch many school shows anymore.

18. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

ill pass on this, grojband and sidekick are more better shows to me then this show
    im not much a fan of johnny test, ill watch show if there nothing else on but besides that im not really looking forward to it

19. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

The thing is that I don't see this type of show ever going away.

This story formula was popular since Spiderman introduced it back in the 1960s

We may be tired of it, since we've seen it all, but kids will gobble it all up

20. The ShopSoldier

You forget that future critics everywhere who watch too many of these kinds of shows will grow to hate them, as well.

You're living right if you know not to watch too many shows about the same thing and barely any of them are doing anything unique or original with it... Or better yet, doing it well enough to ignore that cold hard set of facts.