Cartoon Network International News Thread

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Carlos, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Carlos

Carlos New Member

I decided to make a thread to cover the various news and schedule changes that happen on the CN's around the world. I know that there are many people on this forum who are around the world, so it would be interesting to hear about their CN's. Also, Toonami and Adult Swim discussions are allowed here. Let me start it off:

- Starting January 16th, MAR will be joining the Cartoon Network Australia lineup. It will air Monday-Friday at 6 pm.

- It seems Ghost in the Shell has started airing on Adult Swim Australia. Also, Gundam SEED is still on the block, which is good news for Gundam fans.

- Over on the CN Latin America front, Naruto and Viewtiful Joe joins the Toonami lineup. The shows join a diverse block that features Inuyasha, Knights of the Zodiac(Saint Seiya), Samurai Champloo, Ranma 1/2, Samurai X(Rurouni Kenshin), Zatch Bell, Dragonball Z and Pokemon(sorry Sketch, it's on their Toonami too:sweat:).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2007
  2. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

My word it's on Latin America Toonami still? But that means they air Pokemon at some obscene time of night doesn't it?

MAR on CN Australia is neat. I hope they also get Prince of Tennis soon but I'm a bit surprised they got MAR before Bleach.

3. Toons Fan

Toons Fan Member

4. Carlos

Carlos New Member

Yeah, Pokemon airs at 10 pm and has a full hour at 3 in the mourning. Be glad that our Toonami limits it to a half-hour.

I'm also surprised MAR has come so quickly to Australia. I was thinking it would debut this Fall, but I'm clearly wrong.

5. GuardianKid13

GuardianKid13 ....

I heard (here) that PPGZ is gonna air soon on CN LA.

6. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING

Looks like TMNT 2003 has been moved out of Toonami India and put at 11 am. And it's starting from the first episode. The funny thing is, the description for the show is for the old TMNT show.:anime:

Also, one has to wonder when Gundam SEED Destiny will start airing on Adult Swim Australia. It seems Gundam SEED has been on the block for a while.

7. Sketch

Pokemon is on most Toonami blocks around the world.

Also... I half wonder if that look for Toonami (Game On... I guess) is what we'll be seeing in March in the US.

MAR is apparently replacing Naruto for the moment. One hyper active spikey haired blonde shounen hero for another I guess...

I gotta say though CN Australia's line-up is chock full of stuff I'd love to watch. Not the least of which being TMNT 2K3, DB, DBZ, MAR and Zatch Bell all on weekdays. Good times.

8. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING

Looks like the Van Helsing animated DTV movie is going to air on CN Japan. It'll be part of their "Cartoon Network Midnight" showing.

Oh, and IGPX is still part of the Toonami Japan lineup.

9. Carlos

Carlos New Member

I forgot to mention that DBZ is still airing on Toonami Latin America.

10. yoshirider13

yoshirider13 Elite pokemon trainer

Man keep this topic bumped forever this is interesting. So is naruto AU the same as US? Or is it the UK version?

11. Jeff Harris

Jeff Harris Creator/Webmaster, TXB

Dear Kami, I hope not. The "Game On" slogan is already used for the most loathsome show on the block (Yu-Gi-Oh! GX) and I doubt they'd want the premiere block on the network to be associated with that show's slogan.

Also, the graphics look like the Now/Next bumps on Cartoon Network proper, so, I would pray that the "new look" would in no way resemble that.

If it does, we riot.

12. Sketch

Word

13. yoshirider13

yoshirider13 Elite pokemon trainer

If anything, I think thats what the saturday morning bumps should look like...

14. GuardianKid13

GuardianKid13 ....

Does all of CN Europe have the same schedule? Because the websites for all of them have almost all the same shows so I was wondering...

15. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING

I know ChibiGoku has been mentioning this, but Powerpuff Girls Z will start airing on CN Japan in April. No word if the show will air on their Toonami.

16. j3rricab

j3rricab Baroques Works

Same as US airing....well that i have noticed. Nothing seems to be edited out of the episodes.

Its rated PG here as well as Zatch Bell.

17. Kevin

Kevin Active Member

Not all of them. CN of Greece for example airs a lot more of the older CN shows and is not a 24 hour Network.

18. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING

Looking at the timeslot, it looks like it will be part of their Toonami block.

19. Sketch

Saint Seiya Hades eh? Well SS has been airing on Latin America Toonami on and off for quite some time so I guess that's no surprise.

20. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

Though I can't watch it anymore, CN Japan is airing Slayers Next on Toonami and the American Tranformers.

And apparently they now have a block called World Tour, where they show cartoons from all parts of the world. Right now they're highlighting Canada, with cartoons like Angela Anaconda, Babar, and Atomic Betty.
    How cool is that?

And it looks like they'll finally air the last season of Teen Titans.