1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Cartoon Network December Schedule Update

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Duke, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Duke

Duke Truer Words Were Never Spoken

Almost a new month, which means more schedule updates! Yay!

- December means Christmas specials. And hoo boy does CN have a lot of them. Sprinkled all throughout the month is virtually every single holiday special CN has access to. Pokémon, Johnny Bravo, EE&E, Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Mr. Magoo, Powerpuff Girls, etc.

- Christmas Eve is an all-day Christmas special marathon. It starts with 12 Tiny Christmas Tales & Mr. Magoo's Christmas at 6AM, and ends with an encore of Pee-Wee's Playhouse Christmas Special at 5AM.

- Ben 10's 30th Episode, Merry Christmas, premieres Monday, December 11th at 7PM. It was also rerun in its Saturday slot the following weekend. That's it for new episodes until next year.

- Pokémon: Battle Frontier continues its weekday premieres until December 14th. The last three episodes have no English title as of yet, which makes it seem as though CN's finally run out of episodes. These episodes will rerun in the usual Saturday timeslot.

- Oddly enough, the 10AM movie slot actually has a premiere, as The Adventures of Brer Rabbit airs at 10AM on December 5th.

- .hack//ROOTS and Dragonball Z continue their Friday night runs and are not interrupted by any of the holiday specials.

- Cartoon Network premieres its new series Idaten Jump every Thursday and Friday at 6AM, starting December 7th. No, I don't know why they bought the series if they're only going to air it there, so don't ask. Transformers Cybertron will continue to air at 6AM Monday-Wednesday.

- Re-Animated premieres December 8th, but you all probably knew that. It'll repeat time and time again this month in case you missed it the first time.

- New episodes of Class of 3000 and Juniper Lee on December 15th.

- The final week of December finds movies airing in CN Primetime. Monday the 26th is Spirited Away, Tuesday the 27th is Kangaroo Jack: G'Day USA, Wednesday the 28th is The Road to El Dorado, Thursday the 29th is The Iron Giant, and Friday the 30th is Re-Animated.

- Nothing new on the Miguzi front. Robotboy still continues to air episodes in reverse order, and Pokémon restarts Advanced Battle.

- On the Toonami front, an extre premiere episode of Zatch Bell replaces Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. Two new items (which I can't reveal for another week or so) appear on the schedule at the end of the month, and New Year's Eve Eve has Toonami airing movies instead of its usual lineup (with the first movie beginning at 6:30PM).

- Over at Adult Swim, FLCL replaces Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex after 2nd GIG is over.

- On the week of the 11th, Aqua Teen Hunger Force is bumped off for holiday specials from The Boondocks, Stroker & Hoop, Robot Chicken, Moral Orel, and the holiday-themed episodes of Aqua Teens. This all culminates on the 14th when Pee-Wee's Playhouse Christmas Special airs at 10:30PM, followed by The Boondocks' Christmas episode.

- The Saturday before Christmas will see the premiere of the 4th InuYasha movie, Fire on Mystic Island, followed by encores of Movie 3, Sword on an Honorable Ruler, and Movie 2, Castle Beyond the Looking Glass.

- Christmas Eve will see virtually every single Christmas-themed episode from all of Adult Swim's comedies, with the only premiere being that of Assy McGee.

- Finally, during the last week in December, AS goes into marathon mode. Monday is The Venture Brothers, Tuesday is The Boondocks, Wednesday is Robot Chicken, Thursday is Squidbillies, Saturday is Bleach, and Sunday is Metalocalypse.

2. PC!

PC! lolwut?

So, Pee-Wee spills over from Adult Swim to regular CN programming.

I looked up Idaten Jump. The character designs totally remind me of Beyblade. Apparently it's a bike-racing anime.

3. Duke

Nope, it doesn't. Stays on Adult Swim.

4. Bryan

Bryan TZ Schedules Admin

All those dates should be pushed back one day.

Plus, starting next Monday, Billy & Mandy will no longer air on weeknights, as it's 8:30PM slot will go to the alternating repeats of Gym Partner, Class of 3000, Squirrel Boy, etc.

5. ChibiGoku

ChibiGoku Something Not Quite Right

Wait, who owns the license to Idaten Jump? Because that's news to me.

6. oofadoofa

oofadoofa Member

Hey Duke, is it too early to get a Christmas Eve schedual? I want to see exactly what Christmas Specials are being shown, and if we're getting Flinstones Christmas Carol or Toonheads Christmas this year."Because that would make my day."

7. vanidad

vanidad Art you are very special...

go the month of December goes to do super special.:D

it is the first time what do I see Ben 10 it participated in the special of Christmas of cartoon network.:)

Merry Christmas to all.:anime:

8. PC!

PC! lolwut?

Whoops, that's what I get for not looking at the time. ^^;;

9. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING
    Staff Member Moderator

Is the Looney Tunes Christmas Special still airing Duke?

10. Duke

Yea, it's still airing, though since it was in last month's grids (which went up to December 3rd), I kinda forgot about it. It, like the other movies CN has been premiering lately, will also get about 10,000 reruns this month.

11. Hyper Shadow X

Hyper Shadow X Lover of Fate-Chan

So pokemon stop's showing eppys guess new ones will be back in janurary I guess.

12. Mr. Manager

Mr. Manager Active Member

= [

I'm disappointed that for the third year in a row, Space Ghost Christmas will not be shown.

13. livingfruitvirus

livingfruitvirus No! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Hasbro.

14. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

Hasbro has the rights, but they've onl mentioned it on their video site.

15. oofadoofa

oofadoofa Member

Come on, can someone please post up the full list of Christmas specials?

16. Duke

I will next week.

17. oofadoofa

oofadoofa Member

Thanks, man.

18. calimike

calimike Member

19. PeppeRaskell1

PeppeRaskell1 Peanutized!!!

Just for that night, or forever?

PeppeRaskell1
    "Define 'forever' at CN..."

20. Duke

Dunno. The only other December Toonami airing is going to be pre-empted by movies, so we'll have to wait for the new year.