1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cartoon Network/Boomerang Technical Glitches

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Kung-Fu Yoshi, Apr 7, 2014.

1. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

Weird. That's like a channel airing an unfinished episode.

2. TheCatDevil

TheCatDevil Everybody lives a sad life.

On April 22, 2014, The 7:00pm & 7:15pm airings of Uncle Grandpa switched episodes.

3. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Here if I feel like it

During yesterday's Clarence, the CN bug disappeared.

4. Kung-Fu Yoshi

Kung-Fu Yoshi Active Member

I remember when they first showed the Steven Universe episode ''Arcade Mania'' on Pizza Night with Pizza Steve, it was sped up. Not in the PAL way, but in the ''squeeze-in-more-commercials'' kind.

5. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

I was watching an Adventure Time repeat once on Cartoon Network around 4pm when suddenly this ad for something called "Qwest Chat" comes on. The ad wasn't particularly inappropriate but it was for a phonesex line which surprised me because those usually get shown late night. I think the cable advertisement placers switched around 4pm and 4am on accident, considering I've seen these ads on Adult Swim as well.

6. Kung-Fu Yoshi

Kung-Fu Yoshi Active Member

Sometimes my cable company shows local commercials, and tthe outlines are a bit jagged. It often lasts until... I don't know. It only occurs on the old SD cable box in my parents' room. The jagged lines invade the show, and the quality suffers a bit. This also happens with other Turner networks, Spike, and maybe a few others.

It's easy to fix by changing the channel and changing it back.

7. Just an old VCR

Just an old VCR The boss!

The thread seems to be dying. Don't worry I'll revive it. I kind of forgot about this one until yesturday when it came to me at random. Anyway, here in the UK CN has aired about four different versions of the Regular Show episode Caffeinated Concert Tickets. And of course as you probably already know RS is censored here in the UK along with this episode. Here's info for the Caffeinated Concert Tickets episode along with all the other episode censors It seems kinda cliche to say "Regular Show Uncensored"..

8. RandomMe

The rest of Europe also has those edits...

9. Just an old VCR

Is it censored on CN PT?

10. RandomMe

Yes.
    I got annoyed when CN HQ premiered the show with British edits, and I thought that only CN UK aired RS with edits until when CN HQ premiered it.

11. RegularCapital

RegularCapital The Third Dimension

Well, they will have to comply to the Ofcom Broadcasting Code and British Broadcasting laws as most of the EMEA feeds are based in Soho, London and broadcasted via Arqiva's playout centre which is also in London. CN Turkey can show programmes uncensored as it's broadcasted by a local partner.

12. RandomMe

I wish that CN PT had a Portuguese license...

13. Just an old VCR

Well at least they don't premiere the Australian version. Looking at a few YouTube clips they're slightly rushed and they don't seem to put a lot of effort into them. I mean c'mon if you're gonna censor something you could at least put some work into it. Of course it'd be better if they didn't censor it at all but still.
    [video=youtube;OmmzJUPeMSQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmmzJUPeMSQ[/video]
    Sorry this was all I could find. I tried looking on their channel but either it had the European censors (CN AU tends to take some of our censors for cussing and such) or it wasn't censored at all.

14. TheCatDevil

TheCatDevil Everybody lives a sad life.

Ah, that happened to Uncle Grandpa when it premiered.

15. RandomMe

That never happened on CN HQ because their bug is always intact during breaks.

16. Just an old VCR

To be honest, I don't get why screen bugs on American TV stations always have to disappear about 5 seconds before a commercial break and they never return until about 5 seconds after the show starts/continues. I know it's a really minor thing but the thought kind of bugs me sometimes (no pun intended) because here in the UK the screen bug (otherwise known over here as a DOG for digital on-screen graphic) stays the entire time. And sometimes also during commercial breaks depending on which channel your watching. So yeah.

17. RandomMe

There was an Angelo's Tips short that had the original French title card intact for a nanosecond (Angelo la d├ębrouille et ses bons plans).

18. Rhaynebow

Rhaynebow Well-Known Member

One time years ago I was Bobobo on Toonami and I guess someone got their tapes mixed up because the show suddenly had a TV-PG rating and the Narrator opened by saying how the characters were doing something 'Just for the hell of it'.

• Like Like x 1
  19. akiue.

akiue. umm hello wat

Power Tower colouring error. Jeebus, my eyes.

20. Just an old VCR

Did you know that Cartoon Network Philippines used to air...The Simpsons? I mean c'mon seriously this is coming from the same country that censors Regular Show and Adventure Time to death. They've even done a few edits to Gumball, The Looney Tunes Show and Chowder according to Wikia. I did try looking for a promo on YouTube but I think they might've been deleted. I found a couple of videos last year. That's how I found out about it. Anyway yes The Simpsons used to air on CN PH back in 2006. I'm not sure it was censored or not but it had a PG rating.