1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cartoon Network/Boomerang Technical Glitches

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Kung-Fu Yoshi, Apr 7, 2014.

1. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

I only remember seeing the "TNT & Cartoon Network" logo on a TV guide magazine back when I was... 1 or 2.
    That's probably my most remote memory of Cartoon Network.
    @szjdfgs remembers the time where CTCD played for a few minutes and TCM started a little late.
    In January, @Ákos97HU has seen TCM end fourteen minutes late:
    [​IMG]

2. RegularCapital

RegularCapital The Third Dimension

I had TNT on Analogue Cable (also the version used on Sky) between 1993-2000 when it timeshared with Cartoon Network. CN used to finish for the day at 7pm then it was changed to 9pm in September 1996. A 24 hour service was launched on 19th December 1996, but only a few cable companies such as CableTel (later called NTL) had that feed.

There were instances when the bouncing blocks were played for over a minute during the CN/TNT transition though. If Wizard of Oz was playing that incident must of happened before 15th October 1999.

#62 RegularCapital, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
  3. BobbyMayes

BobbyMayes Member

I now know what the noise is in this video. See in the post below. :v:

4. BobbyMayes

BobbyMayes Member

Listen to the noise at 0:04:

[video=youtube;PSr2vvVZgUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSr2vvVZgUE[/video]

Sound familiar? I think this commercial was played before the RS episode, and it played in a loop on their transmitters. They became aware within minutes of this, and fixed it. Problem solved, case closed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RandomMe

I thought that the sound was from Regular Show...
    ...when it turns out that it came from a commercial.

6. BobbyMayes

BobbyMayes Member

Now at first I thought the sound was from a nearby train.

The sources from here tell of the ad's continuation, and to this day, it still plays. It had to have been airing back then, because the date on the commercial's YouTube page is June 14, 2013 (when the problem occurred on August 12). I don't see these commercials in Mexico, so it must be confined to the United States. Then again, no one would find this ad of humor over here.

7. TheCatDevil

TheCatDevil Everybody lives a sad life.

Right now, the Diary of a Wimpy Kid credits are small. They don't fit the credits box.

8. TheCatDevil

That error is similar to Handy Manny airing adult content, but that's a different story.

9. RandomMe

They had no other remedy to do it for the credits of that movie...

10. Just an old VCR

Just an old VCR The boss!

You know what's weird. Last year on CN UK they aired the RS episode Bad Kiss back in April and then in May for half-term they air Exit 9B and then they don't air Sugar Rush until September. I don't know why they couldn't just pair Sugar Rush with Bad Kiss back in April. That's what's weird about it. Sorry if I didn't explain it very well I'm just not good at explaining complicated things like this.

11. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

I remember a new episode of Regular Show (I think the one where Mordecai and Rigby watch after Death's kid) was rated TV-Y7-FV when it first aired, but got fixed to TV-PG in the reruns.

12. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I remember once during Cartoon Cartoon Fridays both Ed Edd n Eddy and Courage (and possibly others) were all rated TV-Y.

13. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Here if I feel like it

I remember at some point Courage was rated TV-14, and a couple times when the "Last But Not Beast" episode of Dexter's Lab was rated TV-Y on CN (Boomerang did this as well, but not a lot).

14. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

Ruroni Kenshin had a TV-Y rating once, but that was part of the Hamtaro mixup (I think).

The Naruto OVA "Mission: Protect the Waterfall Village!" got a TV-Y7-FV at one point, but it normally aired where programming with that rating aired, so CN likely just forgot to update the prompt (all reruns restored the TV-PG-V).

An ad for Blue Dragon mentioned a TV-PG rating, but it was always TV-Y7-FV.

15. TheCatDevil

On April 20, 2014, The schedule was mixed up. I dunno what did it, but it caused the shows to be 11 minutes early. And yes, they got Adult Swim on time.

16. Kung-Fu Yoshi

Kung-Fu Yoshi Active Member

One Sunday in early 2013, they scheduled a few episodes of Regular Show to air after ''Chill Out, Scooby-Doo''. For some reason, the movie ran past its timeslot, and so the the first scheduled episode of RS was delayed to roughly 3:15 PM instead of 3. Then they skipped the second scheduled episode and aired the third, scheduled to air at 3:30, at 3:30.

17. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Here if I feel like it

I noticed that too, it must of had to do with The Wizard of Oz ending early or something.

18. RandomMe

I also have that "length of The Wizard of Oz" theory as well.

19. BlooMac

BlooMac Well-Known Member

Whoa, that does looks weird. I assume that was after they introduced Adult Swim and they just mixed up the rating bugs. You can see a recording of it in this video at 0:43.

20. TheCatDevil

On April 21, 2014, The 1:30pm airing of Steven Universe had the credits slowed down.

On the same day, the 7:00pm airing of Clarence had the Work In-Progress intro air instead of the finished version.