1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Cartoon Network/Boomerang Technical Glitches

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Kung-Fu Yoshi, Apr 7, 2014.

1. PowderedToastMan

PowderedToastMan New Member

Not sure if this counts, but after tonight's Rick and Morty, the Adult Swim logo bug stayed on screen during the first two commercials.

2. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

Last August, CN USA's audio was interrupted by a looping noise for a little while:
    [video=youtube;s7pb1vHv2sg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7pb1vHv2sg[/video]

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. Convoy Rat

Convoy Rat Member

Nobody remembers the little snail that stayed at the bottom of the screen during the first airing of the Teen Titans episode "Hide and Seek"?

4. RandomMe

A snail? Was it from a special that aired before that?

5. epicrandomguy

epicrandomguy Member

6. Kung-Fu Yoshi

Kung-Fu Yoshi Active Member

That's great. Hope to see them.

7. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I actually remember that. I didn't really watch Teen Titans, but I still remember seeing that. I don't know if I just saw it online or what.

8. Just an old VCR

Just an old VCR The boss!

Alright so you know how in the UK we get an extended version of the TAWOG theme song? Yeah well I heard in the US it's been played on mistake a couple of times. The first time was during the premiere of the DVD in May 2011, and it's also happened another few times mainly when the Quest is played.

9. RandomMe

The test audiences didn't like it...

10. Just an old VCR

Just an old VCR The boss!

I know I was just pointing out that it's been played a few times on accident.

11. RegularCapital

RegularCapital The Third Dimension

Now here's a blast from the past on the CN UK/EMEA feed (Note the frozen CN cubes and the double DOG at 0:51), and yes I do remember Toon Byte.

[video=youtube;iS1cvp-ScXQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS1cvp-ScXQ[/video]

12. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

I have to admit that double logo was actually pretty nice :D

13. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

14. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Here if I feel like it

A couple times I've seen commercials for R-rated movies play on CN, another thing is that during Gumball last year (I think it was during a new episode) the CN logo bug was placed a little farther than it usually is.

And of course, the SD feed for CN (this was when they screwed up the SD feed) the screen was all shaky and interlaced. Speaking of interlaced video, a couple of older CN shows had a handful of episodes interlaced and slightly sped up (the ones that got the worst of it were the PPG episodes "Moral Decay/Meet the Beat Alls", Ed boys episode "All Eds Are Off/Smile for Ed", poor Lazlo had the majority of the series aired this way, and a few more). Also of course, the Ed, Edd n Eddy episode "Pop Goes the Ed/Over Your Ed" aired in PAL a couple of times, and since 2011 CN would air the Eds letterboxed despite Seasons 1-4 not being HD (however, Season 5 was aired in HD around that time).

15. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

I remember when, in September 2012 (I think), the Dutch Cartoon Network started airing Sheep in the Big City in segments of 10 minutes @_@

They’d cut every episode into 3 segments (Part 1 and fake commercials – Part 2 and fake commercials – Part 3 and ranting Swede) and they were airing those parts in a random order DX You couldn’t understand anything!

I recorded those segments thus I could watch them in the right order. (But then I still couldn't see the shorts before the intro, when Sheep is watching tv, or the shorts after the ending credits) However, after a few months they saw how ridiculous it was and then they started airing complete episodes again :)

16. Planty

Planty Hix Nix Pix, Flick Needs Fix

17. RandomMe

Something similar happened with Boomerang in 2010.

18. Kung-Fu Yoshi

Kung-Fu Yoshi Active Member

That noise is seriously annoying,

19. RandomMe

It looks like it came from an episode and the "incomplete" noise repeated on CN for minutes on end.

20. THGhost

THGhost Member

Wow, I remember TNT. One time I caught CN UK right before midnight when it switched over to TNT Movies and started showing The Wizard of Oz. :p