1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cartoon Network/Boomerang Technical Glitches

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Kung-Fu Yoshi, Apr 7, 2014.

1. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

Yes, that purple screen with grey rectangles on it. I remember seeing some overlay rectangles when the channel returned from one of these incidents. It happened during Tom and Jerry (in the episode where Tom shouts "One for the money, two for the show..."). I remember seeing the letters "NTL" in one of these incidents.
    And let's not forget one Sunday afternoon where a PPG episode (Slave The Day) aired in Spanish (Menudo Día).

2. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

I thought it was the other way around ^^;;

I also remember recently, a new Gumball episode aired in an arbitrary weekday morning slot, despite being advertised to air in its regular primetime slot. The bumper even said, "Tuesday at 8pm - All New Gumball!" many times during it.

A Scaredy Squirrel episode also had this - originally it was supposed to air Wednesday night, though the show only aired on weekday mornings and weekend afternoons. It aired one weekend afternoon, without the "NEW EPISODE" bug, and my DVR caught it, but when it aired again one morning after that, the "NEW EPISODE" bug was on that rerun.

A few times, the [adult swim] bug came up from the corner instead of the Cartoon Network bug. The most famous example was during the One Piece episode "No Way Out" I think back in 2007, but it's happened before at one point with something weirder...

One morning, I saw the Foster's movie "House of Bloo's". I think this was back in '05. The movie started from the second act, which was replayed and continued as normal. But from the second act onward, the [adult swim] bug was seen once again.

One thing I remember that infuriated fans was the Naruto episode "The Third Hokage Forever." I never saw this error, but from what I heard, during a scene where Kakashi said, "I've been here since d-" (dawn) that line was repeated, followed by a Cartoon Network fence, then the credits were cut to 10 minutes early, messing up the tape and causing One Piece, MAR, and The Prince of Tennis all to start early - even [adult swim] started early.

3. RegularCapital

RegularCapital The Third Dimension

National Transcommunications Limited, they used to provide satellite uplink services for Turner EMEA, it is known as Arqiva now and recently won the contract for both EMEA and APAC areas.

4. RandomMe

I know about that, didn't know about them having the contract for the Asia-Pacific region.
    I haven't seen a screen like that in AGES! Especially in the Arqiva era.

5. RegularCapital

Except the fact that you wouldn't of known until I told you....

Another weird thing to mention is that CN UK has recently moved their bug from the bottom right corner to the top right, matching the APAC region feeds and they brought back the 1 hour timeshift service after 8 years when it was removed and replaced with CN TOO.

6. RandomMe

Now imagine if CN UK aired the short "It's A Fun Thing" music video. I know it from heart. (despite not living in Asia)

7. epicrandomguy

epicrandomguy Member

Oh yeah, also there was a time where I believe Cartoon Network was airing Regular Show (That's My Television) and there was some weird sounds playing in a loop...

8. ECDT1089

ECDT1089 That Car Genius

Back during the Powerhouse era when episodes of Popeye were aired overnight, they would air it with Huckleberry Hound bumpers for some season.......I can't believe I remember that. It was so long ago.

9. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

Oh, yes, also, when Cartoon Network was airing .hack//Roots in the graveyard hours, the promos during it were for My Gym Partner's a Money.

10. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 Evil PLANS...

i remember last year when tom and jerry was on it ended the short and start playing courage then cn cuts it off and plays tom and jerry again

11. RandomMe

Two years ago, I've read that CN PL premiered an episode of The Amazing World of Gumball...
    ...in Hungarian.

12. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I remember once around 2002 what sounded like Spanish was being spoken over English. It was weird. I don't remember if I am getting two incidents mixed up or not, but I remember the Kids Next Door episode Operation DOGFIGHT being aired with a Spanish title card, and with the old logo (this was shortly after the logo change in 2004). Another incident I can recall probably around 2005 or during the summer (or perhaps another weekday when I didn't have school) CN being 15 minutes off schedule until an episode of KND was played to fill time.

13. Kung-Fu Yoshi

Kung-Fu Yoshi Active Member

I didn't see a new episode indicator during the new Steven Universe episode. Is that weird, or is it a new thing now?

14. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Earlier this year they aired the Power Puff Girls in French and English audio at the same time.

15. epicrandomguy

epicrandomguy Member

I didn't even notice that but you're right. Strange.

16. RandomMe

No, that was the Brazilian Portuguese dub.

17. RegularCapital

18. RandomMe

I recall seeing CN HQ airing the very first NANOSECOND of the intro to Casper's Scare School a lot of times in 2011.

19. Kung-Fu Yoshi

Kung-Fu Yoshi Active Member

I saw the new episode bug during ''Skips' Story''. So, it was an error during SU.

EDIT: Screenshots of errors, or video, may be provided if possible.

20. Dantheman

Dantheman Active Member

I remember in 2004 or 2005, at around 10:30 P.M one night, they played the intro to G.I. Joe: ARAH fo no reason. I was amazed and dumstrucked at the same time. Must've been someone nostalgic manning the feed that night at about the time of the Adult Swim switchover.