1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cartoon Network and Boomerang Renewal/Cancellation Thread

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by ToonJay723, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I rather a creator decide to end a show as opposed to it just going on forever, it's extremely rare for a show to run for years and still be good. I almost reached the point that I'm starting to miss the 65 episode rule networks and studios had. That way creators can make the best show they can in as few episodes they're given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

3. Gatordragon

Gatordragon You are a pebble against a mountain!

...Did we just get played by Bocquelet? The way he worded that tweet yesterday made us all think that Gumball was ending and now he clarifies that he's just leaving the show? ...That son of a biscuit. Dude sure knew how to push our buttons. Just look at the discussion he caused.

4. PinkiePie97

I know. I guess it should've sounded like he was just leaving when he said "six is my last" (keyword MY), but it still sounded like the show was ending.

5. ZanyLogic5

ZanyLogic5 Active Member

#85 ZanyLogic5, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  6. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Well.., not to be mean, I mean I loved the show, but there's one big problem, with him leaving the show, and we pretty much don't know of who replacing Bocquelet, or how the show's quality would end up as.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Well based on this tweet though...

I think it's signifying the show is still ending but there may be more Amazing World of Gumball material after that like a special or spin off or something like that that Ben Bocquelet won't be involved with as his tweets seem to indicate the show is ending and he's leaving it. But there may be more related content which could still be good if that's the case but I think it seems to be.

8. PinkiePie97

There's also no guarantee Cartoon Network will still renew it past season 6.

9. JoyofCrimeArt

JoyofCrimeArt New Member

Also are we sure it's saved? Cause he also posted this tweet where he says that "we're bringing Gumball to it's final episode." So not only is he not the only one leaving, but he outright says the season six finale is the end of Gumball. Gumball.png
    Is it possible that Gumball is ending and when he says "This isn't the end of Gumball" he could be talikng about bring the characters back in the future, maybe in some kind of sequel comic or something, like Samurai Jack did for instance? I'm not saying that that's for sure what's going on or anything, but it could be a possibility.

10. PinkiePie97

I knew about that tweet, but forgot about it when I saw the other one. This has definitely been confusing to say the least.

11. copper20

copper20 Member

TTG gets a fourth season? God dammit Christina... still on drugs likely.

12. PinkiePie97

Well, it is the highest rated show on the network. I want it gone too, but as long as it keeps doing so well, I don't think that's going to happen.

13. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Nah - I think I'll be much happier if Gumball is actually ending after 6 seasons. Hopefully, Bocquelet is telling the truth this time on that one, too. More importantly, I'd rather see the talent involved go on to work on new and different things that are just as good, if not better, as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

I think we all want Teen Titans GO! to end, but as long as the marks (target audience) continues to tune in to what seems to be a dozen screenings a day, CN will keep it going. I'm surprised Clarence has lasted as long as it did, considering its creator left CN before season 1 had finished airing. Not a fan of Gumball, but it has the marks addicted to it as well.

Just waiting for Justice League Action to launch next month.

15. Insomnia

Insomnia Member

sounds like season 6 will end with what they envision as the series finale and ben will move onto new things but in the end I guess it's up to CN if they want to continue it afterwords. honestly I hope it ends right there as 6 seasons is a very nice place to end it imo. gonna miss this show as it's quickly became one of my fav cartoons of this decade, at least we have like over 2 more years of new episodes with ben.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Nexonius

Nexonius Ten, count em', ten years!

Not to derail the topic, but what made you think saying that about someone was okay in anyway?

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. Gatordragon

Gatordragon You are a pebble against a mountain!

I agree with Nexonius, copper20. It's one thing to not like the choices Miss Miller makes, but to accuse her of doing drugs? That's taking it too far, boyo...

Anyway, I have zero interest in Teen Titans Go, so whether it continues or ends is not my concern. [​IMG]

18. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I think that we can avoid throwing such harsh insults towards people who work at Cartoon Network too. It's one thing to be upset over a show you don't like getting renewed, but taking it as far as stating that they have to be on drugs to make that decision is incredibly offensive. Please don't take your issues with Teen Titans Go that far and this applies to everyone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. SparkleMan

SparkleMan Well-Known Member

I thought TTG was cancelled.

20. PinkiePie97

No, it was never cancelled. Not sure where you got that idea.

21. SparkleMan

SparkleMan Well-Known Member

Well, not cancelled, but last time I checked it wasn't renewed.