1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cartoon Network and Boomerang Renewal/Cancellation Thread

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by ToonJay723, Aug 27, 2016.

1. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about a few new shows by the time of next year's upfront.

2. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Do "last" and "final" mean the same thing in the US? : / Of course there is still a sixth season, which might be the final one, but at the moment season 5 is the "last season" since season 6 hasn't started yet.

3. PinkiePie97

Actually, one of the definitions of last is the same as final. I'm starting to lean towards season 6 being the last, but either way, he still could've worded it a little better.

4. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

Man. Uncle Grandpa's been cancelled, Regular Show's getting cancelled, Clarence might be cancelled...Cartoon Network better have some strong original series lined up to replace these in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

Damn feels like yesterday Gumball had 2 new seasons now season 6 might be its last. On one hand its gonna last 6 years something most cartoons wished they last this long on the other hand after episodes like The Fury and the season finale I was hoping for it to be like Ed edd eddy and last a decade

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

Hopefully OK KO and twelve forever gets picked up

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Well based on my assumption, I'm assuming that Mighty Magisword maybe replacing Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa probably being replaced by a Ben 10 reboot (i think), with Clarence's fate remains uncertain or unknown, the same goes with Steven Universe (for which idk if it's possible for a sixth season), pretty much we don't know of who's replacing Gumball and others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Same here

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Agreed. Those two were the best CN pilots in the past three years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

Mighty Magiswords replaces Uncle Grandpa

Ben 10 (Reboot) replaces Regular Show

OK K.O. Lets Be Heroes replaces Clarence

I agree with you, but switched things up just by a little. These are all predictions because we don't have concrete proof that RS and Clarence are actually canceled/ending production. If Gumball is ending, then we can expect more shows coming later in the future. CN has a ton of pilots they can greenlit, and here are the ones that I specifically want:

The Paranormal Roommates one is the one I wish to be greenlit the most. It gives me a huge Regular Show vibe.

11. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

I agree with you with the Paranormal Roommates part, but even though I don't think that Benton Connor will be interested with green-liting something that is way too much like Regular Show (this is not based on my personal opinion), while Back to the Backspace and Twelve Forever seems like a good candidate for everyone to see, but likewise I'm not sure of who's replacing Gumball.

12. PinkiePie97

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. ZanyLogic5

ZanyLogic5 Active Member

14. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

At least season 5 just began, so we have around 2 more years to spare... :oops:

15. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

Wait, Gumball's ending too? Dang. Well, at least it was out of the creator's decision instead of cancellation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Gumball going out on a high note? Because the creator WANTED to? Fine by me. He did good making this show so damn awesome in the first place. Here's hoping it finishes up just as much starting with Season 5, too.

I second that the only feasible replacements for all these ending/cancelled shows seem to be Twelve Forever, OK-KO, abd maybe (just maybe) Back to Backspace. However, I can only be convinced these are good replacements if the writing quality can be up to par enough to be engaging by more than just "the target audience". Then I'll be sure CN is in good hands, going forward.

As for negatives - I can't see Paranormal Roomates being any sort of hit, to be honest. I also really pray CN doesn't pick up anything like Bottom's Butte, either.

17. Nexonius

Nexonius Ten, count em', ten years!

Wow, Gumball's ending as well. Cartoon Network must be ready to supply a new renaissance of cartoons soon.

18. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Or Apple & Onion, which I don't think it's good idea to get picked for a full series since it wasn't enough to satisfy me or others i think, while for some of them, like O.K K.O and twelve forever is what every one wants, and for Paranormal Roommates is way past tense, and it might end up on others in other networks or it remains abandoned.

19. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I'm surprised to hear Gumball's ending but at least it makes sense that it's Ben Bocquelet and team's decision to do so. Because no way would CN be cancelling the show itself considering next to Teen Titans Go it's by far the most run and replayed show currently airing on CN with at least two hours per day scheduled for it at more peak hours. And honestly as much as fans of Gumball may not like the show ending honestly it's had a rather long and solid run and really a lot of these runs in the new CN era are a lot longer then for the most part any CN show had previously. Again even the most popular CN shows before Adventure time like Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Billy and Mandy and Kids Next Door had at most 78 half hours/ about 150 something eleven minute segments worth of episodes while obviously Regular Show, Gumball and heck even Uncle Grandpa will be ending with that and then some.

20. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

6 Seasons does sound good enough for Gumball, and because this ending result is because of the creator not CN it is a promising look, since the show has done a good job and should get a hearing from the creator not CN, because if they ever continue a show without the creator that site wouldn't be good for the show.