1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cartoon characters in their underwear

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Dantheman, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mittenz

Mittenz Loud.Electronic.Ferocious .

Courage the dog, I believe, wore underwear.

2. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

There was an episode of G.I. Joe I remember where some of the Joes, including Lady Jaye, are turned into kids. Because they no longer fit Lady Jaye loses those yellow pants she wore and fights pantsless as a kid. Her shirt is big enough to mostly cover her butt (the way I remember it, she may have found some kid-sized pants later, but I remember she jumps out of her pants) and this is treated as no big deal, until they return to being adults and the final "laugher" is her peeking around the wall, embarassed and red-faced at her pantslessness. Searching online I can see it was "Grey Hairs and Growing Pains" and she said "I think I've grown a little too big for my britches." This joke doesn't make sense if she, as I remember it, wasn't wearing any, but I think it's right and the logic bothered me even as a kid.

This incident was important milestone in a journey I like to call "The Sexual Awakening of Shawn W. Hopkins."

Patrick Star took his pants off in an episode of Spongebob Squarepants and we could see he wears tighty-whiteys too.

3. stephane dumas

stephane dumas Well-Known Member

does wedgies counts as well? The Mask put often Lt. Kellaway's boxer shorts on his head.

In the Inspector Gadget episode "Dry Spell", Gadget is in underwear for a short moment.

4. Anarky

Anarky Team Conan

The Joker has dropped trou in several eps:

Harley & Ivy
    Make' Em Laugh
    Mad Love

btw what about Harley in "Holiday Knights" and "Mad Love"

5. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I remember one episode of Ed Edd n Eddy that showed Nazz in a pair of boxers and another when she was running around in nothing but an undershirt and panties

6. Leviathan

Leviathan "It's against nature!"
    Staff Member Moderator

How does this Thread reach two pages without a single reference to Ren and Stimpy and Rocko? Hell, a homeless guy was featured on Ren and Stimpy in his underwear for no particular reason at all.

7. Dantheman

Dantheman Active Member

I remember in another episode of G.I. Joe, Lady Jaye is at a department store and goes into a changing room to try on a dress,and you can see her wearing a slip. Another episode (I believe the one where Dusty contemplates defecting to Cobra due to family issues), had at the end a bunch of Cobra soldiers losing their clothes,all except their underwear, due to some weapon Cobra created. Yet even another episode had Shipwreck and Zartan in their underwear,with Shipwreck wearing tighty-whities and Zartan black speedo-like briefs. In hindsight, they were pretty daring in that regard.

8. Umino

Umino Honey Flash?

Megu from Majokko Megu-chan wasconstantly seen in her underwear, or see-through nightie...

[​IMG]

9. MegaJ

MegaJ Like a spring breeze.

We should compile a list of which characters where boxers or briefs. :D

Someone pointed out that you see more male characters than female characters in their underwear, for supposed "sexual connatations" for female characters. I don't know how much is this is true, I saw Sissi on Code Lyoko in her bra and panties (she was alone, I think getting ready to get dressed/take a bath) and immediately I thought "FANSERVICE!" But then I realized that I was being hypersensitive and if it were say, Ulrich in tightie-whities I wouldn't mind at all.

I think you're right, I distinct remember someone who worked on the show saying that briefs were edgier over boxers because they showed more a bulge.

10. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

This is anime, so it might not count, but Akemi from Maisson Ikkoku has a basic costume that generally consists of a seethrough nightie, panties and no bra.

This thread has exciting potential for perviness, the most I've seen in a while. I heartily approve.

11. Kagetsu

Kagetsu Hooligan

Sometimes I think you're hard pressed to find an anime without underwear.:anime:

Yes, and I approve too :p

Yumi in Code Lyoko. One of my favorite scenes has her in her underwear. I like any favorite character in sleepwear and underwear because it's the ultimate casual. Messy hair is a plus as well.

Molly in Oban Star Racers is seen in boxers and sport bra, but I think it's more sleepwear.

12. Atoon

Atoon Broken English

In a Robot Jones episode, Robot Jones watch girls in the girl's bathroom with x-ray vision. He seems them as skeletons, but with underwear.

13. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

There was one episode of Fairly Oddparents called "Class Clown", where Veronica's clothes end up drying away and she ends up in nothing but her underwear. Timmy Turner himself has been in his underwear a few times.

14. Leaping Larry Jojo

Leaping Larry Jojo Searching for a map

that's exact what I thought when I saw SisterUmino's post

15. Vincent

Vincent Shooter of The Crimson

Ah..hehe....never though I'd see a thread like this,but well...One couincidance I can think of in one episode of Code Lyoko a charector is in HER underware......To bad the animation of the show was bad.cuz' I wanted some good panties! *cough*

16. Kagetsu

Kagetsu Hooligan

Gee, how could I have forgotten about Sissy and her pink bra and panties trying outfits for the dance. [Code Lyoko]

I always wondered if the animators realized that Odd was looking up as he followed Aelita up a ladder while she was wearing her night shirt :eek:

Chaka slipped down to her pink panties to wade through the subway water to follow Matt who did the same first. It's what made Fruity decide he had to follow despite mutant eels. [Downtown]

17. Butters

Butters Hakuna Matata!

In this Ed Edd and Eddy episode when they don't get invited to this pool/summer party. And then they get left out all the while and they are embarrassed in their underwear. I think it was that girl with the Blonde Hair called "Naz" who was kind enough to invite the three Eds into the party. Otherwise they wouldn't have gotten in since everybody hates those three Eds.

18. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

Actually, what happened was that they were wearing speedos and they ended up ripping off of their bodies, so they ended up naked. They weren't in their underwear.

19. Daikaio12

Daikaio12 Member

The only example I can think of is an episode of Sabrina, when she uses her powers to split open a girl's pants.

Actually, I did recall a particular example from a movie, Alice in Wonderland, one scene in particular:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Granted, Alice is a nineteenth-century character, so it's not quite the same thing as a contemporary character. Still, it's pretty blatant to have a character pull up Alice's dress!!

20. modestguy80

modestguy80 Guest

Futurama has had some memorable underwear clips.
    Fry in white briefs. Amy and Leela in panties on occassion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.