1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cartoon Avatars...

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by Dusty, Aug 21, 2010.

1. WMania

WMania Check Out My Avatar Thread!

The logos are a great idea, to be honest.

2. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

Thanks, WMania, :)

D.

3. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

4. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

5. WMania

Love the new avatars, Dusty. :D

6. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

Thanks, :) the next avatars I will try and finish will be more Toonami and 2004-2010 "This Is Cartoon Network" era.

D.

7. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

8. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

9. WMania

I love the Megas XLR avatars. BTW, if you didn't see, I used the Muttley avatar with the black borders you suggested. :)

10. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

I saw, nice! I can't figure out why the image of Muttley is so blurred though. Also sorry for the lack of updates, I have been a bit under the weather, and have artist's block aswell, lol

D.

11. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

IMAGE IS TOO BIG TO POST! so i posted the link instead, (I promise it is completely 100% Virus, Malware, Spyware, and Adware free.)

http://www.deviantart.com/download/259617692/2011_jl_fall_desktop_by_kal_dusty-d4akiak.png

Not an Avatar but a small project I have been working on, I really wanted to do a cool Superman, Justice League, CN, or Scooby Doo Fall/Halloween desktop this year, but I have been and still am in a creative slump right now. I have been tossing design ideas around for about 5-7 days, (yeah it took way too long.) I slapped this one together pretty fast (not boasting, I am just suprised that I got some momentary inspiration and put this together in about an hour.) I still want to make a cooler JL, CN, or Scooby Doo related Halloween desktop soon. I just need to get my creative juices flowing again, but until then... enjoy, and hopefully more better stuff to come. :)

EDIT: sorry about the size, but the PC I use (a laptop) is 1280 x 800, so that is the size I make Desktops for now.

D.

12. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

Another Superman desktop, I am trying to work on a Scooby Doo one or a Billy and Mandy one, but for now... yes... I am fixated on Superman, lol.

http://www.deviantart.com/download/259763776/superman_fall_desktop_2_by_kal_dusty-d4ann0g.png

LINK IS SAFE I PROMISE!!! ;)

I am still just throwing ideas around, I thought this was a fun design. Yes the border is almost the same as the one used in my other desktop I posted yesterday. I was too lazy to design a new one lol.

NOTE: A special and huge thanks to all the wonderfully talented people on the Paint.net forums for their awesome plugins (which I was able to utilize to help make this image,) thanks! [​IMG]
    NOTE #2: For the trees in the background I used an image from a google search. I cannot remember who took the pic, (it was a year or so ago when I got it.) Thanks to whomever!

D.

13. WMania

Hey Dusty, I know you are on an artist block and all, but I have a request: In order to celebrate the new series Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, can you please make some avatars of the characters of the show? It seems to be cool. :)

14. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

Is that the newest CN show? if I can find Semi-HQ images of them then I will try, :)

D.

15. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

I was able to get a few pics of this show from CN's website, but I only did one of the characters this time, sorry. Multi-tasking is not something I am good at, I actually have a lot of projects and other stuff on my plate right now :raven:, anyways here is some dude from that one show you wanted (I can't remember the name, it's too long lol.)
    [​IMG]
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Dusty37/43tfr34fr34rf34f34.png

D.

16. WMania

Thanks Dusty! Nice work. Big improvement over my current avatar.

17. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

http://www.deviantart.com/download/262673189/jl_blu_ray_custom_cover_proto__by_kal_dusty-d4cdzxh.png

I jump around on projects quite often, so that's why I haven't done anymore fall desktops or avatars lately. This is my current art project (which has turned out to be a very difficult project.) I wasn't too fond of the official Blu-Ray cover we got so I decided to start on making my own, only 43% more to do and then I am finished. lol
    BTW any tips or suggestions are welcome, as like I said before I am having a pretty tough time doing this thing. I like doing hand drawn art more, lol, cause this is hard when you don't have access to HQ images and a huge fancy art program like adobe illustrator. ;)

D.

18. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

http://kal-dusty.deviantart.com/art/Justice-League-Blu-ray-Cover-262867575

http://www.deviantart.com/download/262867575/justice_league_blu_ray_cover_by_kal_dusty-d4ci5x3.png

My longest and most difficult project yet, (it took about 20+ hours over a week long period.) but here is the finished project. (I made it using Paint.net and MSPaint.)
    (I usually hate my own art) But I think it looks okay, I know you can't really read some of the words on it very well, but I didn't know what else to do or how to do it. But anyways, anyone feel free to use this, but for personal use only please! Enjoy!
    Also please feel free to let me know if it looks good or if it needs more work.
    thanks, :)

D.

19. WMania

Nice job on the blu-ray covers Dusty.

20. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

Thanks, and sorry about the lack of updates, life has not been very swell, so I haven't had any time to do anymore avatars, but I did do these:

http://kal-dusty.deviantart.com/art/2011-Halloween-Pumpkin-263858572

http://kal-dusty.deviantart.com/art/JL-Superman-Pumpkin-264336048?q=gallery%3Akal-dusty&qo=0

I really wanted to do the entire Justice League (the main 7) but right in the middle of doing this project life hit me in the gut. So now I wouldn't have enough time to finish the pumpkin before it started to rot. Curses!!!!

D.