1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cars - discussion, news and rumors.

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by stephane dumas, Jan 14, 2013.

1. stephane dumas

stephane dumas Well-Known Member

I don't know if there any cars fans here on Toonzone. I think then we could start a thread about cars, like new cars and/or concept-cars showed at auto shows, classic cars, various rumors in the automobile industry about joint-ventures and all, with some spyshots about upcoming cars like for example these future Cadillacs. And cars stars of tv, movies, cartoons, I know a good website called IMCDB(Internet movie cars database) who show screenshots of cars cameo in numerous movies and tv shows.

2. SceneQueen

SceneQueen Member

Really good idea, I'm a car-sick person. I just love eastern european cars, Trabant, Skoda (1976 - 1990), Lada (1970 - 1990) and Zastava (1960 - 2008).
    I also love Japanese 80s cars and the Opel ascona / chevrolet monza. :) <3 LOVE LOVE LOVE.
    My dream is a Daihatsu Cuore 1986 - 1989.
    I own 10 cars:
    1986 Daihatsu Charade
    1986 Daihatsu Cuore (soon)
    1987 Mitsubishi Lancer GLX
    1987 Peugeot 309 GL Profil
    1987 Citroen AX 11 TRE
    1987 Fiat Uno 45S
    1988 Honda Accord
    1988 Skoda 105 L
    1989 Skoda 120 L
    1989 Skoda 120 L

And more coming later when I buy em :3

3. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I'm still disappointed that Saturn was shut down. :(

4. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

The North American International Auto Show is starting this week. I can live without Saturn, it's Pontiac that I miss.

5. stephane dumas

You're not the only one. I also miss Plymouth, Mercury and Oldsmobile. I remember one of my uncles and some neighboors around me who owned early 1980s Cutlass Supreme.

Edit: About cars who vanished, I spotted some "what if" and "what might have been" like this 1975 Plymouth Barracuda proposals who didn't go further then some clay models.
    http://aboutmusclecar.blogspot.ca/2011/10/new-muscle-car-concept-for-1975_26.html

I scanned a long while ago, these scans from an old issue of the magazine Collectible Automobile about some proposed 1962 DeSoto, before Chrysler decided to axe it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#5 stephane dumas, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013
  6. stephane dumas

7. stephane dumas

8. stephane dumas

Anyone who like to see some vintage road-tests from a former syndicated tv show named "Car & Truck"? These vintage road-tests are a interesting time-capsule to see like for example, this test-drive of a 1972 Buick Centurion.
    [video=youtube;OVo9U89liic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVo9U89liic[/video]

9. Punisher

Punisher One Shot At Glory

So does anybody have any information on the Jeep Gladiator and/or the possibility of an El Camino revive? I've heard the Gladiator was put on the backburner and there is just a lot of speculation about the El Camino. Would love to see either of them actually be put in production.

10. stephane dumas

The El Camino is on and off rumors, but from what I read on GMInsidenews (forum about all GM cars including overseas markets with Holden, Opel, Vauxhall), the El Camino is still dead. :(
    Meanwhile, some folks customized an Holden Ute (an Australian term for light truck) with the Camaro front end disguising as an "El Camaro", there some pictures posted on CheersandGears (another GM forum).

Meanwhile, the Chevrolet Tornado, the mini-pick-up currently sold in Mexico, Ford also got a mini-pick-up named the Courier in Mexico as well. Chevrolet México Vehículos | Tornado 2013 Pick up

11. stephane dumas

12. stephane dumas

There a good article on Curbside Classic about Bill Hickman, an actor and stunt driver who drived the black Dodge Charger who was chased by McQueen's green Mustang in the movie "Bullitt" as well as being Gene Hackman stunt double in the chase in "The French Connection" when he drived a car chasing an elevated subway and driving a big Pontiac Grandville in "The Seven-Ups". Curbside Cinema: Bill Hickman – Stunt Driver Extraordinaire

13. stephane dumas

14. SceneQueen

SceneQueen Member

Yeah just IGNORE my post, rude...

15. stephane dumas

Sorry ^^;

To cheer you up, I spotted that video of 2 Ladas doing dragracing.
    [video=youtube;1Q05dCtU5ng]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q05dCtU5ng[/video]

16. SceneQueen

SceneQueen Member

Awesome. ^^

17. stephane dumas

You're welcome. :)

You might enjoy also that car chase scene from the French movie "Le Casse" (The Burglars) with actors Jean-Paul Belmondo and Omar Sharif driving a Fiat 124 T Special and a Opel Rekord. Note then had been replaced with stuntmen like Remy Julienne althought Belmondo also did some stunts during his career.
    [video=youtube;XVs5rVf8hB0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVs5rVf8hB0[/video]

18. stephane dumas

19. SceneQueen

SceneQueen Member

Okay now that was freaking awesome! Thanks!

20. stephane dumas

You're welcome!:D

You might even enjoy this one, still with Belmondo driving a Fiat Ritmo (known in North America and in the UK as Strada) used by a driving education school in the movie "Flic ou Voyou".
    [video=youtube;VbzLUKrXg9A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbzLUKrXg9A[/video]