1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cars 3 is coming.

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Daikun, Oct 15, 2013.

1. spongebob03

spongebob03 Member

It wasn't until a year or so ago that I started to appreciate the Cars movies for what the folks at Pixar made them to be. So I think their pretty good movies. So with that said, I still wasn't excited about Cars 3. The teaser trailer was so unexpected and good, but I'm still cautious.

After watching this, I was reminded of an idea that popped into my head one day. It's a teaser for an animated film about two teens on the run from lots of people wanting to capture them. It ends in what I think is an attention grabbing moment. In the actual movie, it would be apart of a dream.

Ever since I read what the movie was about when Disney released the info, I wondered if they were planning on using some of Paul Newmans old voice work that didn't make it into the first movie. Just for poignant moments between Lighting and Doc. Add some emotional weight to the story. I was thinking it would be awesome if something Paul said during old recording sessions inspired this movie. I also wondered if people would find that creepy.

2. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well that was surprisingly dark. Even the footage looked more like a live action movie rather than an animated sequence, so that was quite impressive. It is a teaser, so the movie probably won't look like that, but it does set up an interesting possibility about the movie. It could be focused on Lighting having to give up racing after an accident, which would kind of fit with how the other movies have presented him. In the first movie, he was the young, upcoming rookie and while the second movie focused more on Mater, he was seen a bit more as a seasoned veteran, or at least more well known. Seeing how he handles the end of his racing career could make for an interesting spin on the movie.

3. Ed Liu

Ed Liu That's 'Cause I ATE IT!!!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Maybe Lightning will have to confront the possibility that his racing career is over, and then have to go on a search to find himself as he re-defines himself as a rescue vehicle.

Nah. Done that already, haven't they? ;)

4. ECDT1089

ECDT1089 That Car Genius

Wow...this trailer sure has generated a lot of controversy!

5. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

6. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

7. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That's rare to hear someone saying that, especially because it means they'll make more sequels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

Talk about taking the franchise in a whole new direction. I get the impression that McQueen may go through something similar to Doc's backstory from movie 1; it seems like the route they would take anyway.

No matter how this film will actually turn out, it'll be pretty intriguing to say the least.

9. PinkiePie97

An extended sneak peek.

10. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

I am quite interested in where this is going, to say the least. I especially love how they are emphasizing the moods here.

11. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It was a pretty intense trailer. It conveys a more serious tone than what most people would expect from a Cars trailer. I thought it was kind of interesting how they still don't focus on the cars' faces aside from a couple of shots.

12. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

I heard and can't wait to see it.

But the little mermaid 2 was pretty unsuccessful which is why i said that. Some sequels arent successful.

13. PinkiePie97

New teaser trailer:

14. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

The trailer has my attention. I'll say that.

15. PinkiePie97

Official U.S. trailer:

16. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

Interestingly this movie is rated G. I say it's interesting because Finding Dory was PG but I felt it was softer than the original.

17. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

Basically "Rocky Balboa" with cars.

Hey, if anyone can make it work it's Pixar.

18. Copaci

Copaci A Cartoon and Logos Fan

Why is it rated G? I was expecting to be rated PG because of Lightning McQueen's accident. Also, this is the first Pixar G-rated film since Monsters University. At least it's good, since the first 2 Cars films were also rated G despite their content.

19. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

Doesn't make much sense before, but things like Finding Dory and Inside Out didn't really need to be PG either. So maybe this is just the new standard from now on and they're subtly bringing back the G rating. After all, the G rating hasn't really been seen at all in recent years outside of a few lesser known documentaries here and there.

20. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

The movie looks a lot more interesting than the last one, for the most part it looked very well.