1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cars 3 is coming.

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Daikun, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Michael Wallis confirms there will be a "Cars 3" » Route 66 News Route 66 News

http://altondailynews.com/shared/inc/client/17/broadcastAudio/6372508152013105112.mp3

2. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 She rocks both ways.

I want to say this is legit, but I'm just gonna wait until Pixar confirms it. I'm still waiting for that TS4 confirmation.

3. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

Well this sure is...interesting. First rumors of a Brave 2, now a Cars 3? What is up with Pixar and sequels lately?

4. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if this does turn out to be true. Cars most likely still brings in a lot of money with their toys and Car toons might have been received well with kids too. Personally, I wouldn't be necessarily against this, although Pixar getting more into sequels is a bit worrisome. I actually kind of liked Cars 2. It definitely wasn't one of their best movies or one of my personal favorites, but it was fun and didn't have as much of a predictable plot as the first Cars did. I might not go out to see it in theaters depending on what we learn about the movie, but I'd probably rent it or watch it on TV.

5. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I'm glad their is going to be a Cars 3 just to assure we will never see it again. Unfortunately, there could be a Planes 2. Ugghhhhhhh.

I didn't hear about a Brave 2? Interesting.

6. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

I wouldn't mind a Cars 3, since really, it would be Cars 2. What we got as "Cars 2" was just Mater 1. Lightning was barely in Cars 2. Of course, I'd greatly prefer it if they focused on new movies.

7. Corwin Haught

Corwin Haught Member

I'm thinking DisneyToon is going to make it.

8. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

If it gets Cars off Pixar's hands so they can focus on better stuff (and also keep them occupied so they don't make any more Planes sequels), then I'd totally hope for that.

9. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

This does not surprise me, if real. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing it. I didn't think Cars 2 was that bad.
    That's already been planned:
    Planes: Fire and Rescue (2014) - Box Office Mojo

10. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

Yeah, some dude on the Disney Wiki who says he has "inside info" says that there will be a Brave 2. Until I hear actual confirmation about that though, I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

11. iptumcea

iptumcea Member

It's getting the "1990's Disney movie" syndrome. I say "getting" because not all of its movies have been made into TV show spinoffs yet.

12. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

As has been discussed on these boards, Pixar is doing a sequel every other year starting with Finding Dory. It's likely that Cars 3 or Brave 2 will be the sequel for 2018.

13. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

I thought they said they're holding off on the sequels for now.

14. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Never said anything about prequels.

15. ToDandy

ToDandy Member

I liked Cars but really disliked the sequel.

I think it would be better if from now on Pixar handed all it's sequels over to DisneyToons so we can ignore them like everything else DisneyToons has churned out.

16. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Oh no. Please make it stop. LOL.

17. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Uh....sort of. Their main emphasis will be getting one original film out per year (unless something like The Good Dinosaur happens). They will still make sequels, but not all the time and they will be released in the fall instead.

I want a Brave 2. I don't want a Cars 3, but that goes without saying for everyone else in the country above 8 years of age.

18. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

So much for Pixar being the anti-DreamWorks.

19. Vaporleaf

Vaporleaf Active Member

Yeah, not like Pixar ever made unnecessary sequels before. *cough* Toy Story 2 and 3.

20. Monte

Monte Active Member

Except that both Toy Story 2 and 3 were brilliant films. They made those films because they found a great story to tell. Same could be said of the more recent Monsters University... Quite frankly its rather silly to criticize a studio just because it chose to make sequels; sequels are not inherently bad. The aforementioned films were great films. What matters is the QUALITY of those sequels as that shows whether they were made for art, or if they were made for cash. If the film has a very weak story that shows they didn't spend much time on it and/or their is a very clear drop in quality, then you know you got a cash grab(this applies to most Disney and Dreamworks sequels). But if the story is great, and the animation is on par with their usual work, then you got something that the directors really wanted to make (toy story 2, 3 and monsters U).

What makes Cars 2 stand out is that it didn't have a great story to tell. It had some fun, but really misses the mark on what makes pixar films so great. It was just shameless a sequel, meant for a few laughs and nothing more. Frankly i wouldn't expect much from Cars 3.