1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Captain Marvel" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by MDawg, Oct 28, 2014.

1. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

According to MCU Exchange, Mar-Vell will appear in some capacity and the original Ms. Marvel suit will be featured in some capacity.

That would be consistent with the concept art shown at SCC, which showed Carol with long hair and wearing something that looked like a heavily modernized version of her original Ms. Marvel costume.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I really hope all this is true; it all sounds very good to me. I'd honestly assumed Mar-Vell wouldn't appear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I would definitely really love getting to see Mar-Vell and a nod to the Ms. Marvel look :D.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Samuel L. Jackson said he hasn't signed onto Captain Marvel yet, hasn't seen a script and the only person he spoken to was Brie Larson.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

That is weird that Jackson isn't going to be in the Avengers Infinity War since I thought he was confirmed before. And it's not like his contract should of been expired by that since from what I remember he originally signed a 9 picture deal contract. And so far that's included

Iron Man
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    Captain America: The First Avenger
    The Avengers:
    Captain America: Winter Soldier
    Avengers: Age Of Ultron

I think I heard somewhere he might cameo in Thor Ragnarok so even if that was true you'd think he would at least appear in Infinity War. I could see if those two were used he would have to do another contract signing for Captain Marvel but if he's not in Infinity War or even Ranarok, what were his other two cameos for his original contract? I really hope his appearances in Agents of SHIELD weren't used for that appearance count since you would want Nick Fury to at least cameo in most of these movies and appear here as Nick Fury if he has a major role.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, that's an oddly casual way to attach someone to a project :sweat:.

7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Well, dropping that bomb of info about the film taking place in the 90's with the Skrulls, things did seem surprising. Honestly, it felt kinda weird imho. Our main ideal was MCU's female GL in a way. How hard is that? Of course Feige and co. said they didn't want to do that.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

It's hard to judge Geneva, since none of her major films are out yet, but it seems she's already making her mark writing for female-led action films.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Regardless, the rewrites are not as extensive as the recent writer switches on The Batman or Flashpoint. According to Perlman, all the plot details previously revealed still hold true, and that Geneva's script is not a complete rewrite. So it sounds like they're still working off the same basic skeleton.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

8/17: Nice! I think that was the same situation for Perlman with the first GoTG then Gunn was brought on?

9/13: Andy Nicholson joins as Production Designer.

• Like Like x 1