1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by dmxx116, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Just call them MARVELS.

2. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

[​IMG]

Kick ass poster. Found it on Empire Magazine Facebook page.

3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The guy with the gun near Batroc is Brock/Crossbones right?

But, yeah, a very nice and retro poster for the movie :).

4. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Saw that on Facebook over the weekend. Awesome retro poster. Unfortunately, it won't be available to the public, since it was a gift for the cast and crew after shooting wrapped. They did a similar retro poster for the first film as well.

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

6. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

The film was released here in the UK today and I managed to view it this evening.

What a spectacular film it is, the plot, the stunning staging, the refreshing lack of CGI, the film is utterly brilliant.

I am already eagerly anticipating Captain America 3. I hope this one gets the box office returns it so richly deserves.

Please stay for the entire end credits, there are two stinger scenes.

7. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

Looks like that's going to be the par for most Marvel movies now, given this film, The Avengers, and Thor: The Dark World.

8. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Yeah honestly though I can do without two stingers. Unfortunately they just might continue the phenomenon, seeing how Feige said they are included with the budget of the film. I also like the idea of other directors taking a stab at them.

9. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Both of the stingers expand the universe, and do not feel tacked on, or included because of tradition.

Without spoiling anything, the first one added to my intrigue of a future Marvel movie, while not feeling out of place in this movie, and the second one helped round out this movie, while getting me excited for Captain America 3.

Worth sticking around for, despite how badly you will need to pee :)

10. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

I saw the movie today - it was great! Definitely darker and more intense than I was expecting. The best phase 2 film to date, I'd say. Falcon's role in the climactic battle was especially fun to watch. I wasn't able to stay for the scene at the very end of the credits but I did see the mid-credits one and it was very interesting. I'd better hold off on mentioning a couple of plot points that are worth raising because the spoiler brackets would be too much of a temptation for some people. I know I would've been ticked if someone had spoiled The Avengers for me before its release, and as I said this is the closest in quality to that film of the recent MCU films.

11. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I'm so glad that Cap 2 is getting such great reviews, because now MARVEL can prove they can orchestrate a good film on the solo efforts. Thor: The Dark World was entertaining too, but admittedly neither Iron Man 3 nor that film reached back up to the height of Avengers.

12. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Hey folks! I will aim to have the talkback thread for this film up at 12:01am (ET), though there may be a slight delay. For those catching the preview showings, please hang on until the talkback thread is open, or post your thoughts in here under spoiler space. Thank you.

13. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.