1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Captain America: Civil War" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, May 5, 2016.

?

Whose side are you on?

1. Team Cap

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Team Iron Man

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Team Underoos

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Team Zemo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Like any typical teenager, I hope Peter jailbreaks it and cuts Tony off. Then comically, Tony respects him for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And maybe shine the signal on some bad guys :D.

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow. Home video turnaround is so fast today.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

Watched it last night. Still a great film. In a second viewing, it did bother me how quick Cap got from London to Vienna to Bucharest as a wanted man.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

True. For me, I rationalized it that Tony was smooth talking Ross when Wanda, Sam, and Steve didn't sign right away and I guess maybe even out of respect, gave him the benefit of the doubt for the three day jump to day of Peggy's funeral and the UN assembly so he wasn't a wanted man yet. It wasn't until he was basically aiding and abetting the Winter Soldier when German Special Forces breached Bucky's apartment that he broke the law and it became crystal he wasn't signing the Accords.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

I always used the excuse that Cap's able to turn invisible (figuratively) whenever he wants to, and only got caught because Bucky clouds the mind. :anime: Had he not arrived at Bucky's apartment the same time the cops did, it's possible they could have all escaped to discover the truth another day.

• Like Like x 1
  8. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

That explains some of the wanted man part. It still leaves the mystery of their transportation. Did they use a Quinjet? Where did they leave it? Are those really that fast? Did Sharon go with them?

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

From London to Vienna? Or Vienna to Bucharest? Hmm, good question. Probably bought a trip from a private airstrip to reduce the chances of being flagged and tracked from an airport. London and Vienna were the same day. I would guess Bucharest was the next day.

I don't think Sharon went with them in either case. On the clock, a member of the JTTF and Avenger working together was probably a no-no without prior Accords consent. She likely went with a JTTF detachment since she was playing both sides up until the point she gave them their gear back right before the Leipzig airport battle. Kind of a story conceit that Secretary Ross or the JTTF didn't suspect her collusion at any point at the cost of making Black Widow look smarter later on when T'Challa asks her who she's alluding to would know their location.

10. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

Aren't parts of Europe small enough that you can tube/train/boat it there fairly quickly? I know we in the US aren't used to quick travel like that because our public transit infrastructure sucks.

• Agree Agree x 1